Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lays are doing a flavor swap of four old flavors vs four new ones.

https://www.flavorswap.com/

Out of the new ones I've only tried the Olive Oil & Herb kettel chips which are amazing. Fiery Roasted Habanero should be good and Smoked Gouda/Korean Barbecue could go either way.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eating some of the gouda & chives ones now and they're pretty much exactly the same as the Cheddar & Sour Cream ones they're facing off against. WTF Lay's!?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the Korean BBQ last night. Kinda bland, but with a weird charcoal grill aftertaste. Not a fan.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I tried Doritos BLAZE. A bit too hot to really enjoy eating in a handful like your typical Doritos, although the heat subsides in your mouth after a bit. Like, I would enjoy this heat more on a chicken wing than a chip. Guess I shoulda bought the MTN DEW ICE to properly cool off

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the new Cape Cod Wavy Jalapeno Ranch kettle chips moved to #1 on my chip power rankings.

A lot of people don't like the texture of wavy kettle chips but I find it endearingly annoying if that makes sense. It's a chip I have to work to chew. My dentist hates me!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
wendys-baconatorpringles-960x540.jpg

somehow I feel Kamala is responsible

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't look at me!
I think the new Cape Cod Wavy Jalapeno Ranch kettle chips moved to #1 on my chip power rankings.
This has been bumped off the top by Cape Cod Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno. Such an incredible chip. Really everything I want. Sweet, spice, good crunch.

There's a small Maine brand called Fox Farms that's probably my absolute favorite though. They taste like when you get homemade potato chips in a restaurant. Particularly love the salt & vinegar and sour cream & onion flavors but plain and salt & pepper are great too. Given how no one outside of Maine knows what the hell I am talking about when I bring them up, they're like the team that wrecks shit in a small conference. The late '90s/early '00s Gonzaga of chips.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
@King Kamala Why are you avoiding being responsible for the Baconator chips? And also why haven’t you started a chip draft???

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Random fact: I think I've eaten a Baconator a grand total of one time. When it initially came out in the mid-late'00s. Almost strictly a JBC guy. Would definitely try to those Pringles though.

I'm burned out on drafts right now but maybe in a month or two, I'll be ready to run a TRTSM Snack Draft.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know a lot of people who love chips that hate Pringles. That type of tourney could result in this iteration of the forum's first bans.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
As a kid I used to love Pringles. Then my family went through a long spell where that was the only kind of chips they bought. They were never the same to me after that.

For some reason at work I've become addicted to just plain, original Lay's chips. Just the right amount of saltiness, I think

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
If I wanted to buy chips that taste like Doritos then goddamnit I'LL JUST BUY DORITOS!

I think Cheetos in chip form might translate since it's a completely different texture but the other two...why?

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Mainers are cold yet strangely open like a bag of potato chips."

Well, he makes SOME good points...

I really hate his contention that Mainers are substantially weirder than people from New Hampshire or Vermonters. I'm going to kick this writer's ass next time I'm in Topsham!!!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Mainers are the weirdest bunch of New Englanders there are and you damn well know it. It's an entire state predicated on being "Cape Cod, but kinda poor."

YOUR ENTIRE STATE ECONOMY REQUIRES PEOPLE FROM RHODE ISLAND SPENDING MONEY AT PALACE PLAYLAND AND THEN EATING DELICIOUS CRINKLE CUT FRIES.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've conceded we're the weirdest! I just don't think we're far away and the weirdest! Every New England state is really weird!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The weirdness of Rhode Island is directly responsible for the Seth MacFarlane extended universe. HOW DARE YOU!?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
AND FAMILY GUY WAS A MAJOR SHOW FOR OVER A DECADE. MAINE GAVE US STEPHEN KING.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Store Brand thread cross post

Hannaford has a new buffalo wings & blue cheesre flavor that is best buffalo wing flavored potato chip I've ever had. Up there with the Snyder's of Hanover pretzel bites for best buffalo wing related snack period. It actually is a good simulacrum of wings dipped in blue cheese. Most other wing flavored stuff either tastes like hot sauce or hot sauce with chemical flavoring.