Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boardloaf, The Real TSM Style.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I haven't eaten at Subway since I switched my diet to mostly vegetarian and cut out bread for the most part. There's one directly across from my apartment that I used to frequent a lot. Never had their "tuna fish".

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Coworker cooked us smothered duck over rice. She's leaving next week for a new opportunity, so this was basically the "Goodbye" meal. It was damn good.

I haven't eaten at Subway since I switched my diet to mostly vegetarian and cut out bread for the most part. There's one directly across from my apartment that I used to frequent a lot. Never had their "tuna fish".
My manager in my mall job once sent me to get her a 12 inch tuna with every topping. All of them. That poor sandwich artist had to fit in every veggie then squirt all the sauces, and this was when they were doing the old bread cut. She acted like it was the greatest food she ever ate.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a 99.9999999999998% chance this lawsuit is complete BS just like the "Taco Bell doesn't use ground beef!" lawsuit that was thrown out 5-10 years ago. At least that's what I tell myself since I ALWAYS order the tuna on the rare occasions that I go to Subway. It's GOOD but if I went in there and saw that it was near the bottom of the container, I would probably switch my order to an Italian BMT...

If nothing else, it did get us this sweet early '00s callback. cc @Baby Shoes (I'm tagging you in any post I make about the early-mid '00s)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
afaik, vegetables aren't allowed in Dunks.

(even during the ill fated period where they were pushing lunch hard 5-10 years ago, I don't remember any of the sandwiches coming with lettuce or tomato slices. NEW ENGLAND MAN HAS NO TIME FOR VEGETABLES!)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
McSalad Shakers I feel like weren't around that long but they were around when Super Size Me was made so we got some shots of that gross expanding ginger creep shoving them in his gob*

Wonder if she has an OnlyFans now

*I realize I'm throwing a big meatball right over the plate by talking about gross fat gingers shoving weird foods in their mouth.

Fake edit- McSalad Shakers were around from 2000 to 2008! Insane considering I feel like nobody ate them after Super Size Me!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't know there was an actual Annie. And not only is she responsible for the organic food brand, she was also the one responsible for SmartFood Popcorn. Give her a damn medal, Biden!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Fun fact: I've never tried the McRib. It wasn't available in my area once I became a regular McD's customer and all the times they brought it back, I never got around to ordering it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
There was a great sale on cherries at the Asian supermarket, so I got a bunch of cherries, and blended some with some yogurt. I ended up with a yogurt smoothie which, while tasty, wasn't quite what I was going for.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Due to losing everything in my fridge and freezer, I swallowed my pride and accepted an invite to a disaster food bank situation. All donated non-perishable food from every grocery chain you could imagine, including ones without locations here. Some pretty unusual things for our area but the options are nearly endless. I got some chickpeas/garbanzo beans in Kroger, Heb, and two labels I don't recognize, going to make a bomb hummus with that.

Anyway, I was drawn to this non-perishable chili in a pouch. A whole case of it untouched. Ingredients include real beef chunks, so I figured why not try it. I already had a can of Hormel chili, but no one was grabbing this stuff, if I wind up liking it, maybe i can come back for the rest if no one else wants it. Last night I heated it up in a frying pan, got a good bubbling rhythm going on. I realized I didn't have any fritos nor hot dogs. So I dug around and found a sealed bag of Tostitos chips. Figured I'd just make stadium nachos, sans cheese.

It wasn't awful, but someone else can accept the rest of those pouches. I'll never purposely eat it again. But the worst was when I woke up this morning and it had reached the end of my digestive track. Dear lord, shock and awe all over again.