Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Comic Book Toys and Collectibles

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
SUPER annoying to see the 70s Hogan WWE Superstar figures appear to be "chase" so I'll probably never see them unless it is on ebay.

Capt Lou is also released and is 7 dollars more online than it would be in store (plus shipping).

This is the pain in the ass portion of collecting.

I did buy some Hogans, Mega Powers, and Andre figs from Ringside collectables this week.
The new basic white shirt Hogan fig showed up at Walmart. All 3 had a bent card. Cool. Cool.

In non wrestling crap that may interest the masses... I got a nice deal on the Bo Knows... 2 sided Tiger electronics hand held. Only 31 years later than hoped.

I've gotten random Mr. T stuff (music record, puzzles, board games), Mutant Mayhem TMNT crap, Mario movie figs, He man stuff and so on over the past few weeks. The buying never stops!

BAD month to have addictions. Have to pay the property tax bill, Xmas presents, a new 500 dollar lap top and SURPRISE a new TV as my TV died randomly Tuesday.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SUPER annoying to see the 70s Hogan WWE Superstar figures appear to be "chase" so I'll probably never see them unless it is on ebay.

Capt Lou is also released and is 7 dollars more online than it would be in store (plus shipping).
Paid the ebay price for the 70s Hogan (42ish). Paid 7 dollars more than I needed to for Capt Lou (27) as right after I won it on ebay, It came to my store. Got the new Hogan Funko, the ref Mr T fig, a Thundercats collectors case (paid half of the ebay price at a toy con right next to Brody manor), other random pick ups lately have been He-man puzzles, Mr T "Lazer" stickers from 83, various Little People playsets and figures, and so on.
I've been to Milwaukee for a con and multi-toy store run, as well as a church rummage sale, and another flea market in recent weeks. The plastic addiction is real!

Heading to Green Bay's biggest twice a year toy con at the Resch complex in 2 weeks, the week after that I'm back in Milwaukee for a weekend at the Midwest Gaming Classic. Staying at the Hilton as part of the Con rate deal.
--
Walmart online had their Collector Con yesterday and it went as annoying as we nerds were expecting. The He-man stuff mostly sold out in under a minute. Mattel really should just do pre-orders instead of making limited amounts and letting the scalpers run wild.
Somehow some people were using a backdoor to put shit in their online cart before the sale was even active, so the moment it kicked off they were able to hit "Buy".
The new TMNT MOTU Krang was still available when I checked in but with shipping it rang up at 92 bucks. I went on ebay and paid 60 instead. Still too much but the value is likely to only go up with the seemingly limited quantity

This theory doesn't always work out. I've certainly paid for new shit in the past year that then became shelf warmers and reduced in price.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score