Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Classic Rock Songs that just fuckin' suck

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh. Don McLean headlined the Maine Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony a few weeks ago. The show was running late and he literally shoved Howie Day ('00s soft rock one hit wonder, perhaps most notable for mackin' on Britney Spears while they were in rehab) so he could start his set. There were roughly 40 people in the 7,000 seat arena for the show.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I can't stand pretty much anthing by AC/DC. They've never done anything for me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" was on the classic rock station a few minutes ago. Awful. Why can't we all just collectively agree to ignore post Roger Waters era Pink Floyd? Outside of the choir and pretentious lyrics, the song sounds like it could be an outtake from ZZ Top's Afterburner.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
It's a cool song, but have you guys seen the cover art for the new Pink Floyd album? It's really something.

Pink_Floyd_-_The_Endless_River.jpg

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Not quite classic rock but Don MacLean's "American Pie" is my least favorite song of all time. Fuck you, Don MacLean.

I couldn't agree more. Every time I hear that song I want to smash something with a hammer.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Byron The Bulp said:
It's a cool song, but have you guys seen the cover art for the new Pink Floyd album? It's really something.

Pink_Floyd_-_The_Endless_River.jpg
Listening to this right now. It's basically a new age album with some bluesy solos. It's about what I expected it would sound like.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. There's some rockin' moments on this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.avclub.com/article/some-dummy-just-paid-12-million-don-mcleans-americ-217651?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default
Glad that "American Pie" has gotten the A.V. Club's Official Seal of Suckitude.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Classic Rock Songs that just fuckin' suck

Has "Come Sail Away" (or anything by Styx, really) been raked across the coals yet? I've heard that song incessantly over the past few weeks and each time I hate it a little bit more.

Kinetic

Kinetic
Reaction score
I always enjoy "Fooling Yourself" whenever I hear it. I'm with you on most of their other stuff, particularly "Lady" and "Babe." "Come Sail Away" is kind of a guilty pleasure, but I definitely wouldn't want to hear it more than a couple times a year.

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So we can update the spreadsheet every time American Pie or Sweet Caroline makes us reach for the station dial?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only mildly related comment since I don't know if any of songs mentioned in this post constitute as classic rock (although I think I've heard at least one of them played on a classic rock station). After getting diagnosed with conjunctivitis this afternoon, the first two songs I heard on the radio were "In Your Eyes" and "Private Eyes" :eek:

A friend of mine who DJs at another station says he's going to dedicate Corey Hart's "Sunglasses At Night" to me. 8)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Definitely not. Only scenario where it comes remotely close to sucking is if it comes on the radio after you've been diagnosed with pinkeye. Even then it's hilariously ironic!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Jefferson Airplane "Somebody To Love" is pretty awful and I've never ever been a fan of Bruce Springsteen.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyAC0QIx5P0

Posting this here so I never forget it again, Rock Queen by Love/Hate

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not gonna say hate, but Spirit In The Sky went from a song I was fine with to a song I never want to hear again due to many movies it has appeared in over the last twenty years or so. I'm blaming Guardians Of The Galaxy. In just 2016/17 alone it appeared in Suicide Squad, TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, Mr. Right, I Am Not A Serial Killer, The Founder, Life, and I Tonya.