Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bellator Fighting Championships: Round 2

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From what I've read the CroCop fight sounded awful, but I enjoy Mirko avenging his losses and being on a long win streak. Give him Mir or Fedor next.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/20/18233595/former-wwe-star-jake-hagers-second-pro-fight-will-be-against-t-j-jones

Swagger's next fight is 5/11 against TJ Jones

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
DAZN is raising their monthly subscription price for $10 a month to $20 a month. Don’t know how many Bellator fans are sticking around. Guess they gotta try and make up some of the boxing money they’re throwing around

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
0vA39Oh.jpg

what kinda meet and greet is this

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He kind of has a chubbier late seasons AJ Soprano look too.

I'm gonna freak when he uses the power of the beef to one shot Swagger.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That MVP knockout was sooooooo satisfying. Lima is going to win the tourney then hopefully sign with the UFC. Hopefully him and Patricio Pitbull both, those dudes are up there with the greatest fighters of all time who've never competed in the UFC.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
If anyone ever needed to be humbled like that it was Page. He’s probably back to favorable matchups for a bit again now.

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron Pico's hype train is demolished. The guy has no chin and bad defense.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also, Fedor signed a multi fight deal with Bellator.

Just retire please, no one wants to see you fight anymore.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Chael's schtick is the worst but when he's being real he has a lot of insights into fighting:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26944166/chael-sonnen-42-going-keep-going-fulfill-my-promise

still awesome to see Machida knee him in the face though.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I don’t know how in the hell Erick Silva ate those shots in round 2. If Daley wasn’t 100% helpless
once he was on his back he’d be a legend.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
https://www.f4wonline.com/mma-news/bellator-signs-cris-cyborg-biggest-contract-womens-mma-history-291621

It didn't take long for MMA free agent Cris 'Cyborg' Justino to find a new home as Bellator MMA president Scott Coker announced Monday she has signed an exclusive multi-fight, multi-year deal with the company.

Coker told ESPN's Ariel Helwani that the deal "is the biggest contract in women’s MMA history." The amount of fights, guaranteed money, and date/opponent for the 34-year-old's first fight weren't announced.

TSN's Aaron Bronsteter noted on Twitter that Ronda Rousey made $3 million for her UFC 207 fight against then-champion Amanda Nunes.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smart move. The contract allows for cross-promotion if she wants to go to RIZIN, box for DAZN or even do pro wrestling. She's getting paid for sure and next to Nunes the only real challenge for her out there at 145 is Julia Budd who she'll be fighting in either her debut or shortly after.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The irony of a Kongo title fight ending in a No Contest due to an eye poke and Kongo is the one who can't continue is just amazing.

Also this Adam Borics guy seems to be able to not miss with his flying knees. Curran is past his prime but is a tough guy to put away so that's a legit feather in his cap. All of the FW fights were good, this tournament is poppin' so far.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Jack Swagger hates nuts. That last groin strike was brutal.

After seeing the shit interview from the winner of the female fight I’m convinced that Cejudo’s “check out my white glasses” guy is totally responsible for creating his character.

Mir vs Nelson 2019 was about what you’d expect. Both of these guys have been bad for quite some time now.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Signed Cat Zingano to a deal, will be fighting at 145 lbs. Cyborg, Budd and now Cat makes the Bellator featherweight division more legit then the UFC's.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Never understood why King Mo has always been sold as a star. His fights aren’t usually any fun to watch. He’s not a good talker. Yet every company he’s worked for acts like he’s a big deal.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His gimmick I guess idk either. Mousasi is a good win but after that his best win is uh Kongo or old and fat Rampage i guess. He probably should've actually switched to Pro Wrestling around 2012. He seemed like he came in too late. Mo would've probably thrived in Pride in the early 00's.

Watching the clip of his final fight, what a weird way to get knocked out.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
While the Mouasi win was well done, wasn’t it just tackle and some GnP for five rounds? I haven’t rewatched it since it was live.

I didn’t even see the knockout punch live. I though Mo had a Dada moment and just kinda fell over damn near dead. On the reply from the different angle I obviously saw the punch.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kyoji Horiguchi tore his ACL and is out for probably a year so his NYE rematch with Kai Asukara is off, wouldn't be surprised to see Bellator create an interim BW belt.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Anyone watch Bellator tonight? I just finished the second fight and it seemed fishy. Fight was hella fixed. All punches look like they were thrown at about 30% power at best. No speed at all. Not a single hard shot. The grappling on the mat seemed very loose and especially slow as well.