Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chicken Wings

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finding out they're offering bone in is an absolute game changer. I was under impression they're doing boneless thighs only.

I love boneless thighs but it seems like an entirely different category and mouth feel than wings (even the boneless version) but the opportunity to get some bone-ins with traditional wing sauces? Hell yes.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ordered some "Wing Stop" thighs after the above article was posted. Pretty good. I selected for my boneless thighs the "lemon pepper" and "original hot" sauces that I was already familiar with. The texture was definitely different than the usual wing meat but it was still tasty.

I also ordered two extra bone-in thighs with their Mango Habanero sauce. I've never had the "Wing Stop" version of this sauce (and the BWW version I only tried on a tortilla chip because that's how they offer samples) and I have to say, it was really good. It wasn't obnoxious over the top full on burn like some sauces can be. There's an actual balance of sweet flavor for a bit before the habanero aspects announce their arrival. Don't sleep on this sauce if you like sweet/spicy combinations. It's not a game changer but it's worth your time.

I've also had a local pizza place's sriracha honey glazed wings multiple times this month. Basically when I don't feel like cooking. It's a damn shame this venue only has two locations, I think this sauce would sell well in all markets.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Taco Bell chicken wings actually look good. Better than you'd expect from a fast food restaurant, like level of wings you'd get from a Chinese food takeout place at least. They're only available for a week so hopefully I can convince the gf to make the trip to TBell for dinner this week.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Ordered Papa John's for the first time in years, to have something to eat while watching the playoffs. Got a pizza with the works, and an 8pc order of Garlic Parmesan wings. The pizza's okay, but these wings are mid as fuck.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If damned Hooters wasn't a literal health risk to my digestive track, I'd eat there a lot. They have wings worth supporting in these types of discussions. Maybe not the best, but their sauces aren't replicated anywhere else. I find myself missing the Hooters sauces, but they're all milk based, which bones me. Digestive shit aside, wings have been my go to every week for my weight watchers cheat day, I just make my own or do heavy research on chain restaurant menus.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love Pizza Hut's buffalo hot boneless wings. I used to eat those when I was still living with my mother and taking care of her. They were so hot, I had to drink a lot of water to cool off my tongue.