Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boxing Thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Would love to see Davis get a marquee fight.

And will gladly pay for Lopez-Lomachenko 2 if/when it happens.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had Usyk 7-5. He just outworked Joshua. He caught a second wind in the last two rounds and really out an exclamation point on his performance in the 12th. Great fight

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I think if Wilder stuck to the initial bodywork strategy he would have won. When he kept headhunting Fury foresaw that and countered but in the first round he did a great job of keeping Fury off rhythm.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope Canelo takes the Bivol/Golovkin deal. The trilogy fight will be too late in another year (if it's not already).

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Big fight, another credible guy for Canelo to school.
Probably the most challenging fight for him at this point. I know he flirted with moving to cruiser, but I like this (or a prospective follow-up fight with Beterbiev) better. Would be fun to see him against Briedis at some point, but I'm not sure how or if that fits in the grand scheme of boxing politics.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Third fight with GGG should be next, not a rematch, imo. Rematching Bivol would be like Shane Mosely-Winky Wright.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
clearcut win for Haney, interested ot see him fight guys like Loma and Garcia but he may move up. But then again Tank and Garcia will probably move up too.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
116-112 on rewatch. I thought it was fairly close until about halfway through and Haney just pulled away.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I know it was a showcase fight, but nobody has beaten fortuna like that. Tank vs Garcia is the fight to make but at 140 is better for Garcia. I don’t think he can make 135 comfortably anymore.