Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NBC announced that "Superstore" will not be returning for a 7th season. Series finale will air in .March

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
NBC announced that "Superstore" will not be returning for a 7th season. Series finale will air in .March
I binged the whole series last month and got all caught up, then saw this earlier this week. Guess the writing was on the wall after America Ferrera decided to leave. I think they still have interesting enough characters where they don’t need her but there really isn’t anyone else to slide into the romantic lead, so I guess end it before it overstays its welcome.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm part way into the 5th season I think and enjoy the show. I saw she was going to leave and figured it was going to pack it up soon. A show that has had a run that long and loses its lead doesn't need to keep going. It has enough episodes for syndication (or I guess streaming now) and trying to force something will just hurt the quality.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The article I saw wasn’t clear if it was a cancellation or just a decision to end but it sounds like Brooklyn Nine-Nine will not be back this season as planned. Season 8 will happen during the 2021-22 TV season and have a ten episode season to end the show.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one who watched but the current season of Mom will be its last. The show has been ok since Anna Faris left and Allison Janney has always been great but I'm ready for it to end. 8 seasons is pretty damn good.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I was sick a day back in like August and I had Spike TV on in the morning to shotgun like six episodes of Bar Rescue. Long around 1:00 an episode of Mom came on and it was damn good. I was surprised. I should seek it out again. Eight seasons is a hell of a run, good for them.

EDIT: I guess I was watching the Paramount Network but whatever.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one who watched but the current season of Mom will be its last. The show has been ok since Anna Faris left and Allison Janney has always been great but I'm ready for it to end. 8 seasons is pretty damn good.
I was surprised at how decent of a show Mom was when I visited my dad and he had it on a few years ago. It's not really my type of thing overall, but for a modern sitcom airing on CBS, it is very good. The show balances comedy and drama really well and Janney is terrific on it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mom is a show I can never tell if it's still current or if it went off the air in like 2015. Good for them. My parents seem to really enjoy it.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
American Gods has been cancelled. Sounds like it might get a movie wrap up, but no fourth season.

I watched for about a season and a half and finally came to the conclusion I wasn’t liking it well enough to keep going. All style, little to no substance. Kinda how I felt about Legion.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i only watched the first season and the lead actor was so terrible i gave up. It was also super unfaithful to the source material.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
On cancelled shows, I thought the finale of Superstore was *fantastic*.

We were talking about feel-good endings in the Wrestlemania thread? This was the sitcom equivalent of Macho and Liz at WM7. Beautiful.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
On cancelled shows, I thought the finale of Superstore was *fantastic*.

We were talking about feel-good endings in the Wrestlemania thread? This was the sitcom equivalent of Macho and Liz at WM7. Beautiful.
I felt that was one of the better series finale in some time. Just felt like it wrapped up every thread from the series nicely. I just feel bad I didn’t start watching the show until earlier this year so I really only saw maybe the last five or six episodes in real time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CBS is canceling their remake of MacGyver after five seasons.

The remake of MacGyver has been on for five seasons!?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
CBS is canceling their remake of MacGyver after five seasons.

The remake of MacGyver has been on for five seasons!?

It's just as well: I wasn't really interested in seeing what was going to become of the show, after they break Mac and Desi up, to put Mac and Riley together.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you moved MacGyver to NCIS: Hawaii would anyone notice?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tbf a good portion of the audience isn't going to notice that NCIS: Hawaii isn't the Hawaii 5.0 remake.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Maybe if you made their food easier to chew, they’d be able to hear.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
NBC canceled “A Little Later with Lily Singh”, and are abandoning the 1:35 late night talk show altogether.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like to support new late night hosts so I tuned in for the first week or two and I never got why exactly why she had a talk show. The 1:35 AM show on NBC should've been canceled 10-15 years ago. Barely anyone watches the 12:30 AM shows now. Nobody but nobody is watching TV anymore except boomers and they're not staying up until 1:35.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NBC canceled “A Little Later with Lily Singh”, and are abandoning the 1:35 late night talk show altogether.

This will be the fist time since 1988 that NBC will not have a talk show in that time slot. Well if you don't count that weird period in early 2000s where they were showing SCTV reruns in that slot for awhile.