Coronavirus

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"Donald Trump Jr., the president’s eldest son, falsely claimed on Thursday that the number of Americans dying from the coronavirus amounts to “almost nothing.”

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The machete prop for my Halloween costume has not arrived so I ran to the Spirit Halloween to find a crowd rivaling black Friday. Did my best to keep my distance, waited in the line that was wrapped around the store, wondering how the hell someone hasn't called a fire marshal or something. Someone asked me where the line started and when I turned to gesture, I knocked the hat off the guy behind me since he was riding my damn ass.

Got home, wiped my hands immediately with alcohol wipes, and went scrub myself down with hibiclens in the shower. Accidentally got some in my mouth and just swished it around and spit it out and didn't even worry about being poisoned. It crossed my mind to call and report it but didn't feel like getting laughed at.

They had a door guy, he had let way too many in at once.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Up to 119 new cases today in Maine. We had done so well until October. :(
MA hit 7.35% and 1,488 positive cases today... Nice knowing ya, July & August. We're now hitting mid-May levels and been climbing (going backwards?) for the last month basically.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Several States Doing 'Stay At Home 2.0' Orders

"Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak is asking people to commit to a voluntary plan he calls "Stay at Home 2.0" in the next two weeks in efforts to push a "significant reversal of the current trends" in the state.

Wisconsin's governor announced Tuesday he's signed a new order advising people to "stay home to save lives."

A stay-at-home advisory went into effect last week in Massachusetts, where residents are advised to stay at home between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. A stay-at-home advisory also took effect Sunday in Rhode Island, where the governor warned last week there'd be an upcoming shutdown if large house parties that were helping fuel the spread didn't stop.

As the virus continues running unabated across American communities, not a single state is trending in the right direction. And 44 states have reported at least 10% more new cases than the previous week -- 11 of which reported at least a 50% increase.

"I've seen more death in the last three weeks than I've seen in a year," one registered nurse told CNN affiliate KFOX.

Oklahoma's health department reported the state is down to just 7% of adult ICU bed availability, with about 62 ICU beds available."

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

"Every state has seen increases in cases over the past seven days, according to The COVID Tracking Project, but states in the Midwest continue to have the highest numbers of cases per 100,000 people.

North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming, Wisconsin and Nebraska have the worst outbreaks in the country, with more than 100 cases per 100,000 people, according to New York Times data.

The outbreaks show no signs of abetting, with all of those states seeing increases in cases over the past seven days of 17 percent or higher, according to The COVID Tracking Project."

I've noticed the past few days that MA has also started hitting a 10% daily rate too.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I really think we're gonna start seeing states forced to go into partial lockdowns like Oregon, if not full lockdowns, as cases continue to skyrocket over the next several weeks. It's clear that telling people to wear masks & asking them to social distance isn't getting it done enough. MA is hitting 11% and almost 3,000 cases daily now. Other states are literally seeing 90%+ increases in cases over the past couple of weeks with 0 sign that Thanksgiving won't exacerbate things.

"And in Missouri — which announced 7,164 new cases on Saturday, the state’s third single-day record in a row, along with 11 deaths and more than 2,400 hospitalizations — health care workers asked government officials to enact more restrictions...

With more than 1,017,000 cases added since Nov. 7 — the first time that more than a million cases were reported in a seven-day period — that means that roughly one in every 323 people in the United States were reported to have tested positive in the last week.

On Saturday, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Indiana, Utah, Montana, and Alaska all set single-day records for new cases."

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm proud to say that I had a small hand in Moderna's supply chain while they were developing this vaccine. Don't know if it was primarily their Cambridge or Norwood facility, but I've helped build the labs in both.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I support a ticket of Laz touting how he saved the country and Kamala touting how he saved music podcast radio.