Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bill Cosby raped at least 15 women

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Not too surprised about this, but the facts that the police have gotten for some people, are opening up civil suits.

So I'd probably guess Crosby will be claiming "bankruptcy" next.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
BING CROSBY WILL NOT FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
He'll do something to save his millions though. I'm sure.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Add R. Kelly to list of celebrities defending Cosby that Cosby probably wouldn't want defending him.

http://www.gq.com/story/r-kelly-confessions

And so an attempt to tie up one mystifying loose end only introduces another, even more baiting one: Bill Cosby? R. Kelly, with all of the baggage that comes with being R. Kelly, chooses to introduce into the conversation—as a symbol of a great father figure—Bill Cosby?

Naturally, I ask his perspective on what has been happening with Cosby. Though Kelly begins carefully, his deeper and truer feelings quickly seem to take over, and what he is saying is clearly just as much about himself.
“Well, my opinion on that is, I don't know what happened. I'm a fan of Bill Cosby's from the Bill Cosby show, of course—who's not?—and for me to give my opinion on something that I have no idea if it's true or not, all I can say is that it was a long time ago. And when I look on TV and I see the 70-, 80-, 90-year-old ladies talking about what happened when they were 17, 18, or 19, there's something strange about it. That's my opinion. It's just strange.”

Although if—
“[interrupts] It's strange. Strange is strange. I can't explain strange. That's why strange is strange. Because it's something we can't explain.”

But don't you think that if they're telling the truth, it doesn't matter how long ago it was?
“If God showed me that they were telling the truth, I would say that's wrong. I don't care if it was a zillion years ago. But God would have to do that, because God is the only one can show me that. No man can tell me that. No woman can tell me that. And when you wait 70 years, 50 years, 40 years, to say something that simple, it's strange. You know why I say that is because it happened to me, and it wasn't true.”

This whole article is great btw at illustrating what a batshit insane, sack of shit R. Kelly is.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
When it Reines said:
"Bill Crosby"

image_zps9900jyyd.jpeg

Anyone else wanna fuck with Ghost Dad!?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/05/16/bill-cosby-will-not-testify-at-his-sexual-assault-trial/101743458/

ill Cosby's cautious effort at image rehab in advance of his trial on sexual-assault charges took another step Tuesday in a Sirius radio interview in which he implied racism and revenge might be behind the dozens of rape accusations made against him over more than two years.

In a 30-minute phone interview on The Michael Smerconish Program that aired on SiriusXM, Cosby answered one question with a direct answer: Will he testify in his defense at his trial?

"No," Cosby replies.

Cosby said his decision was intended to make his attorneys' jobs easier: "I just don’t want to sit there and have to figure out what I believe is a truthful answer as to whether or not I’m opening a can of something that my lawyers are scrambling," he explained.

(He also implies racism and some lying women as part of what is to blame for his arrest.)

Then:

Last month, Cosby told the National Newspaper Publishers Association news service in an email interview that he hopes to resume his entertainment career after the trial.

"I think about walking out on stage somewhere in the United States of America and sitting down in a chair and giving the performance that will be the beginning of the next chapter of my career," Cosby said i

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
"I think about walking out on stage somewhere in the United States of America and sitting down in a chair and giving the performance that will be the beginning of the next chapter of my career," Cosby said

electric-chair.jpg

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Incandenza said:
Isn't he blind now?

That's the story he's telling. Talking about about walking into things and getting bumps on his head as proof of his blindness.

Yeah. He can die slowly for all I care.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a weird, bad gut feeling about this trial.

But regardless of result, Cosby is going to be dead in a few years.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/bill-cosbys-trial-begins-with-the-world-barging-in

Good article with some details on testimony and other aspects of the trial.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
You know... I didn't realize he was the type to leave clues about his evil nature in his work but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBDRwiSZSBg

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Prrettyy said:
What about the case made you think it would lead to an acquittal?
Apparently some people on the jury think there should have been an acquittal because they couldn't come to a unanimous vote.

I didn't see any of the trial so no clue what evidence may or may not have persuaded someone in either direction, but the fact it took nearly a week and still no official verdict makes me think attorneys on both sides dropped the ball.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Prrettyy said:
What about the case made you think it would lead to an acquittal?

I've simply reached the point of cynicism where I never expect a man to ever be found guilty of rape, regardless of how much evidence is against him, especially when that man is rich. Same as how I never expect a cop to be convicted of killing a black man, even when there is video evidence.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not surprised by this, and that he was technically not acquitted is some cold comfort.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/335581/bill-corby-town-halls-sexual-assault-tour/

After narrowly avoiding a sexual assault conviction thanks to two jury holdouts, Bill Cosby is taking up a new venture. According to Cosby reps Andrew Wyatt and Ebonee Benson, the 79-year-old wants to travel the country educating the youths on how to avoid getting accused of rape.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/23/bill-cosby-andrea-constand-juror-midriff/

The male juror -- who spoke with Philadelphia Inquirer -- said Constand should have been "dressed properly" when she went to Cosby's home. Constand apparently was wearing a top with the midriff exposed.

The juror felt Constand was interested in a romantic relationship, in part because she brought a gift -- incense. The juror felt she should have "left the incense in the store" if this was just a friendship.

the_office_dwight_schrute_rainn_wilson_3000x2000_wallpaper_art.jpg

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder how many women he's sexually assaulted. I guess he wouldn't know though because he wouldn't have thought he did anything wrong.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I think he knows the drugging and raping is wrong. This isn't the 'brush on the shoulder' the reps reference in the Bill Corby link. A few of the women have stated that he would react in ways that showed he knew what he was doing, that he was getting away with it, and that there was nothing they could do about it.