Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman: Arkham Knight

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUhcQvlOm7k

Looks like this also takes place before the first Arkham Asylum game.

AnonymousBroccoli said:
One year after Arkham City, actually. It'll supposedly be the last game in the Arkham series, and Rocksteady is developing once again. Gamestop has a release date of October 14th.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One year after Arkham City, actually. It'll supposedly be the last game in the Arkham series, and Rocksteady is developing once again. Gamestop has a release date of October 14th.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-04-batman-arkham-knight-revealed-has-driveable-batmobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzq1rje2Ec

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One year after City? That's weird, as they're using "young Bruce" in the trailer. I wonder if Conroy is doing the voice then..

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is it young Bruce? I think it may just be different, higher quality character models. There was that whole thing months ago about Kevin Conroy doing more voice work, and then he didn't end up in Arkham Origins. I don't think anything has been confirmed yet, though.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh good point, maybe it is the quality. Hopefully it is Conroy, to keep it consistent. ;)

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I'm glad this is a sequel and not another prequel. I'm interested in seeing where they go with how the last game ended.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Moar: http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-knight-wont-have-multiplayer-will-hav-1536502499

The game's combat programmer Tim Hanagan says that thanks to the power of the new consoles, there are between three and four times the number of thugs active in Gotham as there were in Arkham City. Some larger riots feature up to 50 characters on screen. That's a lot of dudes.

After sitting out last year's Arkham Origins, Kevin Conroy will indeed be returning to play the role of the Dark Knight, as he accidentally hinted at last year. Nolan North, Wally Wigbert, Tara Strong and Troy Baker will also return to reprise their roles as Penguin, Riddler, Harley Quinn and Two-Face. Nice!

According to GI, the game uses a "juiced-up version of Rocksteady's custom modified Unreal engine," which could mean a number of things but seems like it'll still use Unreal engine 3, not Unreal 4.

"Arkham Knight" is apparently the name of a new archrival in the game. It's an entirely new character being created from scratch by DC's Geoff Johns. Interesting.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I have the feeling that Arkham Knight (the character) will be in compliance with Azrael's "are you the one the prophecy spoke of?" stuff from Arkham City.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
omg.gif

1394833575-city.jpg

1394833581-oracle.jpg

1394833263-pinguoin.jpg

1394834340-batman2.jpg

1394834332-gordon.png

1394834343-batmobile.jpg

1394834348-riddler.jpg

1394833988-batman.jpg

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Everyone leave this thread. Or...stay...but fair warning...my pants are off.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Official shot of the villain: Arkham Knight

Bj1TNzlCAAAh38x.jpg

Not sure who it is.. but I wonder if they are pulling a Red Hood type situation here.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Batmobile functionality: http://kotaku.com/how-the-batmobile-works-in-arkham-knight-1558166572

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They should just put out a mass press release for every game that was supposed to come out this year: DELAYED TO 2015! JUST PLAY PS3/360 INSTEAD TIL THEN OK?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The delays are the main reason I never do first run buys. Seems like the systems are well ready before the games are even close to being ready. So far, nothing has come out for the new systems that is wanted. Except I think Infamous Second Son but that is not a game that makes me want to buy a system.

This and Red Dead 2? Maybe.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that Dragon Age stays on track and actually releases this Fall. Probably the only game I can think of right now that I'm still looking forward to for 2014.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Were the PS3 and Xbox360 this bad on game delays when they released? For the life of me, I can't remember if they had this many highly anticipated games getting dropped back year after year.

And the Batmobile really helps me want this game. I held off on Origins until it hits 20 bucks range but this one has me intrigued so much.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Same here re: Origins. I still haven't been tempted to pick it up until it's either free on PS+ or really cheap (including DLC).

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Okay, just watched this trailer and I must admit that I want a next generation console badly to play this game.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
This was the main game I was waiting on for next gen. Basically picked up enough sale games recently to hold me waiting for this.