Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman: Arkham Knight

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This could be one of the few games I play through till platinum. The riddler trophys obviously are going to be a chore but I want the 100% ending dammit.

CBright7831

2016/17 Poster of the Year
Reaction score
Venkman said:
The jump to PS4 does so many favours to this game / franchise... being able to zoom in and read detailed things and take in the scenery is really fun and I spent a lot of time in the opening diner jhttp://www.therealtsm.com/Themes/default/images/bbc/img.gifust looking at stuff before the game kicked in. Also got a nice laugh out of the shift list posted in GCPD.

CIno_OgUcAAx3NE.jpg:large

I'm sad that Question (either Vic or Renee) didn't show up in this series. :-\

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Shit... this game gets DARK when
Oracle shoots her brains out due to Scarecrow's fear toxin

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Harley Quinn said:
I'm loving this game, so many wonderful little details in areas if you just look around to peruse including flyers for the Fabulous Graysons and The Gray Ghost aka The Ghost in Gray in this game.

Just got up to
Ghost Joker showing Batman his shooting Barbara in the back(!) seemingly setting up a variant on The Killing Joke(!!)

I've also just got to here. I was very well surprised.

I took a chance that I had reached what HQ was tagging (if anyone is curious, it's after a mission at the Clock Tower - if you've done that, you're safe to read it) and yes,
seeing the big scene from Killing Joke in video game form with Mark Hamill was amazing.

The Matt Hagan poster is funny.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm about 34% of the way through (including the side missions I think). I just acquired
Two-Face
on a fun, quick little side mission and just rolled through the
airships in pursuit of Scarecrow which led to the stunning suicide by Oracle

Dandy

Reaction score
I am 75% through the main mission, so do not read this spoiler if you are not there. I am stuck at a ridiculously hard part of the game where
six Cobra Tanks and the Aroham Knight in his Cloudburst Tank are facing off with Batman. We all know you have to get behind the Cobra Tanks and zero in on them to destroy them. Well, here they tend to patrol in patterns that face each other, making you easily spotted when you get behind one. They also turn at every street corner, making it take forever to zero in.

Also, I have not reached the point where the identity of the Arkham Knight has been revealed, but I am putting spoiler tags over my theory anyway. The reason for that is I think there are strong clues as the game progresses. Again, I am at 75% on the main mission, so I will reference things that have happened to this point. If you want to read my guess/theory, click on this spoiler tag:

I think Jason Todd is the Arkham Knight. He was one of my first guesses early in the game due to his training with Batman preparing him to know so much about Batman and how he operates. The only thing that was holding me back was I could not remember if Jason Todd was mentioned or featured in anything other than his memorial in the batcave in this universe of games. Batman shows early in this game and other games that he does not want Robin or others to help him because he thinks it is too dangerous. That is because he feels responsible for Jason's death.

With more and more imagery of Jason via Batman's hallucinations, I think they are setting up the reveal that Jason survived Joker's torture and blamed Batman and his methods for putting him in that danger. The Arkham Knight has a deep personal hatred of Batman and knows everything about his operations. I don't see who it could be other than Jason Todd at this point.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dandy said:
I am 75% through the main mission, so do not read this spoiler if you are not there. I am stuck at a ridiculously hard part of the game where
six Cobra Tanks and the Aroham Knight in his Cloudburst Tank are facing off with Batman. We all know you have to get behind the Cobra Tanks and zero in on them to destroy them. Well, here they tend to patrol in patterns that face each other, making you easily spotted when you get behind one. They also turn at every street corner, making it take forever to zero in.

This is easily the worst part of the game and I probably died about 15 times before I finished it. Whoever thought this game needed stealth Batmobile missions almost ruined the game.

Dandy

Reaction score
I just beat the main story. Things got a lot tougher than what I spoilered above.

On a separate topic, I found that it is much easier to maneuver and control the Batmobile when you change the perspective to where it looks like your view from the windshield. MUCH easier.

Dandy

Reaction score
Hardest thing I have ever attempted in my life is one of the side missions:

The fourth trial for Azrael is six ninjas. Like the others, if you get hit once the simulation is over. Most of the counters are easy, but the yellow mark over the head blade dodge is harder than hell to be perfect on each time. I have been on this for an hour now. I have tried to use cape stuns before they have a chance to make the strike, but the camera angles keep changing to where you can't see what is coming from behind. This is ruining a perfectly fine game.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
FINALLY completed that insane
Missile Launcher taking out the 5 Drone Tanks
. Also completed the Riddler Trials to free
Catwoman

Dandy

Reaction score
I am at 81.9% for the game. I have a boatload of Riddler trophies to collect, riddles, and Riddler's broken objects to find; I have one more Firefly encounter; eight more firemen to rescue; and several more militia strongpoints and vehicles to take out. It could take weeks to get this all completed.

Things are starting to get a lot tougher in the side missions. For instance, disarming the road bomb brought 30 or so drones to the area. Just way too many in the confined space. Also, there was a spot where two mounted gun turrets, two giant thugs with the multi-weapons, two guys with stub batons, two guys with guns, and several soldiers with shields and other melee weapons were guarding one of the watchtowers. You have to keep resetting the blinded turret every 60 seconds and the fight is nigh on impossible.

Dandy

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I beat the main story last night. What I listed above is all that is left.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Now up to 49% through the story + side elements. Just saw the revelation via
Joker with Jason Todd and re-enacting 'A Death In The Family'

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I beat the main story last night (I still need about 60-70 Riddler trophies) and I think it gave me some weird nightmares.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I legit jumped when I was just grappling between buildings and discovered
Man-Bat.
Funny thing is I remember coasting over that building not long before on the way to the last thing I was doing. That caught me WAY off guard.

Dandy

Reaction score
I am doing my absolute best to finish up the side missions so I can get the full ending. Without spoiling anything at all, you have to have a certain number of things accomplished before a certain directive kicks in. Well, two of those accomplishments are only completed when side missions are completed. I need one of the two, and it is a daunting, daunting task. The game has become tough as can be with these certain side missions. Click the spoiler below if you want to know more.

I need to lock up either Deathstroke or Riddler for the Knightfall Protocol to kick in. Deathstroke took over the Arkham Knight's militia, so you have to destroy every aerial drone; every planted road bomb; take down every armed roadblock; and every armed watch tower. You also have to chase and destroy all the big APC tanks. After that, you have to face Deathstroke. I have unfortunately been spoiled on what entails, and I know it is going to be harder than fuck.

What makes wiping out the militia a tough agenda is both the sheer scope of things and the level of difficulty involved. It takes a long time to travel around to reach these places and then some are nigh on impossible. For instance, the road bomb near Perdition Bridge sees a barrage of 30 or so tanks, drones, and missiles coming in nonstop waves. You are in an area that has four or five direct outlets, including missiles being launched from above, and you cannot leave the radius or the mission fails. Dodging the multitude of straight missiles is not hard, but the aerial barrage is indeed. You have to machine gun them down, which I seem to miss a lot or get hit from the other direction while doing so. It is very difficult to take out the tank drones that are launching them from up there, as it it is a touch angle and you are under constant fire while doing it. Even when you take one out, another takes its place. I cannot get past that particular area.

As for Riddler, you have to collect EVERY trophy before you can face him. I have come across a few that are either glitches or I have no idea how to get them. One is an environmental scan of a riddle. I KNOW I am in the right spot because I get "Subject Too Small" or "Subject Out of View" but I cannot get the damn thing to accept my photo. The other involves a five second timer and Riddler's robots. You have five seconds to take them out and retrieve the trophy after you have taken them out. However, you are not aware of this when you try for the first time, and they regenerate after being taken out via most methods. Again, I know (now) what needs to be done, but the environment around them did not reset so what needs to be there has already been destroyed so I see no solution to the problem.

I will likely be playing this game next year trying to finish these things up just so I can view something that is all over YouTube and other sites.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dandy said:
I need to lock up either Deathstroke or Riddler for the Knightfall Protocol to kick in. Deathstroke took over the Arkham Knight's militia, so you have to destroy every aerial drone; every planted road bomb; take down every armed roadblock; and every armed watch tower. You also have to chase and destroy all the big APC tanks. After that, you have to face Deathstroke. I have unfortunately been spoiled on what entails, and I know it is going to be harder than fuck.

What makes wiping out the militia a tough agenda is both the sheer scope of things and the level of difficulty involved. It takes a long time to travel around to reach these places and then some are nigh on impossible. For instance, the road bomb near Perdition Bridge sees a barrage of 30 or so tanks, drones, and missiles coming in nonstop waves. You are in an area that has four or five direct outlets, including missiles being launched from above, and you cannot leave the radius or the mission fails. Dodging the multitude of straight missiles is not hard, but the aerial barrage is indeed. You have to machine gun them down, which I seem to miss a lot or get hit from the other direction while doing so. It is very difficult to take out the tank drones that are launching them from up there, as it it is a touch angle and you are under constant fire while doing it. Even when you take one out, another takes its place. I cannot get past that particular area.

As for Riddler, you have to collect EVERY trophy before you can face him. I have come across a few that are either glitches or I have no idea how to get them. One is an environmental scan of a riddle. I KNOW I am in the right spot because I get "Subject Too Small" or "Subject Out of View" but I cannot get the damn thing to accept my photo. The other involves a five second timer and Riddler's robots. You have five seconds to take them out and retrieve the trophy after you have taken them out. However, you are not aware of this when you try for the first time, and they regenerate after being taken out via most methods. Again, I know (now) what needs to be done, but the environment around them did not reset so what needs to be there has already been destroyed so I see no solution to the problem.

I will likely be playing this game next year trying to finish these things up just so I can view something that is all over YouTube and other sites.

I didn't find beating Deathstroke as hard as taking out the Arkham Knight's Cloudburst tank, maybe because I had maxed out all the stats on the Batmobile before I got there.

Some of the riddles are pretty annoying, sometimes I thought I was in the right spot and got the "Subject Not In View" or "Subject Obscured", but that might mean that there's a solution to another riddle hidden behind what you're looking at and you're in the wrong spot entirely.

I think I have 7 Riddler Trophies left to find, but I've used walkthroughs to help me with the last 20 or so.

I also needed to cheat a bit to find the
Freeze Blast. I kept going back to Lucius hoping he had it and I tried to steal it from the GCPD evidence room. To find it was just sitting in a room I had been in a bunch of times already was a little annoying.

Dandy

Reaction score
I actually found that early and forgot to pick it up before a cut scene and didn't get it until much later in the game.

Dandy

Reaction score
Treble, with regards to your spoiler that I might be in the wrong place:

I even caved and looked it up online. I have taken every picture of the flower from every angle. I don't know what the issue is.

Dandy

Reaction score
Though I definitely understand what you are saying in general because that has already happened to me three times. The
Batmobile
triggers that a bunch.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that one took me a few tries, too. I had to back up a bit before it acknowledged it.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
"I need to take out the Cobra tanks and secure the area first".

NO YOU DON'T, BATMAN! I avoided them all and remotely drove the Batmobile to have a clear shot at the thing I'm supposed to blow up. Let me blow it up! I don't want to chase 5 tanks around Founder's Island and get cornered and blown up :(

I even have the "distract tanks by shooting, making them think you're somewhere else" power-up but 1. I'm not entirely sure how it works 2. This in no way matters when there are 8-10 other red sight lasers on you.

Edit: I see this is the part Dandy had an issue with.

Has anyone
picked the option to kill Batman with Azrael?
. It just... seemed like the wrong thing so I took the easy choice to complete the case.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Venkman said:
Has anyone
picked the option to kill Batman with Azrael?
. It just... seemed like the wrong thing so I took the easy choice to complete the case.

Batman counters instantly cause he's THE BATMAN. Then Azrael gets carted off to GCPD

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I've completed 56% of the entire thing thus far. Just 100% completed the
Lucius Fox
thing as well as the
Pyg serial killer hanging up the bodies
side missions.

Now that I've upgraded the Batmobile to like 9/10, I've started focusing more on disabling those side bomb things as well as continuing to rescue the Firefighters and disable those motion sensing things on the sides of the buildings. I really, really hate those flying drones though since I struggle with aiming & locking on just right (why is there no AUTO LOCK feature? You're the goddamn Batman!)

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I need to find 3 more firefighters and solve the series killer then tackle the riddler trophys and I'm done.

I'm sadly burned out of the game ate so I've took a break.

Dandy

Reaction score
I have three firefighters; six road bombs; and around 130 Riddler items left. This is taking forever.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
That issue I was having yesterday seems so easy when you beat it, but I couldn't tell you how I did it after multiple attempts of having my ass handed to me. I guess I just paid more attention to the radar and which vehicle wasn't in the pack? It might have been luck? I just kind of snuck around.

I spend a lot of time on side missions as diversions so I already finished the serial killer and firefighter missions. I also go out of my way anytime I know where an occupation tower is (which considering the have giant red floodlights, isn't hard) or "take back the streets" militia gang is.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I screwed up I think in the
Azrael side mission
as it keeps showing me to that little rooftop area by the crane and airships but all I see is a burning A flag :( I had selected it then veered off halfway through my travel for something else (maybe rescuing a firefighter?) and after that he's nowhere to be found.

Am I absolutely boned now?