Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Mayor of Flavortown said:
Fox cancelled something called Proven Innocent.

Only show they have left to make a decision on is The Orville.
They renewed "The Orville"

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
The first two seasons of Lethal Weapon had been appointment viewing for my fiancee and myself, but replacing Riggs completely killed our interest. Honestly surprised they let it finish the season.

I have never even heard of 75% of these cancelled shows

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Next season of Empire will be its last.

Conversely, This is Us was renewed for three more seasons.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Epic by Faith No More said:

I love This is Us, and the creator had a plan for 4 seasons worth of stories. I hope they aren't going to just drag it out now.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
After 20 years, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (this was still on the air?!?) was cancelled.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
After 20 years, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (this was still on the air?!?) was cancelled.

It was a daytime game show hosted by Meredith Viera last I saw it. I think she was replaced by Donny Osmond or something a few years ago.

Edit: What the fuck Terry Crews hosted?

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Big Beard Booty Daddy said:

I love This is Us, and the creator had a plan for 4 seasons worth of stories. I hope they aren't going to just drag it out now.

I thought last season was already starting to feel dragged out toward the end. Hopefully it doesnt go that way

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AP Bio cancelled by NBC

Seemed to only get renewed for a season 2 as a favor to Lorne/Seth Meyers. And the ratings this year were even worse. I really wanted to like it cause I love Glenn Howerton, but the show was just a watered down version of Vice Principals with an annoying teal color scheme. Glad, Howerton is free to do the entire next Sunny season now.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
SyFy cancelled “Deadly Class” and “Happy!”

Amazon cancelled “Sneaky Pete”

Netflix cancelled “The Ranch”

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw Sneaky Pete coming but kind of disappointed that Deadly Class didn't get a real chance. It seems like SyFy is leaning more towards the influx of Harry Potter, etc. that they've obtained rather than being the channel which leans on original programming for multiple years. Kind of a shame because they could've built a real brand identity.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
lol glad I didn't start watching then cause a modern Swamp Thing tv series kind of interested me

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s weird because there was a lot of hype and I heard positive things on the first episode.

Guess there was a lot of drama with the execs where the initial 13 episode order got cut to 10. I’d assume they air them all sonid still like to watch and just treat it as a mini-series.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
A buddy of mine sent me this Twitter chain. Apparently they filmed in North Carolina expecting a $40 million dollar rebate which made up half the budget. That was a paperwork error and they only got $14 million so reportedly the show is cancelled because future seasons would not be able to maintain the quality.

https://twitter.com/gholson/status/1136654411399389186

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I also heard they had something like an $85 Million budget, which is insanely high for a TV Show let alone one being done through an App.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AP Bio got revived for some reason and buried in the NBC Universal Streaming Service. Is it really worth it? I really couldn't stand the show, so it's cool for the fans of it I guess.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I felt AP Bio was getting better towards the end but it wasn’t anything that was much watch.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2019/10/sunnyside-pulled-nbc-schedule-tadditional-episode-finish-run-online-replaced-final-season-of-will-grace-premiere-date-1202761213/

Sunnyside got pulled from NBC and will air any remaining episodes on their website. I enjoyed all the Queens references on the show but it was pretty bad otherwise.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Comedy Central cancelled "Lights Out with David Spade"

Not going to lie this really bums me out. Always loved Spade and dug the show.

Yet another miss for CC in replacing Colbert

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually thought Spade had a shot here. Apparently the president of the network was behind the show but I guess the numbers weren't good enough in the end. There is hope the show will get picked up by another network or service

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
ABC announced their schedule. They renewed nineteen shows but cancelled the following:

Schooled, Emergence, Single Parents, Bless this Mess and the reboot of Kids Say the Darndest Things.