Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Antonio Brown Released by Oakland

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_confirms_text_messages_sent_to_second_accuser_were_from_antonio_brown/s1_12680_30050168

Headline speaks for itself. Again, this guy has no business playing NFL football. People talk about innocent until proven guilty, but he's proving himself guilty and for whatever reason the NFL isn't doing shit.

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew that was coming. The NFL was gonna suspend him for a long time anyway and still will.

They should have released him the moment the first story came out, so I'm not gonna give the Pats any extra credit, but I knew there was no way they were gonna be cool with this circus.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
"You know, we knew there were question marks and I was never comfortable with us signing him, glad we did the right thing!" -- Equivocating, horrible Patriots fans today

Staff member
Reaction score
The talk about AB being a genius in getting out of Oakland this way was very short lived. This guy threw away tens of millions of dollars.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
You could see it on Belichick's face at his press conference that he was getting beyond fed up with the situation as well. It was just a matter of time before AB got shipped out and the SI article was simply the nail in the coffin. TBH, I'm surprised he actually suited up and played a full game with New England before it happened.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Kotzenjunge said:
"You know, we knew there were question marks and I was never comfortable with us signing him, glad we did the right thing!" -- Equivocating, horrible Patriots fans today

Gee, wonder why people on Facebook called you an asshole? Can't think of a single reason, myself.

I was hoping it would work out, but obviously the guy thought otherwise. Good riddance and good luck with the multiple lawsuits he's now gotta deal with.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
New-New-New England Order said:
Kotzenjunge said:

Gee, wonder why people on Facebook called you an asshole? Can't think of a single reason, myself.

tenor.gif

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Kotzenjunge said:

Cartman said:
AB doing what AB did is probably the best thing to happen to the Raiders AND the Patriots.

Raiders looking good, definitely motivated by the whole shitty situation, and "Morally bankrupt" Patriots have a 2nd chance at 19-0.

I think Brown is most likely a garbage human being, but he's not alone by any means. This whole story would have never seen the light of day if he had just paid her off the 2 Million she was looking for:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-reportedly-rejected-2-million-settlement-offer-in-lawsuit-accuser-will-meet-with-nfl-on-monday/

I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens alot more than anyone knows publicly since the payoffs keep everyone quiet.

Yeah, I make this shit up. Fuck off. If you don't like truth then don't talk to adults. Go ahead, say this is all in my head or that I'm a hater. Those are the usual go-to's for fucking clowns.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So catching up on the story, the minute those intimidating texts as a member of the Patriots he was gone. They would have tolerated his past antics because it was in the past; as soon as it was clear he wasn't changing that was it.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Kotzenjunge said:
Kotzenjunge said:

Cartman said:
AB doing what AB did is probably the best thing to happen to the Raiders AND the Patriots.

Raiders looking good, definitely motivated by the whole shitty situation, and "Morally bankrupt" Patriots have a 2nd chance at 19-0.

I think Brown is most likely a garbage human being, but he's not alone by any means. This whole story would have never seen the light of day if he had just paid her off the 2 Million she was looking for:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-reportedly-rejected-2-million-settlement-offer-in-lawsuit-accuser-will-meet-with-nfl-on-monday/

I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens alot more than anyone knows publicly since the payoffs keep everyone quiet.

Yeah, I make this shit up. Fuck off. If you don't like truth then don't talk to adults. Go ahead, say this is all in my head or that I'm a hater. Those are the usual go-to's for fucking clowns.

giphy.gif

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/3Xa0L_Q567E

But I think we all can agree AB is on an XFL roster by the end of the year, right?

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
The talk about AB being a genius in getting out of Oakland this way was very short lived. This guy threw away tens of millions of dollars.

I was mostly just kidding because of the Pats reputation. He should never play again.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/3Xa0L_Q567E

But I think we all can agree AB is on an XFL roster by the end of the year, right?

Depends on what happens legally. No convicts allowed. RIP JOHNNY FOOTBALL

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So catching up on the story, the minute those intimidating texts as a member of the Patriots he was gone. They would have tolerated his past antics because it was in the past; as soon as it was clear he wasn't changing that was it.

"past antics"

HE SEXUALLY ASSUALTED SOMEONE you colossal fuckhead.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
This has been one of the most bizarre implosions of a pro-athlete I have ever seen. The fact the dude got a second chance and fucked it up in under 2 weeks is incredible. Dude is mentally ill. Hopefully his victims take all his money away from him. Dude trying to get his hired goons to investigate and threaten her and her children is heinous as fuck. I doubt he even gets a shot at XFL.

Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:

"past antics"

HE SEXUALLY ASSUALTED SOMEONE you colossal fuckhead.

He was changing tho. Starting with signing with the Pats

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
He's going crazy on Twitter. He quit the NFL and is throwing everyone, from Rothlisberger, to Kraft, to Shannon Sharpe under the bus. He's blaming everyone except himself for being cut again. Because it was the owners that raped women and sent threatening texts to them. Fuck this dude.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was really taken aback by Stephen A. Smith's tone on First Take, about the AB situation. It was a calm, quiet anger. He had zero inflection for the first half, and was just to the point and deadpan, none of his trademark animation.

The kind of muted anger that scares you more than someone yelling at you. His voice did escalate towards the later end, but that was when the other commentators offered thoughts, but for his monologue, I've never seen like that.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
He re-enrolled at Central Michigan. Which is kinda cool I guess. Better hobby than sexual assault and getting tackled for a living

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty gross misrepresentation in that article headline to be honest. It's merely a source saying NE will likely have to pay AB's signing bonus (and based on what Kraft/Pats are fighting, they will probably end up paying Brown).

"Where it concerns Brown’s $9 million signing bonus, the fight appears to be heading to an argument of one clause in the CBA. Specifically, Article 4 and section 9, which lays the foundation of the forfeitable breach of money within a contract. It states:

(a) Forfeitable Breach. Any player who (i) willfully fails to report, practice or play with the result that the player’s ability to fully participate and contribute to the team is substantially undermined (for example, without limitation, holding out or leaving the squad absent a showing of extreme personal hardship); or (ii) is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration; or (iii) is unavailable to the team due to a nonfootball injury that resulted from a material breach of Paragraph 3 of his NFL Player Contract; or (iv) voluntarily retires ...

Brown does not fit into any of those qualifications for termination of his $9 million signing bonus, and therefore will (very likely) end up receiving that money from Kraft."

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. Brown does not strike me as a man that knows how to budget so it isn't like he's going to be set for life if he does get that pay out. And the Patriot hierarchy gave the man a contract with guarantees knowing full well the drama he was bringing to the table. As much as I'm not on board with AB's antics, the Patriots should just pay the man and move on.