Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Cowabunga!!! Turtles in Time remake for XBLA (maybe VC, PSN?)

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Sold. I know it's not the original one but I love the first one on Xbox Live and I think they'll do a good job on this.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Awesome!! I still break out the SNES version from time to time.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
About time. A straight port would have been fine by me, so a remake I guess is better. As long as they don't screw it up.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love this fucking game, but the graphics leave a little to be desired. I would have been fine with a straight up port with even snazzier 2D graphics if possible.

griffinmills

I finally changed this.
Reaction score
I can hear that Snes wild-west level music with the "hey!" in the soundtrack right now in my mind!

Going to wait a bit on the visuals and see how they shape up, it's hard to replace that similar-to-cartoon-show style for nostalgia.

Black Lushus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like the re-vamping...stick to the original style...also, where the heck is Simpsons, Sunste Riders and X-Men???

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Black Lushus said:
Yeah, I don't like the re-vamping...stick to the original style...also, where the heck is Simpsons, Sunste Riders and X-Men???

I'm interested in this Turtles game but I agree 100% on the X-men game. I beat the Turtles games and Simpsons games in the arcade, but I always wanted a chance to beat the X-men game.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always wished for an ALIENS arcade game port but it never happened. I miss that game so much, it was awesome.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I beat the x-men game but I don't really remember a thing about the game outside of the first level. And that I think Magneto was the last boss. A collection disc with the two turtles games, the x-men game, and the simpsons would get an instant buy from me.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The X-Men game is a ton of fun. I played through it on MAME a while back since I could never beat it in arcade. It's hard. One of the levels is a jungle, then you go to outer space.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooo that's another one I forgot, that would have to go on the collection too. IIRC it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as cool as the others. It was also available on the Sega Genesis, possibly the SNES too.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was okay.

Simpsons, X-Men, TMNT 1+2, and Aliens vs Predator are the class of Arcade beat em ups, but Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was a ton of fun too.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember as a kid thinking it was super cool to be able to throw bad guys at the screen. I don't know why I thought it was so cool, but it sure impressed young Smues.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
It was also available on the Sega Genesis, possibly the SNES too.

Captain America/Avengers on SNES doesn't exist!!

It's an awful, awful port. The Genesis one is pretty good, though.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
It must be the Genesis version I'm remembering, because I remember playing a console version that didn't suck.

AlaskanHero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, you're definitely thinking of the Genesis version. That was all kinds of fun, especially with a friend.