Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Concerts coming to your area: Good and Bad

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think they asked for one hit wonders that disappeared almost immediately but still play shows and are MAGA as fuck.
I was going to rebut this by saying "Green Jelly had hits" as I thought "Three Little Pigs" was one of those songs that was big on 120 Minutes but didn't get radio play but I just looked it up and it hit #17 on the Billboard Hot 100 in '93 (and was a Top 5 hit in the UK but I knew they had legit hits there cause Brits are friggin weirdos)! GD the early '90s were a pretty dang weird time for the pop charts. I guess EVERYTHING alternative had its day in the sun.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Well I was wrong about there being another lockdown but the Sebastian Bach show in Middletown did get cancelled. I have to imagine it’s due to low ticket sales. And I didn’t buy a ticket so I guess it’s partly my fault. But I was going to!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fozzy is coming back to Maine next April. I wonder if I ask Jericho where his wife was on 1-6-2021 if he'll hit me with a Codebreaker.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got free tickets to see them the last time they came the night before WrestleMania 34 and they were honestly PRETTY GOOD live. If I manage to get backstage this time, I'd chicken out of calling him out for being a MAGA Chud stupid idiot and politely ask him what Lenny Lane is up to these days.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Ask him about Lenny, then turn so he can see the "JAN 6 WAS FOR BITCHES" writing on the back of your oversized Hawaiian shirt.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees + Garbage, count me in! Especially if Siouxsie joined Shirley Manson on #1 Crush...

Ah shit! Found Garbage performing in my old hometown of Mansfield from September!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Alice in Chains and Bush are touring together this summer. The bad part? Breaking Benjamin will also be there.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Just got a Facebook ad for that tour and apparently Bush is the opener and BB are co-headliners? That’s fuckin’ wack, Sixteen Stone is a veritable greatest hits album by itself and the only Breaking Ben songs I know are the ones that were in Day of Reckoning for GameCube.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, Bush hasn't really had a headlining or co-headlining tour in years. They're pretty firmly in the perennial role on tours these days sadly. I guess that's what happens when it's just the lead singer and a bunch of hired guns. They opened for BB before several years ago as well. Hey, good to see that Gavin is still getting out there but damn.

BB are still somehow really popular in mainstream rock circles.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Was literally just about to post this! They're not coming to NY and I don't know if I wanna trek to Jersey.

Very nice of Rob to bring his little brother on tour with him. I'm sure we'll get "Blast off to Nowhere" in select cities.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Roxy Music 50th Anniversary tour this fall. Do I really need to hear 76 year old Bryan Ferry sing about staking his place at the single bar? No. Will I? Maybe.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My gf and I are thinking of going to one of those Roxy Music shows. Great band but how are they playing arenas in the US in 2022?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
St. Vincent is opening up most of the shows and she is a decent draw but still seems like a stretch for an arena tour. Arena in NYC and LA, yeah, sure probably can draw but I am curious to see what crowd is like at TD Garden. I am pretty sure they played a 5,000 seater during their ‘00s reunion and I doubt they have gotten exponentially more popular since.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got tickets for the Wu Tang Clan, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa show this summer. It's like the muffintop of a Rock the Bells.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Anthrax is touring this summer with Black Label Society and Hatebreed opening. I've seen Anthrax before and they were really fun but I still haven't seen Zakk Wylde shred live so I may have to make the trek to Coney Island for this show. I'll most likely skip Hatebreed. I've had enough Jamey Jasta in my life, thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Laz

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Bought tickets for The Gaslight Anthem in October. Looking forward to the show. General admission is a young man’s game. The wife, and I are in the balcony.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scorpions-poster-e1652104415225.jpeg

Whitesnake can't even headline their own farewell tour. SMDH.

I do kind of want to see Scorpions though tbh.