Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bitch about something: Tech edition!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Wait, there's a picture of your grandmother with HULK HOGAN? And you're COMPLAINING?!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Updated the OS on my mac (I'd been putting it off due to it being an older system and having a few minor issues) and now all of my Office programs are useless, obsolete. With the new OS if I want to use Excel/Word/Power Point I have to buy one of the newer versions, either the one time $149.99 for one device or the annual subscription version. I understand that Office 2011 is an older edition, but it still worked for what I needed.

I'm giving the apple equivalent programs a spin for a few weeks before I make a decision.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flash still being a thing (thankfully not for much longer). The major cable companies here still use it for their apps/streaming and it's a pain in the ass.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wifi has been dropping about once an hour for two weeks now. I have unlimited hot spot on my phone so we've been bridging the gap with that signal. Comcast tech came out within 48 hours, said the modem was fine, went up on the pole outside and said a thing was burnt, changed it.

10 minutes after he left, it dropped again. I immediately initiated chatbot and the next day I received a call from a tech on his cell. Well he tells me, "we put a monitor on your modem and we'll be pulling the data, I'll get back with you." I didn't hear from him for a few days, called him, "I'm on a service call right now, I'll call you back." I gave him a few days, we're still in hurricane recovery mode, and all of utilities is swamped with storm repairs and normal repairs that pop up. I was able to arrange a visit from the supervisor this afternoon. He walks in and doesn't go past my foyer like area (it's a small apartment, my foyer is the first 4 tiles). He whips out his phone and shows me a bar graph with a bunch of red. "Sir, this is your internet signal. The red is when your signal drops. There are 1200 of these. Your internet has dropped 1200 times since we put your modem on test." I said, "two weeks ago?" He said, "yes, whatever day my guy came out here." I asked for the next step, he said he has to send out a specific crew for this matter and that as a supervisor he can't go up there on the pole. He already tried getting them here before getting out of his truck, but he was unable, but they'll attack it tomorrow.

Super cool guy. I felt bad for early in my interaction mentioning I can use my phone as a wifi hotspot just fine (I named drop the company, not Comcast) so I don't necessarily have to be married to their service if this next repair doesn't work. We'll see.