Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman: Arkham Asylum

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My TV only goes up to 1080i and I do prefer the 720p setting for most games. Some games it doesn't really matter, though.

AntiLeaf33

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Progressive scan is far superior to Interlaced. As a result, I prefer 720p over 1080i any day of the week.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
While 1080i is a high resolution, it works by sending two seperate 560i signals and interlacing them, thus you get jaggies during movies and games.

720p is exactly what it says full 720p image at all times.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough...I can do 1080p, too.

...maybe its' cuz my set isn't too big, but I can't really tell the diff.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
My TV does 1080p at 60hz. It's good for games and blu rays. Now, the same resolution at 240hz is just "sex for your eyes" quality.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Got this game for Christmas and I just got to the batcave after beating Bane. Love this game. Only peeve is that it seems like checkpoints tend to be in weird places as far as where the game autosaves, so when you have to shut the game off and come back to it, you end up having to some tedious runs in order to get back to exactly the part you were at.

Is there a way to manually save so you start back up right where you left off?

Other than that, I love this game.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I generally just run to another room, then I know it saved when I get the swirling save icon, although the way I play, more often then not when I quite a play session I run outside first.

Mazto

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Behind the curve here, but I only got my 360 at Christmas and I have it on rental. Incredibly fun, and while I usually do poorly at stealth at least being the Goddamn Batman I can grapplehook out of whatever insane situation I've got myself into. The dectective stuff wasn't too tedious for me, and actually I would use D-Mode in fights sometimes just because it looked all shiny and stuff.

I beat it on Easy (yeah, yeah, I know) and the boss fights could be a bit more, I did like the general feel of it and the atmosphere was splendid. I think I'll try to run through it on Normal before I have to return it in a few days.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My god i'm stressed out. I'm trying to get the cave/main sewer version of 'Four sides, only visible etc'. And it's killing me. I can't find the dot for the question mark.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adam said:
My god i'm stressed out. I'm trying to get the cave/main sewer version of 'Four sides, only visible etc'. And it's killing me. I can't find the dot for the question mark.

Search for it on youtube. There's more than one with that name so you might have to skim a few, but you should be able to find it easily.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I looked over youtube earlier but I seemed to find every one BUT the caves one. I've stopped for a bit because I must have spent two hours just retracing my own steps.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dandy said:

I've done it. At long last. The link above says exactly what to do as i've read everywhere else, I was looking right at it but not seeing it.

I keep reading 'Shimmy around it' as keep close to the wall and get around that way, which of course doesn't work, I accidentally ran towards the wall and grabbed on it as I inched my way around the column like a rock climber. Thank god thats over with.

Thanks for the help.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Game has been sitting on my shelf since November and I finally picked it up today. This game is glorious.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've completed the storymode, got all the riddler trophies and scanned all the riddles. Now i'm just failing at the challenges.

AntiLeaf33

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adam said:
I've completed the storymode, got all the riddler trophies and scanned all the riddles. Now i'm just failing at the challenges.

I don't know if the challenges are enough to keep me playing this game through. I have nothing to get from the main story, aside from a trophy for beating the game on hard.

I have a feeling I may play it for a week or so, and then just trade it in while it's still worth something.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Very short game, burned through the story in about 4 days. 72%... now just need to get the challenges and riddler stuff done to get to 100%. Loved the game, though.

Everything from Killer Croc to the end was fantastic.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope they find a way to increase replayability with the next installment of this series. Either through online (versus mode or something) or more in depth DLC.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/AWv07fouYvs

Wasn't sure if I should pull this thread or the Arkham City thread. Official trailer for the remaster collection for PS4/XB1 out

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I only have Arkham Origins on PS3. I'm not one to play old systems after I move on to a new system. Plus it's in the bedroom and I have to sit in bed to play it and I just don't like that.

So I stopped playing Arkham Origins and read the plot online and it doesn't seem to weigh too much into the rest of the series. So now I'm going to move on to Arkham Knight. Someone make me feel good about the decision to not finish Origins. Am I missing anything epic?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I didn't play much of Origins myself but my understanding is it is pretty stand alone. It was a different studio and not in the big mythology of all the other games. Never heard any "Oh you gotta see this" like Grundy in Arkham City or other points in other games.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's some subtle callbacks in Arkham Knight and to some degree the story of the Joker and Batman does feel a bit more complete with it, but overall you're probably fine.