Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Cult and Exploitation Trash.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I just felt like this thread was the appropriate place to mention Cuties is a real movie.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score

So, this is...wow. It's a vanity project from 1975 that was thought to be lost until American Genre Film Archive found a copy of it in 2013 and gave it a 2K restoration. The problem? It hasn't been released officially on streaming or as physical media because of the unlicensed use of music from The Moody Blues and Procol Harum. So unless you had seen it at a select theatrical showing, you couldn't see it.

Until now.

Here it is, on YouTube, and oh my God it has to be seen to be believed. A vanity project gone wrong in all the best ways. "Citizen Kane" except it revolves around Astrology and was made by somebody who probably shouldn't have made a movie. I talked about it a bit on my Letterboxd account, but by all means watch this. It really is something else.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is real late but besides Julie Strain, "soft core" icon Nikki Fritz died in Feb. 2020. Was bummed hearing about both

Valeyard

Reaction score
I just learned Demi Moore is the girl on the I Spit On Your Grave poster.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Gary, that video got blocked that you were talking about. What is the films name? I'm intruiged.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Sinful Dwarf is what's up

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Gary, that video got blocked that you were talking about. What is the films name? I'm intrigued.
"The Astrologer". Here's a couple reviews I found that might help, though the following clip and trailer may also be of interest. The dinner scene in particular must be seen to be believed

Also, some info on what we know about the director

Last edited:

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'm thinking of rebuilding my physical movie collection back up. I downsized the wrong shit, had some good stuff stolen, and streaming can be iffy on stupid movies.

I just wanna have Caligula, Don't Torture A Duckling, and Thriller: A Cruel Picture back, man.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Girl I'm interested in and I have been exchanging movies and she wants me to watch Gummo. I've unconsciously avoided it for years. Is it any good?