Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Daily Fantasy Sports

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Found out that apparently I can't even win money in my state, so I can play the free ones but if I win something, can't use it or cash out...

Set up this lineup tonight:

Russell Westbrook - OKC @ DEN, 9:00 PM

Klay Thompson - GS @ LAL, 10:30 PM

Dwyane Wade - CHI @ PHI, 7:30 PM

Joe Johnson - ATL @ UTA, 8:00 PM

Kevon Looney - GS @ LAL, 10:30 PM

Andrew Wiggins - MIN @ PHO, 9:00 PM

Jahlil Okafor - CHI @ PHI, 7:30 PM

Frank Kaminsky - CHA @ NY, 7:30 PM

Pretty happy with this lineup. Okafor should get solid minutes with Embiid unavailable tonight. Originally had Swaggy P in the Kaminsky spot after going back and forth but then pulled Swaggy seeing he will probably be out with his toe issue. Just thought more production out of a starter.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I overpayed to get both Westbrook and Harden in my daily lineup today, hoping that they out-crazy each other going head to head. To fit the $200 budget I did

Russell Westbrook (vs HOU - $59)
James Harden (vs OKC - $56)
Thabo Sefolosha (vs MIL - $10)
Kyle Korver (vs MIL - $10)
Ryan Anderson (vs OKC - $19)
Jon Leur (vs MIN - $15)
Tyson Chandler (vs LAL - $15)
Brandon Knight (vs LAL - $16)

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Dropped out of this for a long time and decided to put some money in a couple days ago. I won 16 dollars tonight on NBA so not bad.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Diving back into Nascar with a Watkins Glen lineup.

Brad Keselowski - Except 2014, he's finished in top 7 since 2011 (including 3rd last year).
Joey Logano - Finished 2nd last year, won in 2015.
Kyle Busch - Top 10 finisher since 2006 outside of 2014.
AJ Allmendinger - Has finished at least 13th in every race but 2015.
Danica Patrick - Solid low risk buy IMO. Has finished 21/17/21/20 there while usually starting deep in the group.
Trevor Bayne - Boom/Bust guy. Finished 22nd in 2015 and 9th in 2016.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Rolling with the following 3 Lineups in FanDuel

$3 Mill Sunday Million (Opted for Low Ownership, Possible Upside): Jared Goff, Tarik Cohen, Ty Montgomery, J.J. Nelson, Cooper Kupp, Ted Ginn Jr, Charles Clay, Chris Boswell, and Jacksonville
$20K Sunday Snap (Solid Mixture): Jameis Winston, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Mike Evans, Chris Hogan, Adam Thielen, Rob Gronkowski, Tavecchio, and Baltimore
$1K Single Entry (Gut Feeling): Matthew Stafford, LeSean McCoy, Mike Gillislee, Jordy Nelson, Keenan Allen, Kenny Golloday, Zach Ertz, Wil Lutz, and Washington

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Ended up winning $7 in the 20K Contest. Finished 316 of 11,764.

Also smoked 909 in our H2H: 138.94 to his 80.92. Rode Drew Brees, Ty Montgomery, Chris Hogan, and Jay Ajayi despite -1 from the Jaguars D.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Ended up winning $7 in the 20K Contest. Finished 316 of 11,764.

Also smoked 909 in our H2H: 138.94 to his 80.92. Rode Drew Brees, Ty Montgomery, Chris Hogan, and Jay Ajayi despite -1 from the Jaguars D.

I want your line up every week so I can take $5 from each of my brothers.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Rolling with the following lineups on FanDuel. I'm heavily IN on Antonio Brown and Charles Clay (figure Buffalo has to play catch up a bit and Clay is a guy who can get 4-8 catches out of nowhere). I also really like Demaryius Thomas and Jarvis Landry in their matchups.

I also think Carolina has a chance to shootout with New Orleans so I got a few of their guys in various lineups. McCaffrey I think could explode this week as a receiving weapon if Carolina has to pass to stay close. Last year they scored 38 & 23 against New Orleans w/Cam throwing for 322 in Game 1.

NFL Main $7: Alex Smith, Melvin Gordon, LeSean McCoy, Amari Cooper, Jarvis Landry, Demaryius Thomas, Charles Clay, Cairo Santos, and Pittsburgh --- Projected: 118-121 Points
NFL $2 Entry: Carson Wentz, Christian McCaffrey, Mike Gillislee, Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, Demaryius Thomas, Jack Doyle, Jake Elliott, and New England --- Projected: 114-119 Points
NFL $3 Entry: Cam Newton, Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, Kenny Golloday, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans, Charles Clay, Graham Gano, and Baltimore --- Projected: 110-111 Points
NFL $30K: Carson Wentz, Melvin Gordon, Tarik Cohen, Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Keenan Allen, Charles Clay, Chris Boswell, and Miami --- Projected: 121-24 Points

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
HQ of course doesn't mention the league he has with 909 and I where I beat both of them smh.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
HQ of course doesn't mention the league he has with 909 and I where I beat both of them smh.

We all did pretty crappy to be fair. IIRC it was CWM at 94, Me at 89, and 909 at 88 or something.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
This is true but I did the least crappy!

The only notable thing of the weekend was that I managed to win $6 playing in a $4 CFL and was just barely outside of winning $8. I know even less about CFL than I do NFL despite being Canadian but I seem to do well at it for some reason. Made back a lot of the money I'd scattered around goofing around with WNBA and other things. With how few people play WNBA I still think someone who really knows the league like Slim could fucking clean up though.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
trying to explain to DK that I'm not attempting to defraud them for 16.35 and that I just want to fucking withdraw some of my money. I'm for sure not using them anymore.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
trying to explain to DK that I'm not attempting to defraud them for 16.35 and that I just want to fucking withdraw some of my money. I'm for sure not using them anymore.

Sounds like a lesser instance of the scenario 909 ran into. That's partly why I switched over to FanDuel, even with its less pleasing aesthetic and differences.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Entered a Free Contest after a 60K Contest had both lineups voided :(

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Kareem Hunt & Derrick Henry
WR: Antonio Brown & AJ Green & Demaryius Thomas
TE: Jack Doyle
K: Dustin Hopkins
DEF: Washington

Also a $3 Entry 120K Contest - Went with guys who could have monster games
QB: Drew Brees
RB: C.J. Anderson & Chris Carson
WR: Antonio Brown & Kelvin Benjamin & Jarvis Landry
TE: Charles Clay
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Cleveland

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Your lineups were likely voided because fanduel fucked up big time on the MNF pricing, where all the players were like 12k, so they voided entries after they fixed the prices

I'm betting big on the Saints D being the thing to kickstart Carolina's offense

QB: Cam Newton
RBs: Christian McCaffrey and Jay Ajayi
WRs: Kelvin Benjamin, Chris Hogan and Dez Bryant Michael Crabtree
TE: Delanie Walker
K: Chandler Catanzaro
D: Baltimore

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
fazzle said:
Your lineups were likely voided because fanduel fucked up big time on the MNF pricing, where all the players were like 12k, so they voided entries after they fixed the prices

I'm betting big on the Saints D being the thing to kickstart Carolina's offense

QB: Cam Newton
RBs: Christian McCaffrey and Jay Ajayi
WRs: Kelvin Benjamin, Chris Hogan and Dez Bryant Michael Crabtree
TE: Delanie Walker
K: Chandler Catanzaro
D: Baltimore

I want to be more bullish on Cam/McCaffrey/Kelvin but I'm also worried that Cam may re-injure his ankle & miss most of the game. I ended up changing around my Thursday-Monday lineup.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Mike Gillislee & Jonathan Stewart
WR: Antonio Brown & Julio Jones & Marvin Jones
TE: Charles Clay
K: Brandon McManus
DEF: Baltimore

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't play anyone ever against Houston's defense. If you do you're asking for it. Plus, NE should get out to a big lead and run the ball a lot. Carr on the other hand is playing behind one of the best pass blocking OL's ever constructed (yeah, I'm going there), against a team that can't tackle, on a team that is first in yards after contact. I have him in all my DFS lineups this week and I never ever play Oakland players in those things.

That being said Dalton missed a wide open AJ Green a shitload of times in Week 2. Not that Chris Hogan is AJ Green and gonna get open all the time like that.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty blah in my efforts. Won $2 in the Free Play largely thanks to Kirk Cousins, Kareem Hunt, and A.J. Green scoring 139.00

I scored 100.80, 86.00, and 83.56 in my other 3 lineups.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Rolling with the following... First contest I mainly went for FDPA for opposing teams. Others I mainly went for potential TD opportunities or stacks who could explode (Rodgers/Nelson, Brady/Gronk).

$30K 0.25 Contest: Cam Newton, Ezekiel Elliott, LeSean McCoy, Golden Tate, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Jesse James, Ryan Succop, and Detroit
-----------------------------: Jared Goff, Joe Mixon, DeMarco Murray, Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, A.J. Green Devin Funchess, Jesse James, Stephen Gostkowski Jake Elliott, and Indianapolis
$25K 1.00 Single Entry: Aaron Rodgers, Leonard Fournette, Tarik Cohen, Jordy Nelson, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan, Charles Clay, Jake Elliott, and Arizona
$100K 2.00 Contest: Tom Brady, Frank Gore, Duke Johnson, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Pierre Garcon, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Myers, and Cleveland
$1K 0.25 Contest: Blake Bortles, Mike Gillislee, Frank Gore, Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Jesse James, Ryan Succop, and Jacksonville

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Spent $3.75 and ended up winning $3.00 back out of 5 contests. Finished 2,867 of 29,762 in one contest (the Thursday one with Rodgers/Nelson stack and a 3.7% owned K Jake Elliott).

Staff member
Reaction score
I won $15 on FD with this, but I had another lineup that outscored it by a ton and therefore I should have won much more.

Watson, Bell, Crowell, Dez, Larry Fitz, Hopkins, M. Bennett, Blair Walsh, Bengals

The better lineup was:

Prescott, Gordon, Gore, Hopkins, Dez, Odell, Bennett, Jake Elliott, Steelers

But that only won a dollar because the entry fee was so low.

I strongly considered changing to the Dolphins D in both scenarios. Need to trust my gut more and analyze RB matchups better.

Staff member
Reaction score
This week:

Stafford, Brees, Watson, Pryor, Fuller, Michael Thomas, Freeman, Gordon, Fournette, Bell, Fleener...all up for heavy consideration. Not easy to pick a QB.

Staff member
Reaction score
I won some money on a free contest last night so I am playing NBA on DK for now.

PG Dejounte Murray 8.9 swap out
SG Bradley Beal 35.7 swap out
SF Jaylen Brown 12.0 swap out
PF Marquese Chriss 18.7 swap out
C Hassan Whiteside 41.3 swap out
G Lance Stephenson 18.8 swap out
F L. Aldridge 32.4 swap out
UTIL K. Towns 48.7

I dropped Lillard and Thon Maker for Towns and Born Ready.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Rolling with this lineup in a $100K Contest FanDuel lineup. Also went for some matchups that may produce a high pace e.g. get my players more opportunities than normal.

PG Steph Curry $9,400
PG Lonzo Ball $6,800
SG Jaylen Brown $6,200 (Marcus Smart is unlikely to play)
SG Andrew Wiggins $6,800
SF Kelly Oubre Jr. $5,300 (Slated to get the start & teammate is out)
SF Robert Covington $6,800 Harrison Barnes $6,300
PF Thaddeus Young $6,300
PF Zach Randolph $5,800 (Slated to start at PF)
C Marcin Gortat $6,100

EDIT: And this 0.25 $2,000 Contest on DK
PG Darren Collison 46.3 swap out
SG Jaylen Brown 32.9 swap out
SF Robert Covington 46.3 swap out
PF Draymond Green 43.3 swap out
C Anthony Davis 57.0 swap out
G Jordan Clarkson 27.0 swap out
F Thaddeus Young 44.3 swap out
UTIL Dewayne Dedmon 23.3 swap out

Staff member
Reaction score
Would have been a good (but not winning) lineup if you kept Barnes, it looks like. Which is why I load up with stars and punts. Those mid-priced guys are too streaky.

I may change this (Aldridge out for Booker and Chandler for Hield if I do), but I like MUH PUNTS.

PG James Harden 51.4 swap out
SG Yogi Ferrell 15.5 swap out
SF Wilson Chandler 19.0 swap out
PF K. Porzingis 51.0 swap out
C Kelly Olynyk 21.3 swap out
G Victor Oladipo 41.8 swap out
F L. Aldridge 48.0 swap out
UTIL Kay Felder 15.5

THAT'S RIGHT KAY FELDER. Should play a lot in a blowout and everyone else has huge minutes guaranteed to them due to injuries. Chandler took a lot of shots in his first game and missed them.

I stopped posting about NFL shit after losing 35 dollars last week. Playing 10 bucks this week and that's it for the year. Good thing I won a lot from soccer a little while ago.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Rolling with this lineup in a $100K Contest FanDuel lineup. Also went for some matchups that may produce a high pace e.g. get my players more opportunities than normal.

PG Steph Curry $9,400
PG Lonzo Ball $6,800
SG Jaylen Brown $6,200 (Marcus Smart is unlikely to play)
SG Andrew Wiggins $6,800
SF Kelly Oubre Jr. $5,300 (Slated to get the start & teammate is out)
SF Robert Covington $6,800 Harrison Barnes $6,300
PF Thaddeus Young $6,300
PF Zach Randolph $5,800 (Slated to start at PF)
C Marcin Gortat $6,100

EDIT: And this 0.25 $2,000 Contest on DK
PG Darren Collison 46.3 swap out
SG Jaylen Brown 32.9 swap out
SF Robert Covington 46.3 swap out
PF Draymond Green 43.3 swap out
C Anthony Davis 57.0 swap out
G Jordan Clarkson 27.0 swap out
F Thaddeus Young 44.3 swap out
UTIL Dewayne Dedmon 23.3 swap out

Yeah, Covington disappointed. Scored 233 in the DK (69.25 from AD on 11.1 ownership & 26.75 from Dedmon who was 1.4% owned) but finished at 6,837.

My FanDuel I scored 255.6 and finished at 95,144 out of 119,048. Top winners were scoring 400+ by comparison. Zach Randolph continues to by my dawg being 0.5% owned and scoring 26.7 (for comparison, Thaddeus Young scored 20.9 on 28.1% ownership).