Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Blackberry & iphone

tonyjaymz03

Kinsey
Reaction score
Just got a Blackberry Curve, and messing around looking for good apps for it. I'm downloading the Google Mobile APp right now, and just got the Viigo app, which is great. Does anyone know of a good Twitter app?

I figured this would be a catch all thread for mobile apps/discussion

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Google Mobile, do you mean for Gmail? If so, it's a great choice. I use that probably the most out of anything on my Curve. As for Twitter, don't they have their own app you can get from their site?

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I don't use twitter but I read gizmodo and I've notice that there are probably 50 different twitter apps.

For iPhone users: Field Runners is a totally fun game and great time waster.

I also use Weightbot and iFitness just about daily.

And shazaam is a must download just for how cool it is.

J

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's an app for the Storm (which I use) called UberTwitter, and I hear that's pretty good. I don't use Twitter, so I don't know how good it actually is. It might have a Curve component.

Check http://www.crackberry.com/ for all your BlackBerry needs, though.

Also, agreed with Mik about Shazam.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
We JUST this week FINALLY got 3g up here in Anchorage. Mobile surfing not taking years is nice, as is being able to actually stream audio and youtube stuff. My question: does anybody know of an app or other method of watching justin.tv streams on windows mobile devices? Trying to search for this online is a pain in the ass because you get 10,000 results about how to use your mobile to make a justin tv feed, not watch one.

And for that matter now that I actually have speed on my mobile what are some good audio or video streaming sites? Mobile TV sounds cool but not for $10 a month.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Where's Agent at? He had one of my favorite quotes of all time in a phone thread at the other board:

"Who talks on phones all the time?! I see people talking on the phones, ALL THE TIME!!!" or something to that effect.

AntiLeaf33

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you were trying to get your gmail into your BlackBerry Curve, you can just integrate the gmail account into your BlackBerry Internet Service account, and receive your gmail the same way you would receive a text message.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Hey, how underwhelming was WWDC today? I have absolutely no reason to upgrade my first gen iPhone to the new 3GS.