Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Celebrity Fighting

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess this is really a thing now.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I don’t mind if this is like a celeb feeder league, like how Jake had to beat up a non-fighter in Nate to get to Askren. If Lamar Odom ends up boxing Tim Sylvia, you better believe I’ll watch it.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Odom last attempted to resurrect his career in July 2019 with Ice Cube's Big3, but league principals deemed that he was not "up to it from a competitive standpoint."

If he can't even compete as a basketball player what makes people think he can compete as a boxer? I know it's Aaron Carter, but still. I'm with Al; this seems unethical.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
whatever Aaron Carter is
He was a methed out, face tatted camboy last I checked.

A worker I'm friends with on Facebook was posting a story about a "boxer" who they brought in for a guest shot in a battle royal that started throwing haymakers and got the shit beat out of him by a bunch of the wrestlers. I googled the boxer's name and it was a middle aged dude with cerebral palsy that debuted as a "celebrity boxer" at the age of 43. It's wild that people are able to make, at least a part time, living boxing Z grade celebrities.

And a middle aged disabled man trying to beat up indy rasslers and getting his asskicked was still probably less scuzzy than this Lamar Odom-Aaron Carter "fight" is going to be. Not even taking the heart attack & stroke into account, doesn't Odom have at least 1 foot and 100 pounds on Carter!?

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I don't wish to criticize someone for drug use. He certainly doesn't seem to warrant a favorable impression though.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Starks.jpg

Fair fight.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
People can Mock the guy all they want, but he had the guts to fight fucking Hong Man Choi. He’s pretty old now though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How did I not hear about Antonio Tarver boxing Frank Mir? I can't believe this is on the undercard of a stupid Paul Brothers fight. SMDH respect! Mason "The Line" Dixon Vs Frank Mir should be a damn main event.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way in Heck that you can convince me that that fight was on the up and up. When Ben Askren showed up at that weigh in looking like a drunk shirtless guy at a Dave Matthews Band concert, I thought "He's in 'pin me (or I guess punch me), pay me' mode"

Then again, it's probably more absurd to think these fights are completely legit. Fact that we're gonna get at least one or two more Paul Brothers boxing PPV main events is another sign that Gen Z is gonna fuck things up!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't seen any clips yet of the knockout because Triller is being dicks and/or Twitter is still being wonky. Ben Askren seemed like he was smiling and acting normally on that clip I saw of him walking back to his locker room. I guess he could have been loopy but I'm not going to take a break from looking at 25 year old WCW gifs to look it up.

I don't think the fight was fixed persay. I just think Askren knew best he could do was win a fight that everyone hated so he wisely didn't try and took an asskicking.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you didn't see the actual knockout but you are sure it wasn't on the up and up? Come on you're better than that. You can get knocked out and get back up after and seem like you're ok to other people. You can't fake the way he went down.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am not saying it was faked. I'm saying he took that much money to get his ass kicked by Logan Paul. And afaik, even if he did get ripped and actually tried, he still likely would have lost. And realistically, there'd be no money in a Paul-Askren II. Smart money was in just showing up and getting his ass beat. Are these theories purely the result of watching way way too much wrestling last two weeks? Yes.

Anyway, at this point, my contributions to this thread are undoubtedly the worst things I'll post this year. At least outside of the Horny Police thread so I will be taking no questions and will shut up until another retired NBA player does one of these fights.