Concerts coming to your area: Good and Bad

Staff member
Reaction score

ghs0rmQ.png

San Francisco here I come BAH GAWD

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
FUCK YES THE SUN WILL RISE AGAIN THE EARTH WILL TURN TO SAND AND I WILL BE THERE IN MIDDLETOWN ROCKIN OUT TO ONE OF THE TOP TEN ALBUMS OF 91 EXCEPT PROB NOT CUZ THERE'S GONNA BE ANOTHER LOCKDOWN

Staff member
Reaction score

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
It doesn't matter the age or demo, all Metallica fans agree that St. Anger is the soundtrack to a botched circumcision of music.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If the internet's taught me anything, there's all sorts of people with all sorts of contrarian takes about all sorts of things so I'm sure there'll be someone in the Chase Center wanting to scream "MY LIFESTYLE IS MY DEATH STYLE" at the top of their lungs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
F8AEC36C-F2BB-4C5D-9062-13C1F176FCF1.jpeg
What promoter thought “I want a festival combining third tier mid-late ‘00s alt rock and third tier ‘80s R&B but also Wilson Phillips and Ambrosia.” ?

also BS that Toad the Wet Sprocket headlines over Hoobastank.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
B862D5EA-FC01-4FBF-8DF4-C269D80778A8.jpegWhat promoter thought “I want a festival combining third tier mid-late ‘00s alt rock and third tier ‘80s R&B but also Wilson Phillips and Ambrosia.” ?

also BS that Toad the Wet Sprocket headlines over Hoobastank

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Really waffling on this GNR show Thursday...obviously a large stadium filled with tens of thousands isn't the best place to be right now BUT there are sections of unsold rows and if I got a ticket there I maybe wouldn't have to be next to anyone. Then I looked at the setlist for the opener on Saturday and it kinda sucks (keep in mind I've seen GNR five times in total and twice with this current lineup, I'm sure it's fine for a first-timer) and Axl's vocal performance is as weak as ever. Good news is he's in his best shape since the reunion kicked off but his bad hair is making him look more and more like Trump. Still it would be a strong maybe if not for COVID.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Offspring's drummer, Pete Parada is off the upcoming tour. He hasn't had the the vaccine due to medical reasons.

"Since I am unable to comply with what is increasingly becoming an industry mandate -- it has recently been decided that I am unsafe to be around, in the studio, and on tour," Parada posted on social media.

"Given my personal medical history and the side-effect profile of these jabs, my doctor has advised me not to get a shot at this time," Parada wrote.

That sure sounds like a person who has legitimate "medical reasons" on why they aren't vaccinated...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Kyle Gass Band is coming to a biker bar 45 minutes away from me.

I was mildly curious as to what Kyle singing lead vocals on Tenacious D songs would even sound like but I guess he has some other dude singing Jack Black's parts.

I probably will not drop the $25 (or $125 for meet & greet) for this.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Saturday night I went to my first concert since seeing Foo Fighters at CitiField. I saw The Bronx open for Dropkick Murphys and Rancid at the Forest Hills Tennis Center. It was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The Bronx were a great, fun, hot opener. Dropkick Murphys, who I've heard some of their songs in passing but never got into, were tremendous. So much energy. Rancid, who is one of my favorite bands, I hadn't seen live since 2003, and it was well worth wait. They were off the charts fantastic. The venue was a fun place, that I'd go to again.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I saw Alanis Morrissette with Garbage and Cat Power (Liz Phair was originally supposed to be the opening act but she pulled out for unknown reasons) last night. Garbage were pretty fun but they performed "When I Grow Up" at every show on this tour except for my show and opted instead to take a request from the audience and sang "Cherry Lips" which I'm sure @HarleyQuinn has some thought about.

Alanis was great, honestly. They aired a mini doc on her before she came out and she sounded as good as ever. Head Over Feet was a highlight for me.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Skipped last night’s Dance Gavin Dance show I bought tickets to a year, and a half ago. So far on this tour two band members have had Covid, and last night they kicked the drummer offstage for being messed up, and had his tech fill in for him.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Skipped last night’s Dance Gavin Dance show I bought tickets to a year, and a half ago. So far on this tour two band members have had Covid, and last night they kicked the drummer offstage for being messed up, and had his tech fill in for him.
Also. The drummer went to rehab the next day.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I think they asked for one hit wonders that disappeared almost immediately but still play shows and are MAGA as fuck.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought tickets to Mastadon/Opeth, which are one and a half bands I was very into 10+ years ago, but have listened to very little since. Should be fun.