Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Coronavirus

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Exactly the way I see it. For the most part, the people who are getting it are getting it from not being vaxxed and continuing to do stupid shit outside of public areas. Telling them to continue to wear a mask in public is worthless if they continue to gather and do other shit on their own anyway. People who've been vaccinated are protected. We lived 14 months under this shit to get to this moment so don't throw away an opportunity to start living your lives again.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I totally get the “at this point, if you aren’t vaxxed or at least in the process of getting vaxxed, you have no one to blame but yourself” sentiment, but as someone with a 7 year old (i.e. too young to be eligible for a vaccine), the stubborn anti-vax stupidity of some people still makes me a little nervous.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Children's chances of dying of this are about as low (or lower) of their chances of dying from any number of other diseases that have been around before covid (flu, pneumonia, etc.)

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Going to be completely honest here. Little weary of my 74 year old father walking around maskless even though he's been vaxxed. I know it's paranoia but it's like learning how to live again I guess. It's going to take some time

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Children's chances of dying of this are about as low (or lower) of their chances of dying from any number of other diseases that have been around before covid (flu, pneumonia, etc.)
I’m aware, but I also know that the kid of one of my best friends got it in December and was hospitalized three times in the ensuing four months because of recurring complications. Did the kid die? Thankfully no, but these past few months have still been brutal for their family.

Again, I know this is the exception and not the norm, but it still makes me a little uneasy, especially when I have close family members who refuse to get vaxxed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m just the type of guy before the pandemic who walks across the street if I see some dude coughing or sneezing down the block. People are disgusting.
It's disconcerting how many people were clueless about the importance of hand washing and hand sanitizing before the pandemic. People are GD animals, man.

Dandy

Reaction score
Also, consider that almost literally all the infections right now are coming from unvaccinated morons acting like morons, so telling everyone they don't "have to" wear a mask doesn't change that much. Maybe if they aren't forced to wear a mask in the places that absolutely make them, they'll get the disease faster while everyone else is fine. Then they can fucking die and we can all move on without so many idiots in our society. It'll be like how in medieval times they sent the stupidest people to the front line because they were decided to be of no benefit to society anyway. These anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are definitely in that category and we should find a way to kill them off faster. This might be the way to do so. Sorry if any of you are related to those kinds of people but I don't care.
You. . .you don’t care about Gam Gam?

Dandy

Reaction score
I am still concerned for my children. It is likely that more than one of them have inherited my disease and even if it were not fatal now, the long term effects—that we have not been able to study, obviously—could be brutal on their lungs as they age. We’re extremely eager for vaccines for the children.

Staff member
Reaction score
You. . .you don’t care about Gam Gam?
All my family took vaccines so we're ok. But if my grandma held out for well it would be five whole months now I would have minimal sympathy and wouldn't know what to say.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only antivaxxers in extended family are my girlfriend's aunt & uncle. Who both got COVID after their Easter dinner. Uncle is just now mostly breathing without a ventilator after a few weeks on it. So again...just a prime example of why you shouldn't be an antivaxxer.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
MA is opening on 5/29 (with some select places still requiring masks, e.g. hospitals, etc.). Still crazy that it's been literally over 12 months of mask-wearing...

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Who says people don't have a reason to get vaxxed?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I hope Tennesse will retroactively offer similar, because I'd love me a Winchester repeater

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Here in Ohio, they are giving away a million dollars a week for 5 weeks. Thankfully, it’s open to anyone who has been vaccinated (before or after the contest was announced).

The state couldn’t have ended up with a better winner yesterday. The guy said he had been on the fence about getting vaccinated, but once he found out he could win a million dollars, he got the shot right away. I hope more people around here ignore the odds and follow his lead.