Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF Fantasy Baseball 2021: League Champ Krankor!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm probably either going to reset the moves for Week 1 or increase it. I'll have to see what options yahoo gives me. We'll revert to the normal 3 per week for the start of Week 2.

With week 1 being a 10 day week and MLB teams waiting until minutes before opening day games to announce DL players, a lot of teams have already blown through their moves.

I'll make the adjustment late Sunday / early Monday.

dirtmagirt

BLAZE ONE FOR THE NATION!!!!!
Reaction score
Good matchup Deuces! That gave me a pretty good indicator of how competitive my team is this year. Looking forward to round 2!

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
How the fuck am I winning 7-2 this week? I haven't even touched my team in two weeks. Then again, my team sucks, so I'll take it.

Bah, made some changes. Here's hoping it works out for me.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm going to increase the number of IL spots from 4 to 5 tomorrow. I'm also going to increase the moves per week from 3 to 4. I went through and looked at the rosters and there are a lot of teams in injury and covid hell already. There's mini-covid outbreaks going on for the Yankees and Padres right now so I think teams will be bogged down even more if we don't do this now

Number of IL/Covid Players per Team:

Hopefully this will help everyone out. As a reminder, minimum innings is 32.0 per week. We've had some guys miss it a few times already. That could be the difference in your season. It's always real close the difference from 6th to 7th and 12th to 13th.

Players with the Covid-19 designation are IL eligible.

I'll probably have another little update around Memorial Day with what the keeper & draft setup will be for next season.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Maybe people read these. Here's your league update and road map for 2022 season.

Keepers:
We currently have 22 active roster spots. Not counting IL/NA. Seasons pre-pandemic, we kept 8 players. I'm going to bump the limit to 10 players. Teams keeping less than 10 players, will get consolation pick(s) in the consolation round which will occur after round one.

Keeper Luxury Tax:
This is an idea, that if a team would like to keep an 11th or 12th player, they could. However they will have to forfeit certain draft picks. If they keep an 11th player, they will forfeit their 1st and 4th. If they keep a 12th, they will forfeit their 2nd and 3rd. Pretty big cost, but I can see teams using it. Another benefit, it gets the draft sped up! If a team doesn't have a 1st round pick and want to keep an 11th player, they can forfeit their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round picks. They won't have an option to keep a 12th player. Keeper deadline will be Feb 1st. If I haven't heard from you by then, I will assume I'll need to nominate keepers for you and possibly make your team available.

Draft:
We'll start March 1st again. That was the perfect time. We used to start mid-Feb, that's just too early. We had 5 rounds this year, it took us 13 days. Also I liked the non-serpentine round order as well, so we'll keep that. Order will be the inverse of the regular season standings. Consolation Winner gets the first pick in the draft. That prize is an extra pick as opposed to their regular first round selection.

I'm thinking we will have 10 rounds for next year. For rounds 8, 9, and 10 we will have 24 hour lightning rounds that will just be first come first serve. In the event things are progressing slow, we will start the lightning rounds sooner. The remaining roster spots will be filled by the Benchwarmer Waivers after the draft.

Baby Shoes Team:
Baby Shoes did me a favor drafting for the team that Thrasher ran last year. He got a shot at managing it. That team has basically been left for dead all season. Healthy Tim Anderson on the DL for over a month, hurt David Price in a pitcher slot for a month. General lack of basic roster caretaking. Last updated his squad April 16th when I asked him to finally fill his roster after the draft. Main problem with neglected teams is it skews the entire league standings based on if they do or dont hit minimum innings.

I added Matt Chapman who was on waivers. This team had the #2 claim. IF Harley #1 had a claim in for him, let me know and I will add him to your roster. Otherwise I just claimed him onto this team and then adjusted claim numbers accordingly.

Like last year with what I did with a team, I'm gonna try and load this team up with upside players for someone else to take over in 2022. I'm only gonna do it Sunday/Monday of Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekends. Otherwise that roster will just be on cruise control, have more than enough SPs to make innings, and just get adjusted those dates. The goal is for it to get some appealing pieces for some future manager. That team just has been neglected for almost 3 years by various managers. It's time for an overhaul.

Like I said earlier, I added 4 players today for this week, I'll add maybe another 4 on Monday and then it'll be on set it and forget it until 4th of July weekend.

Wins Category:
I'm going to re-add the Wins category for pitching in 2022. We're still keeping Quality Start (QS). Wins, even though somewhat random, are not more random than how Holds are determined. Sometimes closers are in line for a Win instead of a Save. It'll just be a good stat that both SP & RP can accumulate.

Tentatively I don't see a hitting category to add. Perhaps batting average. It would at least give more value to quality hitters that get lost in OBP, and be more of a negative to the high strikeout, three outcome type power hitters.

Last edited:

dirtmagirt

Reaction score
I'm not big on the wins cat, but not a big deal. Also, if we need another owner, I may have someone interested.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
So many bloody people on IL, I'm ready to scream. Also, sounds fine about adding back in wins.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
So many bloody people on IL, I'm ready to scream. Also, sounds fine about adding back in wins.
I hear ya, Flik. I was doing fine and now all of a sudden I have dudes hitting IL and Covid-19 bullshit and my team's starting to struggle.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dropped a guy who went on the IL (since my 5 IL slots were already filled), picked up a guy who went on the IL after about 2 days, dropped him and the guy I picked up went on the IL before he even played a game for me. And then the guy I picked up to replace him went on the IL a few days later.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
That's how I'm feeling when I lost Matthew Boyd to the IL while still having Longoria, Franmil Reyes, and Senzel on IL.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Press F to pay respects to the shoulder of Sixto Sanchez.

My IL pitching staff is looking pretty solid.
Bieber, Glasnow, Sixto, Gomber.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
You probably shoulda stuck with Bauer and stashed him
I thought about it but odds are I probably wouldn't have kept him at the end of the season anyway (assuming he doesn't get suspended for future years/go to jail even). I've dealt with that enough in the football leagues with dudes like Josh Gordon.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
TRADE #2
Squint receives OF Randy Arozarena, 3b Jake Burger, SP Frankie Montas, and SP Logan Gilbert

Steak receives SP Clayton Kershaw, SP Jake Odorizzi, DH Nelson Cruz

Also the team Baseball Biv Devoe has a new manager so feel free to offer up some trades to that team. I have no clue the experience of the new owner. His yahoo fantasy profile is brand new for 2021, so I don't have very high hopes that it'll stick. That team's on a trial run to the end of the season.

dirtmagirt

Reaction score
I thought about it but odds are I probably wouldn't have kept him at the end of the season anyway (assuming he doesn't get suspended for future years/go to jail even). I've dealt with that enough in the football leagues with dudes like Josh Gordon.
I can understand that completely

Gman24

New Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be able to turn this team around. I’ve seen worse. I am missing some key pieces so I will be looking to make some trades here and there. I’ve already sent out a few offers. This is my first time playing on the yahoo platform but I’ve been playing ESPN for the last 5 years or so. I’m in a league with dirt. I’ve won the championship in that league 3 times. Do you guys have a problem with me changing the team name?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Change the team name to whatever you would like. It's definitely going to take some serious rebuilding on that squad. If you can believe it, it was worse until I loaded it up with some prospects.

Last edited:

Gman24

New Poster
Reaction score
Anyway I can get more authorized adds for this week, just since I’m new & need to make some changes???

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
This week is a two week (10 game day) matchup because of the all star break. I bumped player adds up from 4 to 6 for this week for everyone. We'll drop back down to 4 the week after.