Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Baseball Games 2020

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I've seen Harley start threads for OOTP Baseball before, but not this year. Of course I've bought the latest PC version but my life being what it is I don't get nearly enough time to sit and play it.

I took a shot on Super Mega Baseball 3 for the Nintendo Switch. The Switch doesn't have the Show (yet) and RBI Baseball looks less than inspiring. Super Mega Baseball is terrific. It's all fictional players and teams. But even that gives the game some breathing room to operate when you're trying to meticulously recreate MLB players. There's over a dozen fictional ballparks, they look great. You can create your own teams, players, logos. The gameplay is solid. It plays a bit like the Show but not as rigid. The game moves faster which is absolutely a good thing. The batter/pitcher matchups are engaging and reward patience. The opposing batters will track your tendencies and notice if you always (for example) throw a fastball on 2-0. Another bonus, it's co-ed. If you're looking for a new baseball experience, this might be the game to check out.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I have the first two games of that series. I really like it except if I move the Ego rating past 65, I can't beat the computer. Anything else under it, I can beat the computer easily.