Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

DC & Marvel Animated Discussion

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I accidentally stumbled on some spoilers for the new animated Batman: Hush. Now some may say big deal for stumbling on spoilers for an animated movie of a 17-year old classic comic arc, however they apparently did do some significant changes that are quite interesting and may have been much more interesting not seeing them ahead of time. If this is remotely on your radar, try to stay away from seeing anything ahead of time because there is a bit of a different twist in the animated version.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Very entertained by the DC Super Hero Girls episodes. Can be found online at Cartoon Network with 8 episodes available. Series was created by Lauren Faust and it's a lot of fun with most eps ranging from 11-13 minutes in length. If you've seen any of the web shorts, it's basically an extended version of that.

Been getting into the show now that it's 18 episodes deep. A lot of fun stuff including tweaks to characters and little shout outs such as Harley's potential pet hyenas now being named Lucy and Ethel (after I Love Lucy) tying into the female theme without diminishing the original Bud/Lou naming concept.

Credit to the writers that I find myself invested in every main character as well.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Just saw a commercial that Cartoon Network is broadcasting the Teen Titans Go! Vs Teen Titans starting Monday. Double checked and it isn’t on DCU yet so I set it up to record on my DVR.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Just saw a commercial that Cartoon Network is broadcasting the Teen Titans Go! Vs Teen Titans starting Monday. Double checked and it isn’t on DCU yet so I set it up to record on my DVR.

Thanks for the heads up! Got it all set to record, excited to see it.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
That was a fun movie with a lot of good nods to the whole continuity of Titans history.

Agreed. Also fun seeing the interactions between both sides and the songs were catchy enough. Definitely got a mix of Into the Spider-Verse coupled with Avengers: Endgame art/plot wise.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally caught Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it was a lot of fun. I did feel like Shredder/Baxter Stockman were kind of underutilized but seeing the TNMT and Batman/Robin/Batgirl fighting, then teaming up against Ra's Al Ghul & Shredder was worth it. Some good lines throughout for all parties and the
Batgallery taking the mutagen and the subsequent mutation effects were pure nightmare fuel, especially Two Face
in the classic 80s style cartoon way IMO. Also always a bonus to see Harley in her classic Jester costume. I've decided that costume helps accentuate Harley's emotions/feelings/non-verbalness much better than her other costumes seem to. Maybe it's a writing thing...

I also really liked the artwork too. It felt like a throwback to the comics Silver Age but it kind of worked well with everything going on. 7/10

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Found this piece of artwork on Twitter via Paul Dini's retweet: New desktop background!

EVGBquHU4AAcNuU

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The all-star voice cast for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Justice Society: World War II animated film has been announced.
Oh really?
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justice Society: World War II stars Stana Katic as Wonder Woman, Matt Bomer as The Flash, Elysia Rotaru as Black Canary, Chris Diamantopoulos as Steve Trevor, Omid Abtahi as Hawkman, Matthew Mercer as Hourman, Armen Taylor as Jay Garrick, Liam McIntyre as Aquaman, Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West, Geoffrey Arend as Charles Halstead/Advisor, Keith Ferguson as Dr. Fate and Darin De Paul as Roosevelt.
Where‘s the all-stars?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
@HarleyQuinn Opening your post with Hell Yeah makes me think you may be Kite Man.

I saw stuff on Soul of the Dragon but I got out of the habit of buying most of the DC releases when they went to DCU. I know some, not all, went to HBO Max and I need to see if the ones I never got around to watching all made it over.

I actually did pick up Batman vs Two-Face sometime in the past few months because I was curious about that one with the 66 style Batman casting William Shatner.