Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Best Podcasts out there

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Been a big fan of the Graveyard Tales podcast covering the Paranormal/Cryptozoology/etc. A really fantastic one is Skeptoid which does a great job digging into facts and largely debunking/providing legitimate skepticism towards the Paranormal, etc. The only downside to the latter is that it's usually 10-15 minutes in length so they are pretty short listens.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My eternal favorite is WTF With Marc Maron. I feel like he's like a weird uncle at this point.

RASSLIN PODCASTS: Our Vantage Point: Retro Wrestling Podcast (which is only podcast I subscribe to Patreon of and listen to live review episodes), Stick to Wrestling, and Pro Wrestling Spotlight- Then & Now With John Arezzi are three where I catch every episode. Grillin' JR and 83 Weeks I listen to majority of episodes, the flagship Conrad podcast Something to Wrestle With has been downgraded to occasional/"if I'm interested in the topic" status.

Non wrestling: TV Guidance Counselor is one I listen to frequently but kind of binge. I've grown to love Doughboys. Which is weird its taken so long since fat, white & nerdy loud mouthed improv comics excitedly talking about chain restaurants seems like something I'd be behind on Day 1.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I love Maron more than I really should but he's absolutely a scary preview of what I'll be when I hit his age.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Feral cats need someone to take care of them. But yeah, Maron is maybe the only celebrity I feel personally invested in their happiness. I couldn’t even listen to the show for a few weeks after his girlfriend died cause it would have wrecked me hearing him so devastated :(

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Currently at the live Last Podcast on the Left Show. Sweating my tits off waiting on this one to start. Seen them once before. Very fun time then.

Reactions: Laz

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Can't recall if I shared this weeks ago somewhere here or not, but Gacy's lawyer's son has hours and hours of unleased Gacy interviews which he is now using to build a podcast around. The pod in the link is the son discussing his angle and theories with another true crime pod, which is easier to digest if you don't wish to donate an 13+ hours to listen to his tale unfold.
Long story short- Gacy may have been in a pedo ring, he almost definitely had help (1 guy is still alive in Chicago who dug trenches in Gacy's crawlspace and likely took part in some of the kills), and there are more victims to be found buried.

Last edited:

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
That's, ummm...yowza. Part of me wants to call out India Arie for blatantly deceptive editing, since Rogan has made it very obvious that he's not racist given those in his friend circle, but if you're going to have any sort of discussion on race relations as a white guy then, ya know, don't use the fucking slurs. Especially on a recorded medium. Rogan dumb.

--------

In more positive news, I've been doing a deep dive on Blank Check with Griffin and David, and it's one of the better "movie review" podcasts I've listened to. Started as a Star Wars show, where they spent weeks going over each of the movies (and apparently losing their minds in the process), they then switched to a bunch of mini-series where they go through the filmographies of heralded directors and review each movie.

The James Cameron series has one of the funniest running gags ever, all based on making a sequel by just pluralizing the title. It's so dumb and simple, but it just keeps getting better.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a nearly running gag on Blank Check in the last year or so of guests trying to make their episode the longest one. I think the masterclass on slasher history for the original Halloween is still the current leader.

Reactions: Laz

Laz

Reaction score
It is! I'm working my way around based on preference of the filmmaker, starting with the Carpenter series. Alex Ross Perry has been my favorite guest so far, and Angela Jade Bastien can fuck right off with her awful jokes that ruined the actual discussion.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Angela Jade Bastien can fuck right off with her awful jokes that ruined the actual discussion.
She ruins the We Hate Movies episodes she’s on. Comes off like a teenager that’s just discovered swearing.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't mind her on WHM (I agreed with her criticisms on Wonder Woman 84), but she does come off as a teen that loves to bring up that she smokes weed all the time.

Laz

Reaction score
And is just super, super thirsty. I looked her up, thinking she was early 20s and just found freedom, but nope. 30s. Well respected critic. Who clearly doesn't know how to blow her fucking nose.

Hot take: nasally voices ruin audio.

Last edited:

Laz

Reaction score
Probably because he doesn't go on side tangents about hitting his vape pen and wanting to fuck Sam Neill.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I appeared on one of my favorite podcasts TV Guidance Counselor to talk about television circa January 2000 amongst other things. There's extensive Brutus Beefcake discussion, @BruiserBrody.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I appeared on one of my favorite podcasts TV Guidance Counselor to talk about television circa January 2000 amongst other things. There's extensive Brutus Beefcake discussion, @BruiserBrody.
How did you get Richard Kind to do a Gilbert Gottfried impression for the whole thing?

I enjoyed the first half I listened to last night. I will finish in a day or 2 after I take on Corny's new 4 1/2 hour marathon.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Richard Kind is the nicest celebrity comparison anyone has made to me.

In a stunning upset, the most annoying podcast of the week is not the one involving me.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I want to defend Smith but I refuse to listen to him on stuff. He just tries so hard to get his shit in. You wanna hear an annoying mess, watch the DVD commentaries he did for Spaced. Unforgivable given the content and persons involved.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Racist Kamala appears in the final mins "I basically skipped over the Spanish channels" o_O

The host tosses up a question about if wrestling has ever happened in a honky tonk bar. I was expecting a pre-Rumble 97 reference with Austin/Funk, but Kamala goes even deeper and mentions Gilly's for WCCW.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Ben Kissel has officially left Last Podcast on The Left. He’s been off the show “seeking treatment” after some heavily implied, but non direct abuse allegations from an ex-girlfriend were shared online. Sounds like no one was surprised by it. Seems like he’s been a mess the last few years.