Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Best Podcasts out there

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
It's called Getting Doug With High

I watched the one with Aubrey Plaza and Alia Shawkat......and they got really f'n stoned and Plaza was just woa......it was hilarious

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Once again recommending Hardcore History which just released its sixth and final episode on WWI, Blueprint for Armageddon. Great series of episodes which actually eclipses the "Ghosts of the Ostfront" series about the Eastern Front in terms of sheer quality.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
This week's We Hate Movies on Space Jam is great. I think the best part was their theory that Lola Bunny was the result of a tryst between a drunk Bugs and Jessica Rabbit and that Bugs unkowingly spends the movie lusting after his own daughter.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
How the hell did I go three years without discovering The Evening Jones? This shit is amazing: it speaks to damned near everything I like about everything! Shit, if Bomani Jones liked wrestling, I wouldn't need any other form of entertainment.

Bo and Tony Kornheiser are the only two people in America that I can listen to talking about football, without wanting to throw my computer out a window.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I love the Tony Kornheiser show. That said, the summer break he takes works out perfectly.

Bored

Boreding Hard
Reaction score
All the archived Earwolf podcasts older than six months are going behind a paywall in the near future. I understand it and was probably inevitable but still bit of a bummer.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We Hate Movies are doing both Weekend At Bernie's movies this week and next.

I was dying at the tangent about WWE films doing a remake with Vince as Bernie and Jim Ross as a bumbling hitman.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not going to consider anything I do to be the best of anything but I didn't know where else to put this. I know there are some posters around here that do their own podcasts and while I did do one before it was hard to keep a solid schedule due to the real lives of myself and my co-host at the time, but now I have started a new one (as seen in my sig). A Horrible Premise is a game show about making up fake TV shows and it's been much more fun than I thought it would be. I have a small group of folks that play the contestants, a few of which used to be posters at the old board and others that are comedy writers/stand up acts, and the most recent episode (and hopefully future ones) had a former WWE Creative guy.

My audio editing skills aren't fantastic (mainly due to my current hardware set-up not giving me super great audio to start with) but I feel like the content is good enough. Episodes go as long as they have to/we let them which makes for some being under an hour and some being closer to two. The most recent contains lots of Michael P.S. Hayes for reasons I don't remember. Only five in the can so far but I am hopeful people like listening to it as much as I like making it.

iTunes
Stitcher
Facebook

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
EL BRUJ0 said:
I click on the link. I see the most recent show is entitled "The Rape Heard Round The World". Well, alright, you got my attention. I click on the show. It goes into one of those endless musical intros which is the hallmark of an amateurish, badly-edited podcast. (Complete with a longer drop of audio from Mick Jagger's "Sympathy for the Devil" than you're allowed to use without legal permission.) When a human finally shows up, it's a guy with the most monotonous voice I've ever heard and bad timing to the cadence of his delivery, whining about Social Justice Warriors and quite sincerely talking about them as if they're an unknown species of animal who need to be psychoanalyzed in order to discover the source of their insanity (and this is clearly not meant to be funny, he means it). I click the exit button. Fucking terrible.

Smartly Pretty

PujolJunkie
Reaction score
Jingus said:
EL BRUJ0 said:
I click on the link. I see the most recent show is entitled "The Rape Heard Round The World". Well, alright, you got my attention. I click on the show. It goes into one of those endless musical intros which is the hallmark of an amateurish, badly-edited podcast. (Complete with a longer drop of audio from Mick Jagger's "Sympathy for the Devil" than you're allowed to use without legal permission.) When a human finally shows up, it's a guy with the most monotonous voice I've ever heard and bad timing to the cadence of his delivery, whining about Social Justice Warriors and quite sincerely talking about them as if they're an unknown species of animal who need to be psychoanalyzed in order to discover the source of their insanity (and this is clearly not meant to be funny, he means it). I click the exit button. Fucking terrible.

I'd like to echo this statement. That podcast was maybe the worst I've ever heard.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Which is double damn'd annoying because now I've found out that the cohost (not Mr. Monotone, but the other guy who doesn't even speak in the intro) is Milky and now I've gotta go back and listen to more of it.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I found a couple good historical podcasts: The History of WWII Podcast and History of Rome. Both have a ton of episodes to go through and they all are 30 minutes or less.

I also resubscribed to The Black List Table Reads now that they do an entire script in one episode.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Bumping this thread because I didn't think this news warranted one of its own, and I couldn't find a more recent relevant thread:

So, I'm listening to the most recent episode of "Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men" and, apparently, they are breaking up. I don't even know if it really counts as 'news', per se, since I feel like the writing was on the wall when Jay came out as trans, but I'll be interested in seeing how the quality of the podcast will be affected, since they said that they plan to keep doing it, but also said that Jay plans to move to NYC, while Miles remains in Portland.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm just going to list what I'm currently subscribed to.

Last Podcast on the Left (comedy podcast about serial killers, alien abductions, cults, and various conspiracy theories)
Last Horrorcast (horror movie reviews, both classics and contemporary)
d20 Roulette (RPG, wrestling, and movies; listen primarily because I'm friends with the crew)
Acquisitions Inc. (D&D adventures with the Acquisitions Inc. crew from PAX)
How Did This Get Made (Paul Scheer and friends ripping on b-movies)
Drew Reviews (genre cinema reviews from members of Fandom.com and CHUD.com)
Bloody Good Horror (horror reviews from the bloodygoodhorror.com crew)
The Bloody Good Podcast (horror news/reviews from the author of 411's A Bloody Good Time)
Neckbreaker (wrestling/metal news and reviews, often featuring interviews with indie wrestlers and various metal bands)

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Exploding Heads Podcast
The Horrorcast
Faculty of Horror
Joe Rogan Experience
Bret Easton Ellis podcast
The Skeleton Crew
Banalaser (now defunct, but their backlog is still available)
Shockwaves (formerly Killer POV)

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Giant Bombcast
Giant Beastcast
New Generation Project
How Did This Get Made?
Spontaneanation w/Paul F Tompkins
Retronauts
We Hate Movies
Hardcore History
Stuff You Missed in History Class

Bored

Boreding Hard
Reaction score
Comedy Bang! Bang!
Who Charted?
Spontaneanation
How Did This Get Made?
Chapo Trap House
Shutdown Fullcast

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We Hate Movies
Faculty Of Horror
Saved By The Bell Reviewed/A Very Special Episode (They finished SBTB and now are doing random sitcom special episodes)
A Bunch of wrestling like Bruce Prichard's podcast, Between The Sheets, Where The Big Boys Play, etc

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I started watching The Sopranos again this week and wanted to see if there were any podcasts about it. There's only really one (No Fuckin' Ziti) but the first episode was pretty decent.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Ignoring non-English:

Adam Ruins Everything
Michael & Us - Started as a nostalgic trip through the work of Michael Moore. Now that they've finished that, they review other political movies (such as Birth of Nation, Religulous, Triumph of Will)
The Important Cinema Club
Chapo Trap House
How Did This Get Made?
The Scar and Toph Show (Smash Bros podcast)
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
My History Can Beat Up Your Politics
Stuff You Should Know (actually stopped listening to this much the past few months. I still download it, but never get around to it each week before new stuff comes out.)
Cracked podcast (same as the previous one)
Freakonomics

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I started listening to Dead Pilots Society, which is basically just like the Black List but solely focused on comedy pilots.