Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boxing Mock Draft

Staff member
Reaction score
Did we get Super Middleweight results or am I just missing them?

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHTS
1 Roy Jones vs. 8 Sven Ottke
4 Nigel Benn vs. 5 Steve Collins
3 Mikkel Kessler vs. 6 Chris Eubank
2 Joe Calzaghe vs. 7 Michael Nunn

Roy Jones. Enough said.

Roy Jones Wu 12 Sven Ottke

119-109, 118-110 and 115-113. Larry Doggett scored five rounds for Ottke. Really Larry?

Nigel Benn TKO 5 Steve Collins

Stopped due to a cut in round five. Collins led 40-37 and 39-37 on two cards, one tied 38-38. Collins outpunched Benn 135-85.

Chris Eubank Wu 12 Mikkel Kessler

114-113, 116-111 and 116-111. Eubank outpunched Kessler 382 to 235. Solid showing for the Brit.

Michael Nunn Wu 12 Joe Calzaghe

116-113, 115-114 and 116-112. Certainly a surprising result, as Calzaghe is undefeated in professional boxing. Nunn was a good super middleweight but with two losses in that class, not exactly a legend. As far as the details, Nunn landed 100 more punches, neither fighter suffered a knockdown or cut. Nunn won the last two rounds on all three scorecards.

Roy Jones TKO 1 Nigel Benn

Utter destruction as Jones landed 51 punches in the first round, prompting the referee to call a halt to the proceedings.

Chris Eubank Tech. Win 6 Michael Nunn

The fight stopped due to an accidental headbutt, meaning the bout went to the scorecards. 50-45 Eubank, 48-47 Eubank and 49-47 Nunn.

That leaves the finals as Chris Eubank (909) against Roy Jones (alkeiper).

alkeiper

Reaction score
HEAVYWEIGHTS
1 Muhammad Ali vs. 8 Jack Johnson
4 Jack Dempsey vs. 5 Joe Frazier
3 Rocky Marciano vs. 6 Larry Holmes
2 Joe Louis vs. 7 Lennox Lewis

Larry Holmes got into a public feud with Rocky Marciano's descendents when Holmes' record stood at 48-0. Can Holmes or any other boxer end Marciano's winning streak? Can Ali's hand speed defeat the greatest defensive heavyweight in history? And will we get Ali-Frazier IV?

Muhammad Ali KO 2 Jack Johnson

So much for defense. Johnson won the first round but tasted the canvas in round two for the count.

Jack Dempsey TKO 3 Joe Frazier

A controversial stoppage perhaps by referee Lou Moret. Frazier led 20-19, 20-19 and 19-19 on the scorecards. Dempsey landed two shots to one on Frazier however, particularly crushing in the third.

Rocky Marciano TKO 10 Larry Holmes

Knockdowns for Marciano in the third, fourth and two in the tenth. Marciano controlled the early rounds, Holmes came back and won three of four rounds 6-9. Marciano put on the pressure in round ten and picked up the TKO.

Joe Louis TKO 9 Lennox Lewis

Louis knocked down Lewis in round one, twice in round six, and once in round nine. Lewis knocked down Louis in round two. Joe Louis led 78-71 on all three cards.

Jack Dempsey TKO 5 Muhammad Ali

Ali knocked down Dempsey in round two. Dempsey won every other round however, knocked down Ali in the fifth round and finished him off.

Joe Louis TKO 3 Rocky Marciano

Quick stoppage in my opinion. Louis landed 95 punches compared to 57 for Marciano.

It is Joe Louis (KOAB) against Jack Dempsey (NoCalMike) in the heavyweight finals!

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
This time, Joe ain't over the hill...

That might of been the most disappointing tourney to read so far... I guess I just really wanted Ali/Lewis and that would be my first request once the tourneys are over.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looks like I drafted a turd. At least the great Ezzard Charles made the finals. Good for him!

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Is this simulator something I can buy for a computer? I'd like to try some of these on my own for the hell of it.

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kinda why I wanted to be a Round Robin, incase fluke victories happend. Hard to imagine Marciano beating Holmes.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Or Ali losing to anybody in the tourney. Well sure, if his Parkinson's had kicked in at that point.

I think I can personally declare this a failure.

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Next USC #55 said:
Or Ali losing to anybody in the tourney. Well sure, if his Parkinson's had kicked in at that point.

I think I can personally declare this a failure.

Holmes or Louis match up good with Ali.

Ali had flaws, someone as skilled as Larry Holmes could've exposed it.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Perhaps you're right. But I wouldn't expect Jack Dempsey to be the one to take him out.

But it was fun while it lasted. Go Charley Burley, my only finalist, I guess.

alkeiper

Reaction score
Let me make it clear that I vehemently disagree with Dempsey beating Ali. I don't think Dempsey would have much of a chance, though if Frazier could get to Ali it is certainly possible Dempsey would as well. But I'm abiding by the results here, if I picked and chose which results I liked it would turn into a huge mess.

alkeiper

Reaction score
Here are the finals, btw.

FLYWEIGHTS
Jimmy Wilde (Gert) vs. Chartchai Chionoi (JHawk)

BANTAMWEIGHTS
Eder Jofre (Lei Tong) vs. Ruben Olivares (NoCalMike)

FEATHERWEIGHTS
Henry Armstrong (EHME) vs. Willie Pep (NoCalMike)

SUPER FEATHERWEIGHTS
Azumah Nelson (EHME) vs. Juan Manuel Marquez (Gert)

LIGHTWEIGHTS
Benny Leonard (Gert) vs. Joe Gans (KOAB)

WELTERWEIGHTS
Sugar Ray Leonard (NoCalMike) vs. Sugar Ray Robinson (alkeiper)

SUPER WELTERWEIGHTS
Thomas Hearns (Gert) vs. Julian Jackson (Lei Tong)

MIDDLEWEIGHTS
Marvelous Marvin Hagler (909) vs. Charley Burley (Porter)

SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHTs
Chris Eubank (909) vs. Roy Jones (alkeiper)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS
Ezzard Charles (snuffbox) vs. Sam Langford (alkeiper)

HEAVYWEIGHTS
Joe Louis (KOAB) vs. Jack Dempsey (NoCalMike)

First five will be posted tomorrow (Madison Square Garden), final six on Thursday (from Yankee Stadium).

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sucks 909 and my only remaining boxers have to face off against each other. It'd be nice to have each guy have a winning boxer.

alkeiper

Reaction score
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
Jimmy Wilde TKO 1 Chartchai Chionoi
Referee: Paul Thomas
No knockdowns, Wilde landed 48 punches compared to 20 for Chionoi in the first round.

Eder Jofre TKO 8 Ruben Olivares
Referee: Dick Young
Olivares knocked down Jofre in round three. Jofre scored knockdowns in rounds seven and eight. Jofre outpunched Olivares nearly two to one in the bout. All three judges had the bout scored 78-74 at the time of the stoppage.

Henry Armstrong TKO 12 Willie Pep
Referee: Mills Lane
Willie Pep actually led 104-103 on two cards, and 105-102 on a third. Armstrong knocked down Pep though in the third, tenth and twelveth rounds.

Azumah Nelson Wu 15 Juan Manuel Marquez
Referee: Fred Steinwinder
146-137, 145-138 and 146-137. Nelson scored knockdowns in the eighth and twelveth rounds. Dominant performance from Nelson who won virtually every round from the seventh onwards.

Benny Leonard Wu 15 Joe Gans
Referee: Chuck Hassett
147-137, 146-138 and 147-137. Leonard scored a knockdown in the 15th round. Relatively easy win for Leonard, as he won twelve of the 15 rounds.

alkeiper

Reaction score
YANKEE STADIUM
Sugar Ray Robinson Wu 15 Sugar Ray Leonard
Referee: Raul Caiz
147-133, 147-133 and 146-135. Another one sided bout, Robinson knocked down Leonard in the second, sixth, and twice in the 14th. Leonard won the first and third rounds, but lost 11 of the final twelve rounds.

Julian Jackson KO 5 Thomas Hearns
Referee: Jerry McKenzie
Hearns led 39-37 on all three cards. Jackson had won the second round, Hearns the other three. Jackson got to Hearns in the fifth however, knocking him down once for the count.

Charley Burley Wm 15 Marvin Hagler
Referee: Rafael Ramos
Two judges scored 144-140 for Burley, one had it a 142-142 draw. Hagler knocked down Burley in the eighth round. Burley won started fast, Hagler took over the middle rounds but Burley came back to win the last three rounds on all three scorecards. Burley never received a world title shot but now he wins the ultimate middleweight championship.

Roy Jones Wu 15 Chris Eubank
Referee: Robert Byrd
148-136, 150-134 and 147-136. Jones scored knockdowns in the eleventh and fifteenth rounds. Give Eubank credit for lastin the distance, honestly. When one judge scores a shutout and it's not controversial, that's a mismatch.

Ezzard Charles TKO 10 Sam Langford
Referee: Larry Rodazilla
No knockdowns. Charles led on all three scorecards at the time of the stoppage, and battered Langford in the tenth until the referee stepped in. Solid victory for Charles.

Jack Dempsey Ds 15 Joe Louis
Referee: Chuck Hassett
139-138 Dempsey, 140-138 Louis and a 139-139 draw. Dempsey knocked down Louis in the third, twice in the fourth and twice in the twelveth. Louis knocked down Dempsey in the fifth and seventh rounds. Dempsey won the fifteenth round to force the draw. Punch stats saw Louis land 357 punches compared to 342 for Dempsey.

Since this is a final and not for a championship belt, I'm going ahead and crowning co-champions. Jack Dempsey and Joe Louis!

alkeiper

Reaction score
Now, I do have a bit of a surprise. My sim provides a method to put fighters on an even field, regardless of weight class. So a flyweight can fight a heavyweight without the size difference being an issue. So the winners (and four wild cards) will compete in a P4P championship tournament. Here are the brackets.

Charley Burley (Porter)
Mickey Walker (Best undrafted fighter)

Benny Leonard (Gert)
Julian Jackson (Lei Tong)

Sugar Ray Robinson (alkeiper)
Roy Jones Jr. (alkeiper)

Henry Armstrong (EHME)
Marvin Hagler (909)

Jimmy Wilde (Gert)
Rocky Marciano (JHawk)

Ezzard Charles (snuffbox)
Joe Louis (KOAB)

Jack Dempsey (NoCalMike)
Eder Jofre (Lei Tong)

Azumah Nelson (EHME)
Pernell Whitaker (OriginalGoblin)

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Awesome.

I still want to know how to get my hands on this sim for my own personal amusement