Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bill Cosby raped at least 15 women

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm hoping it's news that he got shanked.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Today in my Timehop was a very old post I made admiring Bill Cosby. Deleted the hell outta that.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The post-death articles about wrestling with his complicated legacy will all be real bad

I got a complicated legacy you can wrestle with *grabs junk*

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Harley Quinn 7:38 PM: here but not here watching cosby show
:eek:

I know a few other people who have slowly returned to watching The Cosby Show reruns. You can make an argument that it can still be enjoyed cause of the great writing and supporting cast. You'd be wrong but it's an argument. I haven't seen too many non-dunderheads defend his stand up though.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I get all the good parts of the show and far more in A Different World. First season even has adorable young Marisa Tomei.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cosby Show is good but not nearly good enough to justify me watching it knowing what I know.

Like I wouldn't watch classic The Simpsons episodes if I knew Matt Groening was hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein.

Wait. What now?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As a kid it was kinda startling when A Different World completely shifted to focus on Jasmine Guy and Kadeem Hardison. I guess they had to but it sorta killed the tone of the show for me

Oh shit, ADW lasted until 93! No way I would have ever guessed that

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It holds up well enough, too. Cree Summer was so adorable.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, ADW was legit. It even has Bruce Leroy playing a date rapist. Also, early Sinbad.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
The first season of A Different World, the one with Marisa Tomei and Lisa Bonet, was pretty mediocre. That was when it was the most Cosby-ish. After Debbie Allen took over and started tackling the issues that were relevant to black students at the time was when it became the real-ass show that we know it as.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Definitely the show got better with Debbie Allen in control with the social issues but like I mentioned them turning Whitley "babyface" sort of took me out of the show a little. IIRC in the early seasons she's a pretty terrible person and now we are supposed to like her. Eh, I was a kid.

Last edited:

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cosby got an EP credit on A Different World for the entirety of its run, right? I'm sure that was just a contractual obligation; Cosby was a reactionary crank and I can't imagine the Debbie Allen era of the show aligned too closely with his own politics. He couldn't have been that hands-on with it for most of ADW's lifespan.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Rashad should know better. But she had a positive working relationship with Cosby for how many years? Abusers can be so good at hiding their personas. She's not impartial and I don't think people can expect that from her.

I do think the PA Supreme Court was correct in their decision on legal grounds. But Cosby should be a pariah for the rest of his days.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For all the jokes about Cosby returning to stand up to headline Skankfest or what not, I'm hoping he has some semblance of self awareness and just spends the rest of his life in seclusion. If he thought his 2014-15 tour was rough, I can't imagine how hostile his comeback tour would be.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From a purely legal-technical standpoint I am fine with this because people's 5th amendment rights deserve to be protected but what annoys me is Cosby was able to get out because he had the financial ability to hire lawyers who knew to look for this shit. A poor person relying on a public defender would likely still be rotting in prison. And this doesn't mean laws should be harsher for rich people, it means it should be *better* for poor people.