Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF Fantasy Football 2020 - League Champ is Krankor!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Let's just pause this shit for a second.

Do you guys want to keep this at 16 teams or drop down to 14 teams? If we do 14 teams, everyone plays everyone once in the schedule. No more funky division format. Or we keep it 16 and keep the four 4-team divisions.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm okay with dropping down to 14 teams and just going once against every opponent.

SteakGrowsOnDmitri

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great start to the 2020 draft. What a bitch move.

I'm fine with 14 teams. I never expected it to be difficult finding people to join a football league, but here we are.

Reaction score
14 is a good size. Maybe do a supplemental draft of those players drafted/kept by those teams after this draft?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Problem with contracting to 14 is its a huge pain in the ass expanding back up to 16. I'm not really wanting to auto-draft two teams, but I can just to see if we can find two teams to take them over. If not, by the 2021 season we can figure out if we want to just contract to 14 teams.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
If we go to 14, I can just toss those players back in the player pool that those 2 teams kept and they'd be included in the draft. I'd just go back and double check with St Gabe, MFer, and if Linx picks him if they wanted to change their picks. I'm going to leave this question open until the end of the day and decide when I get home from work later tonight.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I also think having 14 teams will make the league more competitive in general and have noticed we've been kind of trending towards smaller leagues for a while.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know I'm not in the league, but maybe 14 is a good fit? It seems that the board has gotten smaller and people are either drifting away or just not wanting to put the time into things anymore?

Hope the league goes well this year for y'all.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Somehow I thought we'd already gone down to 14. Maybe I was just assuming the open teams weren't going to have anyone pick them up. Anyway, 14's fine.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Alright that's a majority for 14.

I'll rework the draft order and then rework the yahoo league.

We'll just start back over tomorrow with the draft.

@StGabe, are you still wanting Burrow 1st pick or would you prefer someone off of the two open teams.

QB Philip Rivers
WR Stefon Diggs
WR AJ Green
TE Austin Hooper
RB Todd Gurley II
RB James Conner
QB Drew Brees
QB Gardner Minshew II
RB Zeke Elliott
RB Mark Ingram
WR TY Hilton

Last edited:

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm switching to Big Zeke. He was the only one of that group I was interested in. Not a position of need for me, but I can't pass up the value.

s_X5am3ZsSyS1bTqdoDad3aM04C6q2YdXiaLHSxffsm4_ZMCbJL-Kn6XRs4sCvLNt74Qx_QMFw-Jm7NRHCcpUxkdlDj2Pc8cX2BSu9tQQQVcxUidnVC2NtOntWFRO6w-NZG8Z5NbWPzWf0f2DVPQOEhm9dR8X8_tsL9GBQDkar__2Qyjl27jIsP2GNtholtF-byms83EdM2F3b1X9NDIk1P36zGbA0lH

We gonna eat good.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Okay, Linx is back up. His 12 hours will start at Midnight. If he wants to pick before then that's fine. I won't have yahoo squared away until around then.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't make this pick fast enough.

QB Tua Tagovailoa

Staff member
Reaction score
I need another QB, but I'm not taking a 50 year old guy. So...

Steve-Smith-makes-interesting-comments-about-Teddy-Bridgewater.jpg

Teddy Bridgewater (guy on the left)

@OG

OG

OG
Reaction score
This guy is going to be a monster with Mahomes for many years to come.

USATSI_13920211_168386533_lowres.jpg

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Yeah, that @ shit doesn't tell me anything. Only PMs make it through spam filters.

Gotta go with a player I've always liked since the KC rookie's gone:

PleasantTalkativeGrassspider-size_restricted.gif

Kenyan Drake, RB

I haven't gotten to draft in the first round in a while, let alone have a chance at a serviceable RB! I drafted Sony Michel a couple of years ago but he never really had this kind of potential.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have zero starting QBs and I would love to take a young one but the options they aren’t great and since this guy is a old fart, I just happen to have his backup/replacement already ready to take over when his arm finally breaks or he gets canceled, whichever comes first. The guy in this photo that should be drafted isn’t available so I will take the other guy.
QB DREW BREES
1596727171531.jpeg