Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

COVID-19 impact on music

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Clapton in Tommy is great. Hate how much I love that movie now. Most of my hatred for him comes from being just having to hear Time Pieces and Unplugged for the vast majority of my childhood. Was surreal knowing "Layla" was a real song.

Cream always bored me to tears. I tried really hard in my youth to get into them but couldn't. Probably had to be there if only for not knowing what became of Clapton.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's in the way that you use it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Valeyard

Reaction score
Finally "Symphony Of Destruction" is based on real life.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Blue Öyster Cult is playing here on Sunday. God if they play "The Red and the Black" and I wasn't there to hear it....

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
fetchimage

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could, probably, with time and access, pull up every other instance Rolling Stone reported on Clapton's racism, but the mag's current EIC, whose tweets I embedded above, needs you to know they are taking a bold stand here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RS is an easy publication to dunk on and far be it from me, an easy to dunk on poster to defend them BUT the article does specifically cite past incidents where they documented Clapton being a dipshit! I just think whoever made that social media post did a poor, hyper sensationalized job of promoting the article!

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The fact that the article points that out makes me think the EIC didn't actually read it!

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am going to assume David Browne, who wrote the article and has been in music journalism for ages, didn't write the headline/subheadline, which also annoyed me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a good thing he already likes microwaved rice and homemade soup cause he might need it.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a good thing he already likes microwaved rice and homemade soup cause he might need it.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Dude will be fine. He's a member of the country club.