Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Candy.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Vitamin X said:
There are only about two or three candies I do actually like.. I normally hate sweets (this includes almost all dessert items as well) but I absolutely love
CookieDoughBites-ChocChip.jpg

these guys as well as Crunch Bars (more specifically the little "mini cluster" things they sell at Blockbuster. Bites? Dibs?) as well as BUTTerfinger.

Oh, and I love sticking them in the freezer first then eating them later. Weird habit. And I drink a coke to go with them.

Ok, so these Cookie Dough Bite things just appeared in the vending machine recently. My pal Kent got a box of 'em at break and was munching away, looking at the packaging, and says "Hey, and they're even Eee-Gee-Gee free. I don't know what the fuck eee-gee-gee is, but ok."

I look him dead in the eye and say "It says 'egg' you dumb fuck."

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I prefer Mike and Ike. My girlfriend is all about Bunchacrunch. Shit is hard to find though.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish they still had Butterfinger BB's.

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtFEuEgwHuw[/flash]

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Cookies & Cream Hershey bars.
Paydays - Peanuts & Caramel, so simple yet the perfect match of salty & sweet

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone know what horehound candy is? It's only available in tourist towns where they make taffy. Seeing as how it's difficult to procure, my dad ordered TEN POUNDS of it.

BurningPirateShipSex

BurningPirateShipSex
Reaction score
Mattdotcom said:
Does anyone know what horehound candy is? It's only available in tourist towns where they make taffy. Seeing as how it's difficult to procure, my dad ordered TEN POUNDS of it.

What Is Horehound Candy?
By Kathryn Hatter, eHow Contributor

Horehound is a European herb or wildflower that is in the mint family of herbs. It grows abundantly in California and has also spread throughout the United States. Horehound candy is an old-fashioned hard candy that is made by mixing a horehound herb infusion with other ingredients.

Identification
Horehound candy is sugar coated and has a bittersweet taste. The candies are lozenge-sized and are typically placed in the mouth and sucked on to extract the taste. Horehound candies have traditionally been used as an appetite stimulant, to soothe dry, scratchy and sore throats and to relieve intestinal gas. Horehound candy has medicinal properties that have long been recognized and utilized by Europeans. The distinctive flavor of horehound candy is a popular treat for many people.
Research
The FDA has not confirmed their acceptance or belief in the medicinal qualities of horehound as it exists in horehound candy for use with sore throats. Research is being conducted in U.S., German and French laboratories to discover the medicinal uses and properties of the horehound herb, however. Preliminary results of some research indicates that the historic use of horehound to treat ailments has merit. The FDA has approved horehound as a food additive that is considered safe.
What It Does
White horehound acts as a digestive tonic and may stimulate the gall bladder. It is also a diuretic, may stimulate the appetite and may relieve gas. White horehound helps to loosen bronchial mucus and encourages the expulsion of phlegm. It can be an effective treatment for bronchitis, croup and whooping cough. Historically, white horehound was used to treat tuberculosis.
Purchasing
Horehound candy can be purchased in candy shops, historic museum gift shops, on the Internet and in specialty markets and shops. Horehound candy is considered a nostalgic candy by many due to its old-fashioned popularity. Horehound candy is also popular as a unique wedding reception favor. Horehound candy sticks are also available for purchase. These candy sticks vary in size, but are generally 5 inches long and are wrapped in clear, individual packages.
Warning
Pregnant and lactating women should not eat horehound candy. Infants and young children also should not eat horehound. Horehound should not be ingested by people with chronic illnesses such as ulcers, reflux or colitis. If horehound is ingested in large amounts it may cause stomach upset and heart rate irregularities. Ingesting horehound may interfere with iron absorption.

Read more: What Is Horehound Candy? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5042766_horehound-candy.html#ixzz1A6K8P5zZ

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't asking for a definition. If I want to read something copy and pasted from two seconds of Googling, I'll go to one of Brody's mystery threads.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yes. And I know what it is because my dad has TEN POUNDS of it. I'm just asking if anyone else is familiar with it.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Horehound kicks ass. They got it at K-Mart in those hokey plastic barrels with old-timey hard candy in white bags that have pictures of barrels on them.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Had to jog my memory on what circus peanuts looked like and this picture summed it up.

Circus-Peanuts.jpg

With that said, I recently discovered my love for two candies... The first I think I may've gotten in different packaging (Cow Tails related?). The second a friend of my Dad's would give us a box size of them and I could live off those things forever.

Goetze_Goetze_Caramel_Creams.jpg

chocolate-covered-gummy-bears.jpg

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
I've made myself sick on Peanut Butter M&M's a number of times. They're delicious.

2695025079_028bb3566d.jpg

I got sick off these in consecutive weekends in 2000, after eating a whole bag each time. I've had maybe five since (brownies, not bags). I would rather be hungover than sick from Two-Bite brownies, and it's not even close. Still, motherfuckers are delicious.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
CanadianGuitarist said:
tekcop said:
I've made myself sick on Peanut Butter M&M's a number of times. They're delicious.

I got sick off these in consecutive weekends in 2000, after eating a whole bag each time. I've had maybe five since (brownies, not bags). I would rather be hungover than sick from Two-Bite brownies, and it's not even close. Still, motherfuckers are delicious.

I'm glad I've never seen these as I'm sure I would of eaten 2-4 bags during some of my "altered state" of mind.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BAOK said:
CanadianGuitarist said:
tekcop said:

I'm glad I've never seen these as I'm sure I would of eaten 2-4 bags during some of my "altered state" of mind.

"Two-bite" is extremely debatable, as I'm sure I had at least half of them in one gulp. Surely, that had no bearing on my being sick.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have had many chocolate covered gummy bears, as they jive with my love of all things gummy. Though I believe the chocolate used on the ones I had was not that great. I would have rather had a hard exterior with a gummy center than the all over bounciness of what I tried.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I worked at a candy shop like 5 years ago. They had some weird shit. White chocolate covered gummi bears were pretty good though.