Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bad Movies 2020 (and beyond)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nobody hate watched Hillbilly Elegy?

I guess we have enough poor whites on the board that no one wants to watch Coastal Elite Hollywood's piss poor depiction of Appalachia. :(

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I thought Amy Adams and Glenn Close were both very good but the movie itself didn't really move me that much. Typical Hollywood Oscar bait.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still might do it. I read Amy Adams is terrible in it with a Cletus the slack jawed yokel voice and I don't know if I want to see that. I'm surprised it's only 115 minutes. That's still long but these type of melodrama usually run 140 to 160 minutes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually like both actors but don’t see either as Wonka. Then again, I feel like that is a property I wouldn’t remake anyway so what do I know?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I like those actors but didn’t we learn our lesson with the remake from ‘05/‘06ish? Why bother?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Get Michael Shannon to do it if you have to do it. Not these 21 year old dream boat actors.
I don't mind the choices but Gene Wilder had great comedic chops/physical... flair that I don't think is easy to capture. I think Tom Holland could actually pull this role off but I think they'd be smart to try and age him up a little makeup wise.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Very interesting article on the world of poorly made action movies starring aging stars of the '80s/'90s. Didn't even know there was a modern version of Cannon Films.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Very interesting article on the world of poorly made action movies starring aging stars of the '80s/'90s. Didn't even know there was a modern version of Cannon Films.
Read this earlier, and it’s very much worth reading. Kinda sad to see DeNiro is still slumming in this kind of thing, but then again “The War With Grandpa” came out not too long ago. I guess “The Irishman” caused me to forget how many shitty movies he had done before.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They could do F&F crossovers with just about any genre and it would probably make bank. Vin would be totally up for a Fast & Furious In King Arthur's Court film. Instead of nitrous, they just give their horses steroid injections to pull their chariots faster or whatever.

I'll also accept a slapstick It's A Fast, Fast, Fast, Fast & Furious World, too. The Rock would make an awesome Lennie Pike, but they'd probably throw him in as Slyvester.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Looks like a horror movie called Separation might be the dud of the week. The man behind it did "The Boy" (which wasn't that good but I actually didn't mind it) and "The Devil Inside" (which....no.) The other one not getting great reviews is Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, though I actually want to see that, as I hear the action scenes are good and I'm in the mood for a dumb action movie.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Indeed Separation was some hot trash for sure. I was at a loss at how inept this shit was. Some themes had potential, dolls becoming possessed (problem being we have no idea WHY or HOW they became possessed in the first place), a vengeful mother taking over as an evil spirit inside of the house (again, ZERO explanation), and a traumatized girl being able to communicate with said dolls and spirits (but again, why and how was not explained). All in all, this was a massively bad acted snorefest the first half which became laughably terrible in the second half. My gf and I routinely razzed all over this shit since we were the only ones in the theater, so at least it was an entertaining experience, but holy fuck, other than some impressive looking effects from the evil spirits/dolls, this had NOTHING going for it. So much could have been done with the dolls than what little was done with them. Everything felt almost like they rushed through this production at breakneck speed and didnt think to do any sort of re-write. That said, this probably was a case of too many cooks in the kitchen as I swear I saw 10 or more producers attached to this shit. What an epic failure, but at least an unintentionally humorous mess of a very unscary film.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My local movie theater seems to be openly acknowledging that The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard is going to be a piece of garbage by only giving it one screening. I didn't even know it was a sequel till today.

I'm just glad Ryan Reynolds is going to his starring in absolutely awful looking movies roots after the success of Deadpool.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is a few months old but it popped up when I was watching another video. Ya hate to see Thomas Jane peddle right wing propaganda (...again? I had forgotten he was The Punisher in the '00s) but I guess he just wants his kids back.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They're going to rope me and @HarleyQuinn in with the lure of dramatic depictions of early '00s NFL and then wallop us with a bunch of Bible thumping. SMDH.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to Zachary Levi being a jacked dude. I'll always associate him with Chuck even though I doubt I watched more than an episode or two of that. I sure do miss the '00s, folks!

Is Adam Baldwin legally obligated to appear in every Christian movie?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
All I had to see was Kurt Warner's jersey and just noped that movie forever. Good on Warner for having his beliefs but I have no interest in seeing his story in movie form after hearing about it so much from 1999-2004. I do like that they are trying to make Mike Martz? the bad guy though (unless that's supposed to be Vermeil but Vermeil was way nicer and the actual HC of the Rams).

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
This week's duds seem to be Dear Evan Hansen (which had a trailer that made it look unintentionally disturbing in that the lead of the film, Benn Platt, was the lead in the Broadway show but is now a 29 year old man who looks older than that and is playing a teen) and The Starling (Melissa McCarthy's latest, which is a drama)