Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Coronavirus

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't like the word "deadline" when it comes to matters of national health. Good thing all these front line workers and at-risk people get to try it out before me! Trump should volunteer on national television for the vaccine on November 1

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
7 day average in MA has been over 300+ recently, the first time since early June and with schools opening those numbers will probably rise a bit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Well, I'm sold!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After endless whining from the president, the Big 10 has reversed & will have a football season despite a surge of cases on campuses.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Trump bullying them into playing is what causes Michigan & Wisconsin to go Republican again, I will be ticked shitless.
This guy is pretty cool.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
MA saw 569 positive tests yesterday, a 2.67% positive rate. I think a lot of that is related to the issues high schools/colleges have had with outbreaks on campuses, etc.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If only there were ways to have prevented/lessened the outbreaks stemming from forcing in-person schooling to resume no matter what.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

"Among the states reporting more new cases in the last seven days are Wisconsin, Idaho, South Dakota, Iowa and Kansas, all of which also are reporting a coronavirus positivity rate above 15%."

And MA follows up with a 1.95% positive rate (340 of almost 126,000 tests).

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My nearest metropolitan area, La Crosse WI, is the worst in the country. I work in an assisted living facility so I'm just tickled pink by this local achievement.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Trump Refuses to Comment On 200K Deaths Until Asked Twice, Still Blames China

"Trump, leaving the White House Tuesday for a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania rally, was asked by a female reporter why he hadn't commented on the 200,000-plus death count.

The president leaned in to listen, with Marine One's engine humming in the background, and once the reporter asked her question louder he moved on. 'Go ahead, uhhh, anybody else?' the president said.

Then another reporter asked him the same thing. 'I think it's a shame,' Trump then responded.

'If we didn't do it properly and didn't do it right, you'd have two and a half million deaths.'

The president was using an estimate of how many would die from the coronavirus had no precautions - such as mask-wearing, closures and social distancing - been. taken.

He then continued to blast China for releasing the virus.

'They should never let this spread all over the world and it’s a terrible thing,' Trump said, pointing reporters to taped remarks he made before the United Nations General Assembly earlier Tuesday."

Also - The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation is predicting that deaths will rise to more 378,000 by the end of the year.

The model forecasts that more than 114,000 lives could be saved if the majority of Americans wear masks but epidemiologists have already warned that mask-wearing is already declining across the country.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got a sinking feeling that October/November are going to be as bad as the spring and we are in for the WORST HOLIDAY SEASON EVER!

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got a sinking feeling that October/November are going to be as bad as the spring and we are in for the WORST HOLIDAY SEASON EVER!

I'm not sure if it will be worse because as poorly as this country has handled it, people have generally (begrudgingly) accepted masks and social distancing -- at least in comparison to the spring where there wasn't nearly as much compliance. I think it may be equal to what the totals in the spring were and deaths will certainly be less.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, certain areas are seeing rising positive and death rates correlating with a dwindling use of masks and social distancing (and botched reopenings).

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, certain areas are seeing rising positive and death rates correlating with a dwindling use of masks and social distancing (and botched reopenings).

That is one good thing that I will say about NC: our (Democrat) governor made a plan and has stuck by it. Compared to the rest of the south, the state been fairly well-managed. I feel pretty safe for the most part. However, I live in a large city and after visiting some of the more rural areas I feel less confident but as a whole I feel that we have done pretty well.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

There were 14,310 new molecular tests conducted, with an approximately 3.60% daily positive rate. This is the highest the daily positive COVID-19 test rate has been in Massachusetts since June 9, when it was 4.29%.

:mad::eek:

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The president was going to have a Make America Get Covid rally in La Crosse WI, one of the worst (sometimes the worst in the country over recent weeks) hot spots, this Saturday. Fortunately, it has been cancelled.