Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF Fantasy NBA League 2020-21 - League Champ is Steak!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
The IL+ slot for Yahoo Fantasy Basketball leagues is now available. Commissioners in private leagues can enable this slot using the commissioner tools (Commissioner >> Rosters & Scoring >> Edit Roster Slots). Players with INJ, OFS, O, and GTD statuses will be eligible for this slot.

I think this feature is genius. Annoying when you have a guy who's O for multiple games but not enough to be given the 'INJ' designation so you can only put him on the bench.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The IL+ slot for Yahoo Fantasy Basketball leagues is now available. Commissioners in private leagues can enable this slot using the commissioner tools (Commissioner >> Rosters & Scoring >> Edit Roster Slots). Players with INJ, OFS, O, and GTD statuses will be eligible for this slot.

I think this feature is genius. Annoying when you have a guy who's O for multiple games but not enough to be given the 'INJ' designation so you can only put him on the bench.
The other thing I would like to see is if a guy is GTD and ends up being O, you are able to move him to the INJ+ list and sign someone immediately to insert into the lineup. As of now, that player won't be on your roster until the following day which I have always found extremely annoying.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
We've tried the free agent moves "Daily - Today" feature instead of the one we use "Daily - Tomorrow" in the baseball league last year and we pulled the plug on it after 2 or 3 weeks. It ends up being more of a pain in the ass. For instance, Marcus Morris stunk tonight and you want him off your roster right now, you can't cut a player after their game starts until the next day. Then if you get busy and dont cut him before the next day he's still stuck on your lineup. It was especially a problem with baseball playing everyday. I like being able to drop a guy at any point of the day.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how I feel about IL+. The inclusion of GTD is a problem. I would venture to say that nearly half the league is a GTD within every 2 weeks. The majority of the stuff is minor as hell and just something from the previous game.

Also, I really dislike the idea of the players that get perpetual days off from back to backs being stashable on the IL+.

What is the difference from IL+ and an additional bench spot? Pretty much nothing.

We added an additional IL spot this year due to covid. Previously we were at 11 active 2 inactive similar to the nba. Now we have 3 inactive.

We could convert IL to IL+ but I definitely don't see adding IL+ with keeping IL. It's kind of one or the other.

Let me know your thoughts if a couple more dudes want IL+ I'll just convert it over.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how I feel about IL+. The inclusion of GTD is a problem. I would venture to say that nearly half the league is a GTD within every 2 weeks. The majority of the stuff is minor as hell and just something from the previous game.

Also, I really dislike the idea of the players that get perpetual days off from back to backs being stashable on the IL+.

What is the difference from IL+ and an additional bench spot? Pretty much nothing.

We added an additional IL spot this year due to covid. Previously we were at 11 active 2 inactive similar to the nba. Now we have 3 inactive.

We could convert IL to IL+ but I definitely don't see adding IL+ with keeping IL. It's kind of one or the other.

Let me know your thoughts if a couple more dudes want IL+ I'll just convert it over.
I'm fine sticking with the IL only designation. I'd like the IL+ if it was more aimed at the 'O' players or if the actual IL allowed for 'O' players to be added to it. Like I've had dudes miss 5+ games be stuck with the 'O' tag while another guy who misses 3 games gets the 'IL' tag for arbitrary reasonings IMO.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I don't see my generic team doing much so I'm throwing guys on the trade block. Looking for draft picks for next season.

My Trade Block:
G Russell Westbrook
G Derrick White
G Darius Garland
G Kendrick Nunn
G Immanuel Quickley
GF Gary Trent Jr
GF Tim Hardaway
F DeAndre Hunter
C James Wiseman
C Andre Drummond

Only two I'm not really trying to trade are Devin Booker and Michael Porter Jr.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
PLAYOFFS!

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET
BYE: #1 Steak & #2 ChrisV
#3 Will Scarlett vs #6 909
#4 Alfdogg vs #5 Krankot

CONSOLATION BRACKET
BYE: #7 O.G. & #8 CWM
#9 Baby Shoes vs #12 Chosun
#10 Tman12 vs #11 AboveAverage

Consolation Winner gets an extra ball in the lottery round!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET

ROUND TWO
#1 Steak vs #5 Krankor
#2 ChrisV vs #3 Will Scarlett

ROUND ONE
#3 Will Scarlett vs #6 909 = 4-4 Tiebreaker goes to Will
#4 Alfdogg vs #5 Krankor = Krankor wins 6-2

CONSOLATION BRACKET

ROUND TWO
#7 O.G. vs #10 Tman12
#8 CWM vs #12 Chosun

ROUND ONE
#9 Baby Shoes vs #12 Chosun = Chosun wins 7-1
#10 Tman12 vs #11 AboveAverage = Tman wins 5-2

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Championship week!
Steak goes for championship number one million against the new up start team ChrisV.

O.G. and CWM duke it out in the consolation finals for the extra lottery ball prize!

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET

FINALS
#1 Steak vs #2 ChrisV = 4-4 Tiebreaker goes to Steak

ROUND TWO
#1 Steak vs #5 Krankor = 4-4 Tiebreaker goes to Steak
#2 ChrisV vs #3 Will Scarlett = ChrisV wins 6-2

ROUND ONE
#3 Will Scarlett vs #6 909 = 4-4 Tiebreaker goes to Will
#4 Alfdogg vs #5 Krankor = Krankor wins 6-2

CONSOLATION BRACKET

FINALS
#7 O.G. vs #8 CWM = OG wins 6-2

ROUND TWO
#7 O.G. vs #10 Tman12 = OG wins 7-1
#8 CWM vs #12 Chosun = CWM wins 7-1

ROUND ONE
#9 Baby Shoes vs #12 Chosun = Chosun wins 7-1
#10 Tman12 vs #11 AboveAverage = Tman wins 5-2

Last edited:

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Steak tied ChrisV 4-4, Steak wins the title based on the week 9 tiebreaker matchup. Pretty anticlimactic win, but a win is a win. Congrats to Steak on championship number one million.

O.G. defeats CWM 6-2 for the consolation title.

Feel free to post keepers. No deadline set yet. Remember you can keep a maximum of 3 players. If you keep less, you receive lottery ball(s) based on the number of open keeper slots.

Anyone interested in joining, now is the time because we will for sure have a few openings from teams that disappeared.

SteakGrowsOnDmitri

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Not gonna lie, that season was insane and I got pretty lucky. It was a battle all the way to finish with ChrisV. Glad I no longer have to monitor guys randomly sitting out now.

Keepers wills be Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard and Karl Anthony Towns.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm going to go with Devin Booker and Michael Porter Jr for my keepers.

Important Dates
I'll set the Keeper Deadline Date for August 31st. The NBA Draft is end of July and Free Agency starts a week later. That should give everyone plenty of time to see if Free Agency affects their keepers. We'll fire up the thread for the new season about September 1st, and probably start drafting a little before October 1st. NBA season starts October 19th, we should be able to get drafting done in 2 to 3 weeks.

Pretty sure we'll have some open teams. Very possible and probable that we drop down from 16 teams to 14 teams next season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Harley's Keepers
G Collin Sexton
G/F RJ Barrett
F/C Julius Randle

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
August 31st is the Keeper Deadline.

I'm going to hit some of the teams up that haven't posted keepers yet with their rosters.
Two teams for sure I'm not bringing the managers back because they pretty much didn't try, that was TMMB and Tman12. I'll nominate keepers for those squads, but there is a strong possibility that we might just contract from 16 teams down to 14.

In the mean time, teams I still need keepers from:
@chrisv
@Alfdogg
@909
@OG
@Baby Shoes
@AboveAverage484
@accettacj
@Chosun One
@MFer