Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Coronavirus

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I assume the joke is about trumpers getting the virus. The bigger problem, though, is that the attendees would've been stopping for gas, for food, staying in hotels, etc afterward. After huddling close together, shouting, their mouths lolling open in awe of their god emperor. They would've traveled through my county, the next one south and west of La Crosse. I get the schadenfreude angle but the disease quickly spreads to others; it doesn't merely affect the rally attendees and stop at the doors/airport gates.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Between meetings with foreign leaders, U.S. officials and White House staff, I feel like this is at least the 5th or 6th time You Know Who has been in close proximity to someone within a day or two of them being diagnosed with COVID.

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume the joke is about trumpers getting the virus. The bigger problem, though, is that the attendees would've been stopping for gas, for food, staying in hotels, etc afterward. After huddling close together, shouting, their mouths lolling open in awe of their god emperor. They would've traveled through my county, the next one south and west of La Crosse. I get the schadenfreude angle but the disease quickly spreads to others; it doesn't merely affect the rally attendees and stop at the doors/airport gates.

It turns out the real reason this was cancelled was because Hope Hicks has COVID and has been breathing in Trump's face for days.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No, they had simply moved the location. They decided to move it across the state to Janesville. And still plan to have a second rally that day in Green Bay. Despite the Hicks news, they have not cancelled those 2 rallies yet.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's really confusing because the Demoncats wear SATANIC masks and the masks CAUSE the obama flu

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
MA hit 4.13% positive rate today marking the 2nd time in the last 3 days that the state topped 4%. Also now over 9,300 deaths in the state :(

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not good. This whole reopen the schools in-person no matter what thing isn't panning out too well.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
MA hit 4.13% positive rate today marking the 2nd time in the last 3 days that the state topped 4%. Also now over 9,300 deaths in the state :(
Oooh, a 4% positivity rate! How could your leaders have let this happen? What hellscape do you live in?

SC logged a positivity rate over 30% yesterday as our governor declared restaurants and bars could go to full capacity.

You're fucking lucky to live where you do, don't think you aren't.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
It *is* good that that's their state right now. I wish we had it. I'm just sick of seeing freakouts when the freak-outers are in places which are relatively sane.

Go ahead and talk shit though, it's fun. It isn't a reflection on you at all but Wisconsin has the same fucking problem. Score those points though, go for it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the only place where people can be lectured about how they shouldn't be freaking out by the guy who screamed so loud during a debate his neighbor had to come and plead with him to be quieter because they had to work the next day. Also the guy who got so angry the chat was shitting on Jeffrey Epstein he stormed out (I CAME HERE FOR WRESTLING!).

If only people had tried to tell him what a shithole SC was.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh, a 4% positivity rate! How could your leaders have let this happen? What hellscape do you live in?

SC logged a positivity rate over 30% yesterday as our governor declared restaurants and bars could go to full capacity.

You're fucking lucky to live where you do, don't think you aren't.

We were at 25-30% back in March and April. I'm not "freaking out" and no offense meant, but blow me. While 4% may not sound alarming to you down in South Carolina, it is alarming when my state, which for months (plural) had been around 1.4%, has suddenly seen a spike back up into the 3-4% range over the course of basically 2 weeks and presumably it could go higher.

I get I'm lucky to live in the state I do but I'm not gonna pretend like I shouldn't be worried just because my "leaders" aren't dumb fucks (one could argue trying to do a hybrid remote/in-school learning system was bafflingly stupid).

Also feel free to tell the 9,300 that have died in MA that they were lucky to live here compared to other states.

Staff member
Reaction score
Massachusetts has had three times the amount of people who have died than South Carolina has. Deaths are bad.

You don't need to be a dickhead about it. The main problem in places like Mass, NY, and CA is that those states have international travel hubs which massively spread the virus. Sure we don't have people who open everything, that's true. What we do have is a problem that only the federal government could really do something about (stringently limit air travel) while moronic tourists are still traveling to our states by car or plane and spreading the virus.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, COVID isn't a dick measuring contest of where it's worse. It's bad everywhere. Literally nobody follows social distancing rules. You can go anywhere and these people will breathe right in your fucking face or over your shoulder. You also have a decent amount of people who won't mask up until forced to do it when going inside somewhere.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Nevermind. I knew it was a mistake to try and say anything here. I couldn't lurk any more as I saw the hand-wringing which felt like typical liberal hysteria where someone kept playing Chicken Little and acting like their situation was some ridiculous anomaly (BUT WHAT ABOUT MONTHS AGO).

Pardon the fuck out of me, I'll play the fantasy league and leave you to your bubble of mildly good at best takes on what's happening. You won't see me again.

Staff member
Reaction score
Nevermind. I knew it was a mistake to try and say anything here. I couldn't lurk any more as I saw the hand-wringing which felt like typical liberal hysteria where someone kept playing Chicken Little and acting like their situation was some ridiculous anomaly (BUT WHAT ABOUT MONTHS AGO).

Pardon the fuck out of me, I'll play the fantasy league and leave you to your bubble of mildly good at best takes on what's happening. You won't see me again.

Why are you mad that someone said covid is bad everywhere? It isn't a special thing in anyone's neck of the woods. It's bad.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

make a stupid post and you're going to get called out like anyone else on the board. You're the one who was always crying about the board not being like the old days.

HQ wasn't playing chicken little. He posted basic info and a frownie face. about 9300 people being DEAD.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I re-read the thread twice to see if I missed something. I still really don't get why Kotz got so mad he broke his non-posting hiatus. Is it really just because someone was worried that their state had a spike in Covid positivity rate, and he was mad because that positivity rate is much lower than SC? That seems like an odd thing to get that upset about.

Staff member
Reaction score
I re-read the thread twice to see if I missed something. I still really don't get why Kotz got so mad he broke his non-posting hiatus. Is it really just because someone was worried that their state had a spike in Covid positivity rate, and he was mad because that positivity rate is much lower than SC? That seems like an odd thing to get that upset about.

He gets mad when people say things that contradict his worldview. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion though. There are a lot of people dead everywhere.