Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman: Arkham Knight

CBright7831

2016/17 Poster of the Year
Reaction score
Even in death, The Joker is one huge, major gigantic troll.

I love it.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
You can see the fire from below - you need to get on top of it. Hopefully that's the issue.

I was a bit mad that right before
the sunburst goes off
that I had to fight another batch of Cobra tanks, but I guess I've gotten good at it or at the very least got the hang of using the "distraction fire" skill because I had no problem at all hunting them down this time. I actually enjoyed it.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Venkman said:
You can see the fire from below - you need to get on top of it. Hopefully that's the issue.

I was a bit mad that right before
the sunburst goes off
that I had to fight another batch of Cobra tanks, but I guess I've gotten good at it or at the very least got the hang of using the "distraction fire" skill because I had no problem at all hunting them down this time. I actually enjoyed it.

Bah... I guess I should've said 'burnt' flag now because it's just burned up in half :( Laaaaame. If I knew it was timed/imperative I wouldn't have stopped off to do that other needed task!

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
The final one is on top of Lady Gotham though. Did you try there? I'm not sure which one you're at though or why I thought it was final... but it should be possible?

I have to give the game props on something - I hated
chasing AK's super powered Sunburst tank around
since it relentlessly hunts you down after you hit it, but...

1. I enjoyed the fact that fight was a checkpoint, so you didn't have to re-do the Cobras.
After hitting it four times, you're forced to direct combat with it while it just wrecks you
which sucks if you just used up all of your health on the prior fights, but getting to that battle is another checkpoint so when I continued with full health I just got into a firefight with him until it was over.

Most of my sidequests are over, I'm over 75% done in the main story. Just a lot of riddles and owning the street left.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Quick question since I just got the game today - do I need 100% before completion to get the secret ending or can I beat the game and go back and than get the 100%?

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea so I'll defer to somebody else there :p

Just had
Poison Ivy die on me after neutralizing the fear toxin. Fighting off those 7 tanks + the Cloudburst was a PITA mainly b/c I haven't upgraded to that fire missiles & lure away thing.

Currently bouncing around saving firefighters and stuff to try and push my W upgrades to purchase more available upgrades.

Dandy

Reaction score
I do not know the answer to that and am curious as well. I have enough completed to get the ending they actively begin discussing as you beat the main story, but have a ton of Riddler items to go to wrap up the last 5% or so of the game. I would like to know if the ending would simply be added onto once the 100% is completed.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I did some spoiler free online research on that question and there is apparently a problem some people take issue with:

Ending 1: A 'lesser ending' you're locked out from ever seeing if you do too much in the game before beating it. This doesn't seem like a big deal but some people are mad.

Ending 2: The not 100% ending - you can get it, then the game tells you to keep playing to activate the 100% ending.

Ending 3: "Extended" 100% ending.

Long story short: You're allowed to see the not full ending if you want without worry of having to start over with a new game plus.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
It is more than that. Those who have seen the ending find the ending itself is just... Meh. You'd expect something a lot better than that.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Well the specific complaint I read was someone saying they thought it was an unfair "glitch" that there was a first ending you can't see if you took the time to complete more than 7 "Most Wanted" side missions before beating the game.

Speaking of glitches, last night I was having an odd thing happen where when repeating the 3rd lap of Riddler's last track, the game would crash and send an error report. This happened twice, then it worked fine and I beat the course. I certainly had enough practice at it.

Re: Something of note in the character bios (near complete spoiler):

They gave Jason Todd and Arkham Knight the same height and weight in their bios, just in case you didn't catch on before the reveal who it was

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just completed the
Man-Bat side mission
. I'm about 90% through the main story with a bunch of side missions left: 50% Own the Roads, 30% on
Firefly
, 60% through Campaign for Disarmament, and 45% for Armed and Dangerous (plus the other stuff).

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been doing a crap ton of side missions. I'm not even gonna do the riddler stuff at this point, just too tedious. Have almost all the watchtowers out, have all the APC's done, have almost all the security militia checkpoints gone, most of the flying drones etc.

Main story wise.. I'm pretty sure I'm close to the end.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I highly recommend beating the game with stuff left to do. It's worth it to hear the post-ending criminal chatter.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Awesome glitch for me tonight, that I won't tag because I don't have to go into story details.

I was in a mission where I had to use the Batmobile remote. I don't like driving games so I had gotten to the mission on foot but the remote was needed for the end. When I summoned it, the vehicle was so far away, when I tried to get it to my location, it started saying I was going to be out of the signal area. Like, the stuff to keep you from going outside the borders... except I couldn't go in! It was telling me I was like 500m away...

I finally quit and restarted. When I got back, I was in the same spot but the car was thankfully closer to me.

Few minutes of frustration before then though.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Dandy said:
Spoiler tag examples. I have not activated the ending.

That's hard to do without completely giving away the incomplete ending, but here goes...

All radio chatter from mooks is about how they feel about Batman being Bruce Wayne, and it leads to good conversations with the criminals locked up at GCPD too.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished the main story(!) with the "incomplete" ending. It didn't feel like an ending for the "series" as a whole that some may want but I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it worked on a really, really interesting level.

Incomplete ending spoiler below...
Batman finally gets rid of The Joker from his head thus no longer being afraid of Scarecrow and turns the fear toxin back on Scarecrow as a result. Before that though, he admitted on 'live TV' to newscasters and Gotham as whole that he was really Bruce Wayne.

In addition to Venk, there's some good lines from the GCPD police & firefighters and
talking to Oracle and the locked up main villains

Dandy

Reaction score
I am way past that, Venk. I thought you meant between the two endings we were discussing earlier in the thread.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
1. I hate the 3rd
Firefly
chase. I keep crashing or losing him or following the line despite the fact it goes through buildings, so I turn and crash.. One time I followed him and he took a route that caused me to crash into a gate the car can't drive through so I lost him.

2. Even though I thought I got the hang of these Cobra tank battles, the final one in the game is a pain in the ass. They're in closer packs than the previous two battles.

Other than that, everyone is in jail and every riddle is solved.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
There's now a Batgirl DLC (apparently with pure classic HQ costume~!) in Season Pass, available 7/21 without. Don't have it yet because my PS4's being jank about connecting to the internet with-in the game.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally completed the firefighters side mission. Can't complete the Own the Road side mission (despite having just 3 left) because they're fucking bonkers. One of them is 3 militia guys and literally 5-6 gun turret things... how the hell, seriously?

Also completed the roadside bombs side mission and
Firefly
side mission.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Figured out how to 'beat' the drone turret things... needed to upgrade the disruptor to self destruct (cost me 8 W!)

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Batman always told me to upgrade but I never saw the option. One of the harder ones, you need to (or can) park the Batmobile somewhere that allows it to shoot the guns.

Dandy

Reaction score
The Campaign for Disarmament continues to be impossible for me. I am simply not good at shooting the aerial missiles before they hit me. My strategy has been to chase down cars and destroy them to max out the Batmobile's energy for the weapons prior to uploading the virus in the bomb, but I generally use up the missile lock and then just get aerialed to death before I can whittle them down to ten.

Help me, TRTSM.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I've never had a problem using the rapid fire gun to take out the missiles, but I also use X to doge or just get hit anyway (the first Batmobile upgrades I did were armour). If too much shit is flying around I just use the EMP blast, but I also make sure one of the first things I did was putting a virus in one of the drones to make them kill other drones.

99% done, just need to catch that damned fire starter for a 3rd time.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
This damn Batgirl story mode... keep struggling with how to handle the
two snipers
who lock in on me.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I took HQ's chat advice of not trying too hard on my last mission - I had been recklessly driving the Batmobile around with boosters on to keep up, crashing into stuff - and that worked out. All done!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Completed the Batgirl Story.
Harley Quinn in classic costume! The story was wicked, wicked short though and felt oddly hard as if they had to make it harder to make up for the brevity. Also you get to (sorta) fight Joker AND Harley in the final battle but much like the actual game, it's disappointing that there's no actual 1 on 1 fight.