Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
This is also the second year in row in which all of their new comedies have been cancelled.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's why COMMUNITY STILL LIVES!!!

Just remember NBC. Not only can it get worse...it constantly does.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
They're gonna give Leno a prime time show aren't they? That's exactly the idiotic shit NBC would pull.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
starvenger said:
Gary said:
Ironic that MJF and Sean Saves the World will be replaced post-Olympics by Hollywood Game Night, which is exec produced by Sean Hayes.

Also funny that NBC probably couldn't have done worse if they had kept Go On. Or even Outsourced.

Before they had moved it to 10:30 when they wanted 3 hours of comedies, the numbers were actually pretty good. And after they moved it, it had one of the higher DVR numbers around.

Dandy

Reaction score
Even though I knew this was the last season of Psych, I am still sad that it is official.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Detective Ventriloquist said:
starvenger said:
Gary said:
Ironic that MJF and Sean Saves the World will be replaced post-Olympics by Hollywood Game Night, which is exec produced by Sean Hayes.

Also funny that NBC probably couldn't have done worse if they had kept Go On. Or even Outsourced.

Before they had moved it to 10:30 when they wanted 3 hours of comedies, the numbers were actually pretty good. And after they moved it, it had one of the higher DVR numbers around.
Yeah that was a puzzling move. Remember when NBC could do no wrong with their comedies? Such a long time ago...

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Made a new thread as the old one was 17 pages! Not surprised MJF show got canceled either.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sucks about MJF, as it had it's moments.. but also not surprised as those moments were few and far between.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
starvenger said:
starvenger said:
Gary said:

Yeah that was a puzzling move. Remember when NBC could do no wrong with their comedies? Such a long time ago...

I think they buckled under the pressure of people bitching about a show about outsourcing jobs at the same time the economy bombed. It was a pretty good show with likable characters.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm happy to find out you like Psych, Dandy. I feared I was the only one here who did.

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
starvenger said:
starvenger said:
Gary said:

I think they buckled under the pressure of people bitching about a show about outsourcing jobs at the same time the economy bombed. It was a pretty good show with likable characters.

I dunno, it seemed to get critically slammed (I never watched it so I'm purely recounting things I've read) when it came out. Not to say that matters too much (see 2.5men & BBT) but I guess low rated shows that are critically acclaimed may stand a better chance due to DVD/merch sales and prestige

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
rollie said:
starvenger said:
starvenger said:
Gary said:

I dunno, it seemed to get critically slammed (I never watched it so I'm purely recounting things I've read) when it came out. Not to say that matters too much (see 2.5men & BBT) but I guess low rated shows that are critically acclaimed may stand a better chance due to DVD/merch sales and prestige
The problem is that the critics get to watch the pilot and must base their opinions on that. In the pilot the protagonist moved to India and basically did every stupid stereotypical thing one would expect a white American from the Midwest would do in India. The idea was not that they were making fun of South Asians, but that they were making fun of the American who had poor preconceived notions about South Asians, and needed to adapt to his situation. But maybe I was wrong in interpreting the show that way.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
I'm happy to find out you like Psych, Dandy. I feared I was the only one here who did.

I've watched something like 25-50 episodes of the show over the course of its run. I always meant to watch more but I could never remember its timeslot.

The thing about these USA shows is that, for as long as they last and as many fans as they have to have...you'd be shocked at how often they STILL fly under the radar. I NEVER see them being brought up in public. It's weird. Even amongst nerds on the internet, nobody ever discusses them.

Dandy

Reaction score
I have watched just about every USA series from the past 10 years, and liked nearly all of them. Psych and Monk have been my favorites. When I watch a show, I watch every single episode in order like my life depends on it.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gary said:
Bethenny Frankel apparently had a talk show, and it's been cancelled.
Daytime talk shows are a tough market. Especially if you have a dubious level of fame, like being on Real Housewives and Apprentice: Martha Stewart.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw it once and it was terrible. Not just bad, but insulting bad. Pretentious rich white women the talk show.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Nothing official yet, but this season of "The Crazy Ones" is ending in April, and will be replaced by the TV adaptation of "Bad Teacher"

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
It's the weakest performer out of the other CBS Thursday comedies, but it doesn't get particularly bad ratings. So as of this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I always trust commercials that air in September as being accurate months later, so I just assumed it was still the #1 new hit show on CBS.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Crazy Ones isn't produced by CBS, is expensive and the ratings have been slowly slipping lower and lower. Right now, it's dead.

A chance exists though if it dies on CBS, it could be moved to FOX since I think they produce it.

And holy shit, Unforgettable is still on the air?!?! I thought that show had been cancelled twice!

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
The problem with "The Crazy Ones" (other than the fact that it sucks and you can tell Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Geller don't want to be there) is that it doesn't have very wide appeal*. Look at something like "The Big Bang Theory": I'm not a fan, but I understand if someone is and it can appeal to different kinds of audiences. Compare that to something like "The Crazy Ones", which is clearly meant to appeal mostly to baby boomers, who are a shrinking audience.

Oh, and "Elementary" is switching nights next season, which is for the best.

*I could hazard a guess that this is also why a show like "Two and a Half Men", which still has legs, has taken a dip in the ratings. Like TCO, it's not going to appeal to a wider audience-at this point, people have either finally realized the show sucks and it only appeals to the Chad Numbers of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends next season or the season after next.

And holy shit, Unforgettable is still on the air?!?! I thought that show had been cancelled twice!

It was cancelled once, but then they brought it back as a mid season/summer show.