18. Desmond Jennings, of, Rays
19. Jason Castro, c, Astros
20. Tim Beckham, ss, Rays
21. Brett Wallace, 3b, Cardinals
22. Matt LaPorta, 1b/of, Indians
23. Michael Taylor, of, Phillies
24. Kyle Drabek, rhp, Phillies
25. Michael Saunders, of, Mariners

I'll try and add more to this tonight. Great to see three Phillies on the list of course.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Brad Holt and Jenrry Mejia made their 26-50 list.

The Next 25: Tim Alderson, rhp, Giants; Pedro Alvarez, 3b, Pirates; Lars Anderson, 1b, Red Sox; Jake Arrieta, rhp, Orioles; Jhoulys Chacin, rhp, Rockies; Lonnie Chisenhall, 3b, Indians; Christian Friedrich, lhp, Rockies; Jeremy Hellickson, rhp, Rays; Aaron Hicks, of, Twins; Brad Holt, rhp, Mets; Eric Hosmer, 1b, Royals; Austin Jackson, of, Yankees; Casey Kelly, rhp/ss, Red Sox; Jason Knapp, rhp, Phillies; Mat Latos, rhp, Padres; Jordan Lyles, rhp, Astros; Jennry Mejia, rhp, Mets; Matt Moore, lhp, Rays; Mike Moustakas, 3b, Royals; Derek Norris, c, Nationals; Martin Perez, lhp, Rangers; Ben Revere, of, Twins; Esmil Rogers, rhp, Rockies; Josh Vitters, 3b, Cubs; Nick Weglarz, of, Indians.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Orioles have a lot of good pitching prospects. But really, that is almost second verse same as the first with the organization. Liz, Loewen, Olson and a few others just didn't pan out although looks like Olson found life in the bullpen in Seattle.

Though Bergeson and Hernandez give me hope that this isn't going to be a bunch of AAAA capable arms again.

Also, Madison and Alderson are beasts. I saw them pitch when they were in A ball and god damn they is good. Madison and the Tim's are going to give the Giants the most dangerous 1-2-3 punch in the NL and possibly the Majors in the future. I can see Alderson possibly faltering a little and being a solid 4 or 5 guy at the worst but Madison, shit he's good. I'll be shocked to see him flame out.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You hear talk pretty often about how teams just are not willing to give up top tier prospects, and it really shows on the list. Unless I missed 1 or 2 I think only 4 of the 50 players are no longer with their original organizations. I don't know that there's a deal there where I wouldn't say the team giving up the prospects overpaid. Here are the 4 trades I know of:

#22 Matt LaPorta from the Brewers to the Indians along with Rob Bryson, Taylor Green, and Zack Johnson for a partial season of CC Sabathia.

#13 Neftali Feliz from the Braves to the Rangers along with Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Elvis Andrus, Matt Harrison, and Beau Jones for Mark Teixeira and Ron Mahay.

#7 Carlos Santana from the Dodgers to the Indians along with Jon Meloan for a partial season of Casey Blake.

#8 Chris Tillman from the Mariners to the Orioles along with Adam Jones, George Sherrill, Tony Butler, and Kam Mickolio for Erik Bedard.

I at least understand the reasoning for 3 of the trades, but how do you give up Carlos Santana and get back Casey Blake with an expiring contract?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, that Bedard trade has been a gold mine for the Orioles. They got Adam Jones, an All Star, and Sherrill the closer for at least another year unless a good offer surfaces at the deadline. Tillman has the potential to be that #1 starter they wanted as well.

Bedard has went 11-6 in two seasons. Injuries really killed that for the M's cause he is a fine left handed pitcher.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I can understand the Dodgers dealing Santana when they have Russell Martin long term behind the plate.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I think Wade Davis would be pitching in the bigs on any other club. The Ray's pitching staff is just stacked.