BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
"They can't touch you"

Unless they suspend/expel the students who violate the mandate, in which case stepping foot on school grounds would constitute trespassing on government/private property (depending on the type of school), which is an arrestable offense.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Reactions: Laz

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the worst part is these teachers are getting it and dying. Also, it's not like these teachers are in hot supply so losing them in any manner (even going out due to COVID and surviving) is a big blow to the students they teach, the parents of those students, etc.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maine has an 70% vaccination rate and we've STILL had 10+ districts with outbreaks.

I'm glad my girlfriend works in and my oldest nephew are in districts that still know we're in the middle of a global pandemic and act accordingly.

@909 said in another unrelated thread that there's a point where we're just going to accept that people don't care about risk of mass death and move on but I feel like we shouldn't be at that point right now. Especially since OUR CHILDREN (Helen Lovejoy) voice are involved.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's the worst part is these teachers are getting it and dying. Also, it's not like these teachers are in hot supply so losing them in any manner (even going out due to COVID and surviving) is a big blow to the students they teach, the parents of those students, etc.
That sucks and all but these teachers should really have already been vaccinated long ago.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As far as kids are concerned, they should just let them go to school with mask mandates until the vaccination can get to them. Once that's in place, they can require the vaccination like they do for other things. Parents who don't like it can pay for private school. All that being said, kids below 12 are still low risk for death or even serious illness, even if the case count is significantly higher. I'm not really sure how many of them are even showing symptoms when they have to be sent home for "quarantining." Personally, I'd only recommend kids get tested or sent home if they show symptoms. Otherwise, keep them in school. That may not be a popular stance but we are gonna end up with a bunch of dunces or school shooters if we keep disrupting this generation's education.

• Ohreally

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We've had those for decades anyway. And there have already been far to many children to have died/have adverse effects from this to not take it seriously. They handled distance learning, masks, etc last year well. Better than a hell of a lot of grown ups. There was never any need to try to rush schools back to 'normal.' Do this stuff safely. Like you said, masks until kids can get vaccines. And, yes, th.e teachers should've been vaccinated months ago. If teachers were paid their worth, there wouldn't be a need to worry about shortages

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AFAIK and I haven't looked into statistics, but I would say the vast majority of teachers are vaccinated. Amongst the teachers that I know, at least, and Idk if this speaks for the rest of the country but the real concern is that a lot of the bus drivers and cafeteria workers are unvaccinated. Portland Public Schools actually refused to enact a vaccine mandate cause they were afraid that they wouldn't be able to attract enough people to work those jobs to which I think I and any other reasonable person would counter; they already AREN'T working those jobs so why protect their interests over the kids?

Last edited: