Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Classic Rock Songs that just fuckin' suck

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Incandenza said:
A lot of maddening selections ITT.

Brown Eyed Girl being the most maddening, but even hearing that song in my head puts a smile on my face, so I can't be mad

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Brown Eyed Girl" is George W. Bush's favorite song of all time. Besides if you actually read the post where I mentioned it, I called it average to slightly above average!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
CanadianGuitarist said:
Real edit: The city of Boston is home to my most-hated hockey team, my second-most hated baseball team, a top-five for my most-hated football team, and the most annoying dialect in the history of spoken language. Therefore, "More Than A Feeling" is way behind in the count through no direct fault of its own. Taking that out of the equation, THE SONG STILL FUCKING SUCKS!`
Go fahk yahself, khed

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Skywarp! said:
American Pie could be a good jumping point to another thread--songs where Weird Al's parody is preferred to the source material. I guess that's like 90% of them, though.

White and Nerdy immediately comes to mind.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
since this is now the random overplayed "classic" rock songs thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xr31XbSOU&feature=kp

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
whoaaa that song rules, I reminded you of it in chat initially after you forgot about it for awhile, don't forget

though you probably did forget

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CanadianGuitarist said:
Skywarp! said:
American Pie could be a good jumping point to another thread--songs where Weird Al's parody is preferred to the source material. I guess that's like 90% of them, though.

No Weird Al song is better than the source material. Unless he's done some Billy Joel parodies cause, man, awful.

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Edwin said:
CanadianGuitarist said:
Skywarp! said:

No Weird Al song is better than the source material. Unless he's done some Billy Joel parodies cause, man, awful.

I'd argue for "All About the Pentiums," at the very least.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Edwin said:
CanadianGuitarist said:
Skywarp! said:

You should have seen how butthurt they all got when I pointed this out in the official thread. I still do believe Backstreet Boys>Weird Al, btw.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LIMA DELTA said:
Edwin said:
CanadianGuitarist said:
Skywarp! said:

You should have seen how butthurt they all got when I pointed this out in the official thread. I still do believe Backstreet Boys>Weird Al, btw.

Wait, what?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like Amish Paradise might be better than the source material but I haven't listened to it in a while. I don't think Gangsta's Paradise aged that well, though I don't dislike it.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
gokuwasmurdered said:
I feel like Amish Paradise might be better than the source material but I haven't listened to it in a while. I don't think Gangsta's Paradise aged that well, though I don't dislike it.

You're nuts.

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even if you don't prefer any of his direct parodies, you have to admit his style parodies can be spot on. The lead singer of Devo said he wished he had come up with "Dare to Be Stupid" first.

And the Doors parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sALru9IJk

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I think I like 'Yoda' better than 'Lola'

'I lost on Jeopardy' is better than 'Jeopardy'

there's a lot of Al parodies that are better than the original

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
To get this thread back on track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOKJikcYMk

I honestly don't mind "Take the Money and Run" and "Fly Like an Eagle", but this song really annoys me.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
LIMA DELTA said:
whoaaa that song rules, I reminded you of it in chat initially after you forgot about it for awhile, don't forget

I remember everything

you had some BALLS to act like YOU introduced me to that song. Shit son...

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Amy pats fan said:
LIMA DELTA said:

I remember everything

You got some BALLS to capitalize words when you can't even fucking READ. You've been hating on me a lot recently, so no more music rec's for you SON.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
LIMA DELTA said:
Amy pats fan said:
LIMA DELTA said:

I remember everything

You got some BALLS to capitalize words when you can't even fucking READ. You've been hating on me a lot recently, so no more music rec's for you SON.

*BHANMANE*

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Me and my friends had a spirited debate about worst Led Zeppelin song at trivia last night and I was reminded of this thread. One of them obviously said "D'yer Mak'er" (no, Red Baron's not on my bar trivia team) . Friend's girlfriend who likes Zepp most out of any of us said "Down By The Seaside". I think the clear consensus answer though is "Hot Dog".

Which isn't exactly a classic rock radio staple but coincidentally, I heard it on the radio this afternoon on the local classic rock station and it reinforced my decision. That song fuckin' sucks. Led Zeppelin should never try to intentionally be funny. It reminded me of one of those crappy Muppet Show musical numbers with the terrible hillbilly Muppets.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I heard "American Pie" today whilst visiting the dentist. I almost forgot how fucking awful that song is.