Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Childhood favorites

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What are some movies you've liked since you were a kid? I always love a good watching of Bingo and Milo and Otis.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
MILO & OTIS is one of my all time favorite movies. I also enjoy PETE'S DRAGON and ROBIN HOOD (the Disney cartoon version). I also love HOWARD THE DUCK and MAC AND ME.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Canadian Destroyer213 said:
MILO & OTIS is one of my all time favorite movies. I also enjoy PETE'S DRAGON and ROBIN HOOD (the Disney cartoon version). I also love HOWARD THE DUCK and MAC AND ME.

Are you my twin?

I also forgot Pippi Longstocking. I now have her theme song stuck in my head.

How about Peanut Butter Solution?

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was about to call you guys a bunch of flaming queers, until I remembered the truly unfortunate number of movies I loved as a child which featured Steve Guttenberg.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Movies:

Lion King
Nightmare before christmas.
Harriet the Spy
Transformers 1986

TV shows:

Thundercats
Superted (UK peeps should know this if they are old enough)
MMPR
Transformers.

ChrisMWaters

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones"

I remember renting that movie repeatedly when I was a kid.

That and the first TMNT movie (which I had). At one time in my childhood, I could recite every line to that movie.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I forgot The Worst Witch and Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day (or whatever it was called). They both used to come on HBO several times a year, but I haven't seen them on in a long time. I watched some of The Worst Witch on Youtube not long ago with a friend and wow was that batshit insane. We did both agree that "Tim Curry's Psychedelic Cape" sounded like a good one-off band name though.

While on the subject of HBO's childrens programming...Encyclopedia was delightful. It was one of those rare "learning kids shows" that I actually LIKED and probably learned a thing or two from. Pretty unsettling to see the band from that show years later at an all-lesbian concert.

chuck415

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man so many great movies I watched over and over as a kid: Goonies, The Monster Squad, Ghostbusters, The Sandlot. An oddball one the I used to love is a movie called "Tough Guys" with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas anybody else seen this?

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I used to watch Space Camp every chance I got as a kid. I haven't seen it in 20 years, but I've heard its terrible.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH, based on the book of the same name was one I watched. Also, I know this is movies but for tv I watched GHOST WRITER and WISHBONE.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Sad but true I think TV dominated most of my time as a youth. I'm old enough that VCR's weren't common totally and I'm struggling to think what the hellI might of watched as a youth.

A steady diet of the Disney Afternoon and PBS Mr Rogers, Sesame Street, Storytime, etc.

And really Wrestling Wrestling Wrestling was my VCR diet, I'd tape Superstars and Rewatch it multiple times during the week, and watch my few Wrestling Videos (Old SNMEs, WM 5, Wrestle War 89, Hulkamania 2, Summerslam 88) A million times.

But movies??? hmmmm

TMNT 1-2 for sure.... Problem Child....A man Called Flintstone, and the Flintstone meet the Jetsons.... Jeez, I'm totaly blanking here. Somebody call my Momma!

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
Movies:

Rookie of the Year
Fern Gully
Aladdin
Ace Ventura (I don't know how my parents ever let me watch this)
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park
Mighty Ducks
Homeward Bound
Stand By Me.

TV Shows:

Sesame Street
Ninja Turtles
Spiderman
X-Men
Batman
Reboot

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BruiserBrody said:
Sad but true I think TV dominated most of my time as a youth. I'm old enough that VCR's weren't common totally and I'm struggling to think what the hellI might of watched as a youth.
Same here. We had neither cable television nor a VCR until I was twelve years old. I killed years of my life with Nintendo and books, but I watched a lot of tv too, and damned if I can remember now what all I did watch. Aside from the prerequisite cartoons, of course, but after they went off in the afternoon I have no memory whatsoever of what I watched at night.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
wnyxmcneal said:
It's the Jetsons meet the Flintstones. Come on!
Here's how I remember the real title:

TV Announcer: Coming up next, "The Flintstones Meet The Jetsons."
Bart: Uh oh. I smell another cheap cartoon crossover.
Homer: Bart Simpson, meet Jay Sherman, The Critic!

My JMF VHS tape had a really gnarly Fruity Pebbles commercial at the first.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
My favorites as a kid were The Karate Kid and Adventures in Babysitting...I only had like 10 movies when I was a kid. So I've seen those way too many times, as well as Short Circuit, Batteries Not Included, Batman, and Teen Wolf Too

Twisted Intestine

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Milo & Otis (Though I can't really watch it anymore, knowing how many animals they killed filming it.)
Robin Hood (Disney)
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (I never really got the hate for that movie. I still think it's pretty good.)
Lion King
Bio Dome
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journy

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good Burger
most Disney movies
Clueless
Toy Story