Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Classic Rock Songs that just fuckin' suck

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Breaking up the monotony of mediocre music threads to talk about stuff that just fuckin sucks.

http://youtu.be/oA3-InoYsWQ
This song came on the classic rock station this afternoon and now I'm gonna have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day. This is like an even worse version of Georgia Satellites' "Keep Your Hands to Yourself". Fuck you, George Thorogood! Fuck you, classic rock DJ who decided to drag this out of the mothballs!

Not quite classic rock but Don MacLean's "American Pie" is my least favorite song of all time. Fuck you, Don MacLean.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was just trolling Kamala. For real anything by ZZ Top, Steve Miller, or The Eagles.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Rock N Roll All Nite" is only like third or fourth best song on the album that it's from which is a second tier "original lineup era" KISS album! Not a terrible answer!

Speaking of Steve Miller Band, Ace Frehley announced that he's releasing another solo album today and the first single will be a cover of "The Joker". I'm a huge fan of Ace but I can't think of many things I'd rather hear less than him covering "The Joker". At least, this means Ace will probably tour again!

Besides Adam Sandler and POD did the definitive cover of "The Joker" on some MTV special hyping Little Nicky back in the day. How that clip's not on YouTube, I do NOT know!

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2-b_opVTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz0NKWpRO6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-bBwiIsWU

FUCK YOU BROCKLOCK. SHOW SOME CLASSIC ROCK RESPECT

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
I agree Kamala, American Pie is awful.

I'll get flack for this, but D'yer Maker is absolutely horrendous. The guitar is annoying and the over use of "oh's" and "ay's" feels like this song is side one of the album. It's boring and repetitive and ruins what could have been Zeppelins best album.

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
^ American Pie counts for this discussion? Then let me second that; it shares the crown of my most hated song of all time with Sweet Caroline.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Even though I love a lot of their classic work, holy shit did Lynyrd Skynyrd write some crap.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
lol

And throw me in the group that hates American Pie. I never thought of it as classic rock, though I guess technically it qualifies.

Who on the board loves that song but is too afraid to come in and defend it against the ELITISTS~! of the music folder?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
15-20 years ago. Maybe even 10, "American Pie" would always be in the Top 5 whenever an oldies/classics station would have a Labor Day Weekend "500 Greatest Songs of All Time" countdown. I'm just glad it's not widely accepted as one of the greatest songs of all time anymore.

Thing is I don't mind Don MacLean's other hits. Probably because I hear them one-ten thousandth as much as I hear "American Pie" but I think "Vincent" is a p.good song.. A fun fact about "Vincent" is that it was one of Tupac's favorite songs.

Don MacLean lives in Maine and I was way too happy that he got arrested for a DUI like five years ago.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"American Pie" is played regularly on classic-rock stations, so it qualifies for this thread.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
American Pie is awesome. I'm the guy.

I can't stand Sweet Caroline anymore because of the douchebag Red Sox fans. But objectively it isn't a bad song.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I don't think "American Pie" is shit, but it being overplayed makes me not care for it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agreed on "American Woman" and the Kravitz version is worse and ungodly bad. "No Sugar Tonight" also fuckin' sucks. "These Eyes" gets a pass because of Superbad.

It's weird I don't like most of The Guess Who's hits but can tolerate most of Bachman-Turner Overdrive's big hits ("Let It Ride" kind of fuckin' sucks though).

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Doobie Bros. yet. I love Listen to the Music!

I like American Woman, but the Kravitz cover is so fuckin' bad.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Listen to the Music is a GOAT song. I'm not a fan of the band in particular, but they have a few great songs

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can tolerate every Doobies classic rock staple. I like the Michael McDonald era hits better than the Tom Johnstone era ones tbh.