Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I watched for Black Dynamite. That was one season and done. Otherwise just Rick and Morty for me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Ugh. Ending a season on a cliffhanger is a pet peeve of mine, for that exact reason. I remember, back when I must have been the only person in the world who watched Scorpion; they ended Season 4 on a cliffhanger, and then, three weeks later, the show got the axe. I was heated, heated, I tell you!

You should never end a season on a cliffhanger, unless you already have a deal signed for your next season, and the head of the studio, himself, signed it in blood.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
is The Eric Andre show officially over? I think it's been a while since any new seasons. That and Dr. Steve Brule were the last things I watched on Adult Swim.

Also, I'm still mad about the cliffhanger that ended The Mick. From an interview they told everyone it was a sure thing they were coming back then swapped the show out last minute because they thought Last Man Standing coming back was gonna replicate the Roseanne revival's huge ratings.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I feel most people in my life gave up on Walking Dead years ago. I always forget it's still on the air.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of season 10 and just decided I was done. I haven’t enjoyed the show in years but kept with it. I’m ok just reading about the wrap up and not watching it.

They’re calling season 11 a single season. But when it’s 24 episodes with a long break in the middle it’s two seasons to me. Like Breaking Bad.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
I think the ratings for TWD have been dropping, so cancelling it makes sense. Also KUWTK may be ending partly because of Kanye's mental health issues as well as financial issues with the network.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I liked season 1 and found season 2 a total bore so I stopped watching. I heard it picked up and got better for a few seasons, but then it fell super hard. Honestly even as a horror fan and a fan of a lot of zombie movies, the idea of watching an 11 season show with 146 episodes about zombies never appealed to me. Like a show about zombies should be 5 seasons at most.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
ABC also cancelled Stumptown. Seems like I don’t know any current shows anymore unless they’ve been on a decade or so.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Supergirl has been cancelled. The upcoming 6th season will be the last. I tried to get into it for season 2 and just couldn’t.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Considering how poorly the 1st season was received, I'm rather impressed that Supergirl was able to make it to 6 Seasons given its move to the CW.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I think/thought that Supergirl is the second-best CW superhero show, after Legends of Tomorrow. I hope they get a full season to go out properly.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Considering how poorly the 1st season was received, I'm rather impressed that Supergirl was able to make it to 6 Seasons given its move to the CW.

I mean it's CW don't they give everything at least 3 seasons? Supernatural could have run longer than the Simpsons if it wanted to I'm pretty sure.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean it's CW don't they give everything at least 3 seasons? Supernatural could have run longer than the Simpsons if it wanted to I'm pretty sure.

To be fair, CW has basically cornered the market on Superhero TV Shows (outside of like Supernatural & Riverdale) so them stopping at basically 5 Seasons on their network is surprising.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I hate it. I feel like the show was getting better and better the longer it went on. Even with some season three misfires.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
On Becoming a God in Central Florida has gone from delayed to cancelled at Showtime. Seems coronavirus related.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did anyone watch that? I think Dunst has been on a great run since Melancholia. I was interested but forgot to watch and it just got lost in the shuffle of there being so many tv shows.

Last edited:

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch that? I think Dunst has been on a great run since Melancholia. I was interested but forgot to watch and it just got lost in the shuffle of there bring so many tv shows.
It was good. :(

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My dad watched it and liked it. I always got it confused with The Florida Project ("They made a TV series? Without Willem Dafoe?")

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it back if Covid ever settles down. Showtime rarely cancels shows and every show of theirs seem to get 7 to 10 seasons regardless of premise.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Not so much a cancellation. But the CW opted not to go on with that Green Arrow and the Canaries series... which looked like it was going to be the worst.