Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Going the full Bud Bundy. Nice.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CB2D08FF-6E09-4D45-875F-23D59346FB8C.png
Damn it. Now I want AEW to bring in Bully Ray for a one off just so his dumb MAGA CHUD ass can get verbally owned by Eddie Kingston.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He totally meant Kofi and was punching downward like the chud he is.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Wow. Unreal bad take. And I really like Ospreay as a worker.

I'm not saying he is, and I hate all the "Who's the modern (insert name)" talk, but it's not really an unreal take. People like to remember the peak WWE Eddy. The one that was dripping with charisma and is a true GOAT, but people forget how he started. He's not talking about Ospreay now as that Eddy. Taken at the same age, it's a lot more similar than people want to give credit for. Eddy wasn't always a top guy on the mic, but great in the ring, and had a very similar style to Will. Will can work a technical style with the best of them, and he has, and his high flying is great. He's not as charismatic as Eddy, but in ring, it's not far fetched.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even when he was a young worker starting out, Eddie had a natural likeability and laid back charisma....which is like the exact opposite of Ospreay's personality.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a bad fan take or if it was even mentioned in this thread, but I really like the WM7 blindfold match. I know Venk really liked it too, RIP

Staff member
Reaction score
Ospreay is a great worker who has minimal charisma and he's a piece of shit. If you want to force a WWE comparison you'd be better off comparing him to Benoit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like consensus has shifted over from being considered ONE OF THE WORST WRESTLEMANIA MATCHES EVER by the early IWC to actually pretty good.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ospreay is a great worker who has minimal charisma and he's a piece of shit. If you want to force a WWE comparison you'd be better off comparing him to Benoit.
Eddie was appealing even when he was Will's age cause everything he did seemed so effortless. Ospreay is maybe the most try hard wrestlers out there. He makes Kenny Omega look like Kevin Nash at times.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Even when he was a young worker starting out, Eddie had a natural likeability and laid back charisma....which is like the exact opposite of Ospreay's personality.

Without a doubt. Eddy's charisma was always top notch. Ospreay is a blackhole of charisma. I like to think that if someone makes a comparison like this, it's on in ring work more than anything else. And yes, Will is a piece of shit.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
The saddest part of Ospreay's shit charisma is that he once had one of the best babyface runs of modern wrestling (the feud with Paul Robinson in Progress). He, not unlike Eddie Edwards, seemed to lose almost all of that likeability (as a worker) after touring Japan extensively.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I am going to compare Ospreay to any ‘90s WCW light heavyweight, I would say Rey Mysterio. Tremendously athletic, very believable underdog, very iffy (IE goofy sounding) when it comes to having to sell a match with words.

AFAIK though, Rey never gaslit anyone and isn’t a piece of garbage IRL tho.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not think Ospreay is a great technical worker on the order of a Benoit. He's an absolutely phenomenal flyer. His selling varies a lot. WCW era Rey or Juvi (before losing the mask and revealing his charisma) are fair comparisons.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I feel like consensus has shifted over from being considered ONE OF THE WORST WRESTLEMANIA MATCHES EVER by the early IWC to actually pretty good.
If it were the best match on a card it would be awful. As a change of pace on a card that already has an iconic classic (Warrior-Savage) it absolutely does its job.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The blindfold match is all about the crowd. The ring work is isn't too big a deal; people just wanted to see Martel eat a DDT and made sure they helped it happen. It showed how good Jake and Martel were. The way Jake uses the crowd and Martel's reactions are brilliant.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I do not think Ospreay is a great technical worker on the order of a Benoit. He's an absolutely phenomenal flyer. His selling varies a lot. WCW era Rey or Juvi (before losing the mask and revealing his charisma) are fair comparisons.

Rey at his peak in WCW was as good as Benoit workrate-wise and more than a phenomenal flyer. Havoc ‘97 stands up there with anything. Charisma is more than facial expressions and mic work, look at Liger.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Many times when I see Shingo, my mind immediately goes to Shango and I start thinking about an Ospreay/Papa Shango matchup. That is both a non sequitur and a comment befitting of this thread.