Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman: Caped Crusader - New Animated Series for HBO Max

Dandy

Reaction score

As a lover of everything Batman and having full faith in Bruce Tim and Matt Reeves as far as the Batman mythos is concerned, I am extremely excited for this.

Edit: I could do without JJ Abrams’ involvement, but I am not letting that dampen my blanket.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm excited. This should be really good. The last batman animated show that was really good was Bold and the Brave which was excellent and almost as good as Batman TAS.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Excited for this one but there's been a ton of Batman cartoons over the past decade+ so it's hard to get super excited when the next one pops up for its 15-25 episode run.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
there's only been two batman specific shows tbf in the last 10+ years and the last one ended in 2014. One of them was Batman Brave and the Bold and lasted 65 episodes.

Dandy

Reaction score
This is also Bruce Timm collaborating with current movie series director Matt Reeves, whom everyone is excited for on his approach to all things Batman. The synopsis said they it would be very noir-centric. And it being on HBO Max and not a Saturday morning show on a network/in syndication makes me even more excited.

Dandy

Reaction score