• Big Show

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Kane

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's more likely that Hogan earned both the trucks as a performance bonus which makes it exceedingly more likely that Linda gave it to some hunky twenty-two year old.

Staff member
Reaction score
Bump 8 months later now that Kane is getting another main event push.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Also bumpworthy because Big Show had a legit MOTN candidate last night.

#TeamBigShow

He really did, and it wasn't like he was carried by a fantastic worker like a Daniel Bryan either. He's still better than Kane.

Just Call Me Dan

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't debate who's smarter for doing it, but one of the reasons you have to go with Show is that he will give it all he has and sacrifice his body to work a match. Kane is unwatchably safe.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Kahran Ramsus said:
King Kamala said:

#TeamBigShow

He really did, and it wasn't like he was carried by a fantastic worker like a Daniel Bryan either. He's still better than Kane.

Reigns is the greatest big match guy the WWE has seen. Evey singles match at a PPV he has had so far has hit **** it seems. This is a stronger start of a career than any top worker in the PPV era. Show was completely carried.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KOAB said:
Kahran Ramsus said:
King Kamala said:

#TeamBigShow

Reigns is the greatest big match guy the WWE has seen. Evey singles match at a PPV he has had so far has hit **** it seems. This is a stronger start of a career than any top worker in the PPV era. Show was completely carried.

I'm sorry to ask this, but are you serious? Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the Internet sometimes.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Have you not checked the star ratings for The Roman Empire's singles matches at a PPV? The kid is a stud and not even Bret, HBK, Angle, Austin, Hogan, Savage, Steamboat, etc. have stated their singles career with such excellency.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KOAB said:
Have you not checked the star ratings for The Roman Empire's singles matches at a PPV? The kid is a stud and not even Bret, HBK, Angle, Austin, Hogan, Savage, Steamboat, etc. have stated their singles career with such excellency.

Okay. Thanks, that answers my question.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can't tell if it's hyperbole or irony with KOAB.

While Reigns certainly hasn't actually hit 4 stars+ every time out on ppv, he has shown himself to be an excellent hand in the ring. Last Sunday vs the Big Show was not a 4 star match but it was very good & the MOTN. His previous 2 ppv matches did hit **** and were against 2 vastly different opponents in Bryan and Brock. Reigns can definitely work. Between that, his look, and more than a little charisma, he can be a huge star for many years to come. Hopefully Vince McMahon & the writers dont ruin him.

After 2 straight ppv matches playing an oversized David they will have to write to Reigns' look soon and have him look dominant against a top opponent or 2.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually do think he is a good worker, even if I was really bored by the Orton match and think the Bryan match was overrated. My concerns with Reigns are more on the character/promo end than the in-ring end.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Absolutely. And that will be up to the McMahons/writers. It's so similar to Diesel's main event run in 1995. Nash could work great matches (and not just with his Kliq buddies as his best matches were with Bret Hart). His cool, quiet, bad ass character was great. Turning him into a generic happy babyface who had shitty matches with Sid and Mabel before pulling out a win at the end was a historic disaster for the WWE.

Book him well, let him continue to work good matches, & they'll have a main event star for the next decade.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He really is a lot like Diesel, in that like Diesel he had a great thing going with the Shield and then when it came time for his main event push they changed everything about him that made him cool in the first place. Although given the number of times he's choked in title matches, he's got a little of Luger in him as well. Like you said, Diesel had several good/great matches from 1994-1996.

The good news for Reigns, is that they salvaged Diesel. After the loss to Hart at Survivor Series, he went back to the cool badass again and he 'magically' became popular again. Basically Diesel's entire WWF run from Royal Rumble 1994 on to the Curtain Call was awesome, except for the time he was actually champion and Vince wanted him to be the face of the company.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Luger comparison is good too. Like Reigns, Luger had a fantastic look, top of the card charisma, and could have great matches with lots of different guys. Lex Luger 1988-early 1991 really is a great run for anybody, and one of the all time best for any of the big bodybuilder types. Awesome matches with more than just Flair (just as Reigns is working fun matches with more than Daniel Bryan): Stan Hansen, Barry Windham, Dan Spivey, Steamboat, WCW rookie Brian Pillman, tag matches, etc. But the WCW writers, being WCW writers (and later Vince being Vince), made him look like a choker and an idiot.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Big Show is friends with Lenny Kravitz, Laurence Fishburne and AROD. Who the fuck you think Mayor Glenn hangs out with at the Knoxville Steak n Shake?

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Show & Kane have had more face and heel turns than anyone else in WWE history, I dunno who to pick. But, both were pretty watchable during the Attitude Era.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Horror movie original Kane was fine. When the voicebox went so did my interest.

Fat busted-ass Show had better singles matches in 2006 than Kane did between 2003 and 2013. For real.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll take mid '00s Show and mayyybe early 2010s Show over rookie Show but it's still probably the best pure rookie year anyway had besides Angle. At least in a major promotion.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Giant is one of the most scary athletic monsters to ever come along, if not the best. Raw as fuck but SCARY athletic and by the time he jumped was easily one of the best big men to stay full time in the US. He was still frightening in 1999, although the booking away everything that worked best. That weightloss trip at the end of the year totally changed him somehow and he was Big Show, scary midcarder who was on a decline.

Basically I'll defend the rookie Giant much, much more than the Big Show.

Valeyard

Reaction score
If he'd fallen in with the Clique instead of Hogan, he'd have lived up to much more of his potential and probably be dead now.