Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chris Rock Presents SAW - SPIRAL

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Chris Rock is helping relaunch / spin-off the SAW franchise

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chris-rock-lionsgate-relaunch-saw-franchise-1211093

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Re: Chris Rock Presents SAW

actually hearing the Adam Sandler babble as Jigsaw is on the tricycle would make me be there for the opening showing

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score

Hope this isn't a full reboot. Just add to the story already well established with the Jigsaw film, as that took things to a solid direction for another film.

What's interesting is that alot of the old crew that started the Saw franchise is a part of this as producers, etc. Makes me think they might try to push more towards a hybrid type of film that could be played as a kinda sort sequel but yet is treated more as a reimaging/reboot. Similar to Friday the 13th 2009

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

RedJed said:
Hope this isn't a full reboot. Just add to the story already well established with the Jigsaw film, as that took things to a solid direction for another film.

What's interesting is that alot of the old crew that started the Saw franchise is a part of this as producers, etc. Makes me think they might try to push more towards a hybrid type of film that could be played as a kinda sort sequel but yet is treated more as a reimaging/reboot. Similar to Friday the 13th 2009

It's supposed to be a sequel with Darren Lynn Bousman directing.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score

Big Beard Booty Daddy said:
RedJed said:

It's supposed to be a sequel with Darren Lynn Bousman directing.

Whew, I'm all in on this then! I like how Wan, Whannell and Bousman are returning. Makes me think there will be more protection from these guys to preserve the franchise's roots a bit, etc.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Samuel L. Jackson has been cast. I also didn’t realize Rock was going to be in this as well.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Now titled SPIRAL

https://youtu.be/rgNlWypWmtw

A sadistic mastermind unleashes a twisted form of justice in SPIRAL, the terrifying new chapter from the book of SAW. Working in the shadow of an esteemed police veteran (Samuel L. Jackson), brash Detective Ezekiel “Zeke” Banks (Chris Rock) and his rookie partner (Max Minghella) take charge of a grisly investigation into murders that are eerily reminiscent of the city’s gruesome past. Unwittingly entrapped in a deepening mystery, Zeke finds himself at the center of the killer’s morbid game.

spiral-poster.jpg

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I'm at least interested. I wonder if the events of Jigsaw, with
Logan being the new killer
, will play any role in this one?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Nymyzys said:

Feel like it’s best to just wipe Jigsaw (part 8.) out of the canon.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Nymyzys said:

Feel like it’s best to just wipe Jigsaw (part 8.) out of the canon.

I hope its kept in the overall story as I thought it was better than it had any right to be. But we will see. They almost have to consider it canon considering how it weaved into the story of the other Saw films too ultimately.

Consider me very all in after seeing the trailer. Well done

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Jigsaw was just a wet fart on the series. Which I think only has 3 decent movies in it (1, 4, and 6). The whole going back with “I was actually the first...” no you weren’t, shaddup. It was just trying to force its way into the timeline and I didn’t like it.

The trailer looks decent. I’m all for Rock and Jackson taking this one on. Hopefully they can find a way for a Tobin Bell cameo to make sense.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Haven't been this excited for a horror movie since Freddy Vs. Jason in 2003. Also, I love when traditionally comedic actors take on a serious role, even if it is a horror movie. Some of the clips in the trailers has me concerned Rock is dipping into over acting, but with the delay, I'm hoping any flaws the movie had, were cleaned up during down time.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Hopefully Rock gives the audience what they want and we get some form of Adam Sandler doing the Cajun Man voice during this